Singapore Expats Forum

Shops with African health or skincare products?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

rufus

Shops with African health or skincare products?

Postby rufus » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 1:23 pm

Hi. I'm wondering if there are any shops in Singapore that sell African health or skincare products? I'm looking for black soap and unrefined shea butter. TIA.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 3:40 pm

Can you tell me if it's good for getting rid of white spots? :wink:

If you find it can you send a carton of it to Michael Jackson? :P

rufus

Postby rufus » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 3:52 pm

Hi. I don't know for sure whether shea butter or black soap will help. Both are reputed to be good for skin conditions, the former is especially helpful for eczema, while the latter for acne. If the white spot is caused by fungus, then shea butter might work as it's supposed to be anti-fungal. But you'll need to look for unrefined shea butter, which has not been chemically treated and hence more potent. HTH!

MJ supposedly has a skin condition called vitiligo? Whether it's true or not I don't know :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 6:41 pm

I knew all of that already. :wink: Was just 'avin a bit 'o fun.

Welcome to Singers and welcome to the forum. We are just like family here.........

We sometimes bicker & fight. But all in all we're pretty okay!

IF I can get my timing right, I'll ask a SA friend of mine (he's a pilot) if there is a place for the stuff you're looking for. He just came back from a home leave and brought me a care package of several packages of Pro-Vitas (I'm using them as a Carbo supplement while I'm on a diet) and beautiful large link of Boerewors but they will have to wait until the diet is over. :( After he came back he told me that there is a place here that has a bit of African goods here but I didn't think to ask him about it at the time.

sms

rufus

Postby rufus » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 7:11 pm

Thanks for the welcome and asking your friend. Appreciate that very much! I've checked online shops but the shipping is just not worth it unless I'm buying in large quantities.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:06 pm

is clearasil or oxy no good these days for acne? :roll:

and E45 for skin condition?

gaexpat

Postby gaexpat » Thu, 01 May 2008 5:12 pm

I would like to know as well..I cant seem to find any places here that sell vegetable butters. Or even oils..

Immortal
Regular
Regular

Postby Immortal » Fri, 02 May 2008 1:24 pm

SMS

I do have a contact for the SA product shop. Is it ok to post on here? I guess I can give the name of the shop yeah?

Its Springbok, the owner is Janet. There is a website but its not fully functional and it doesn't have all the products they carry. I know they have now added Skin Care Products as well. www.africasiatrading.com

Her email address is : janet.smith@africasiatrading.com

Email her and she will send you a full list of the products, food and skin care that she has in stock.

I can't wait til she brings in Wors too SMS, I had mine last weekend at a braai and it was awesome!

Hope that helps.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 03 May 2008 12:10 am

Not a problem stranger! Oh good luck on your trip! :wink:

I might check the shop out as well as another SA dieter like myself recommends Pyott's Crispbreads. She says they are better than the Provitas.

Min_Ong

Postby Min_Ong » Fri, 31 Oct 2008 2:08 pm

i called up springbok they carry more on food, no skincare, mainly food.

my old source of unrefined shea butter seemed to have gone mia after yahoo auctions closed down.

but i found one source here. http://www.yoursessentially.com/index.p ... ductId=131

and on couple of other organic/natural skincare sites. try searching.

hope that helps.