Singapore Expats Forum

i need help in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

joe28

Postby joe28 » Fri, 25 Apr 2008 6:00 pm

ksl wrote:... I'm 25 minutes away...

25 minutes away on car is Malaysia or Indonesia :lol:

Changi is 10-15 minutes to go,
Botanic Garden and Sentosa - about 10 minutes
The Observer is 25 minutes of walking and making a pic every fine view :)

joe28

Postby joe28 » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:40 pm

ksl wrote:...

ksl, i just phoned to e-cafe again and told with its manager so well.
He run the filesearch on all of pc (from admin remote PC console?), but didnt' found either *.zip, either folder name.
It is very strange, because he said, that they never clean root folders.

He told about file recovery and left me e-mail address.
Also, i have a correct phone number of e-cafe too and can write here, if anybody interesting in.

I will continue the communication with e-cafe manager by e-mail.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: !!

Postby ksl » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:ksl,

Sounds like they did the same thing to you as they did to me 25 years ago when I converted my license here!

I had what Louisana calls a class 3 & 4 Chauffeurs License with riders which meant I could drive anything with wheels and for hire as well. When I converted in '83 they told me that I couldn't use a class 5 here as you needed a Work Permit to do so (I lived here on a tourist visa for the 1st 11 years as I worked offshore and only lived in Singapore). So they gave me a Class 3 & 4. I didn't ask for the class 2 at the time as I had no plans back then to ever buy a bike here. In hindsite, bad move as how was I supposed to know I would eventually be given a 750 Magna? Anyway, still driving on the class 3 & 4 but sometimes which I had gotten the Class 5 or Taxi/bus chauffeurs license here.

Yes exactly, they just gave me the basic car licence, I will look into it, although i probably will never have use for it. The UK is also different to Europe....a class 3 heavy goods, you can also pull a trailer, with the class 1 being the highest..which is the 40ft container wagons.

In Denmark you must have a trailer licence for any size trailer, they are also tested yearly, so when i moved, they only gave me class 3 without trailer, something to do with how many axels on the road, where in UK it different.
Anyway when i told the police in Denmark that all hgv 3 vehicles are allowed to pull trailers, they gave me class 1. I had lost class 1 back in 1970, when the heavy goods licence changed over, but they gave it me back in Europe..I also had track licence, which i also lost on transfer, to the choppers. Basically I learned all about mechanics over a 3 month period on the HGV course, which became very useful, and kept me in work, when i needed it.

I used to teach groundhandlers and aircrew my last 3 years.
When I lok back on the crop spraying which i did for 5 years, , I often wonder how we managed to get the work done, after being on the gin all night, although the work is that dangerous and tedious, so i guess the pilots needed the gin, to get through the day! Mind you we only lost two choppers in 5 years. I was just thinking tonight how time flys.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:52 pm

joe28 wrote:

He run the filesearch on all of pc (from admin remote PC console?), but didnt' found either *.zip, either folder name.

Also, i have a correct phone number of e-cafe too and can write here, if anybody interesting in.

Joe28 ask him to download the software SMS recommended and Durain, he can surely check it for you! I will still call in if i can find a spare moment, I was really busy with the food exhibition from the 21st to the 25th.

joe28

Postby joe28 » Thu, 15 May 2008 2:11 am

ksl wrote:
joe28 wrote:

Joe28 ask him to download the software SMS recommended and Durain, he can surely check it for you! I will still call in if i can find a spare moment, I was really busy with the food exhibition from the 21st to the 25th.

He promised to recover by now is keeping the silence with three remindering messages
If you have a little bit of wish and free time - please try to recover.

In attachment - PC in e-cafe.
Phone Number - 82233704

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 15 May 2008 3:17 am

joe28 wrote:
ksl wrote:
joe28 wrote:

He promised to recover by now is keeping the silence with three remindering messages

Phone Number - 82233704

Do you have his name, by any chance?

joe28

Postby joe28 » Thu, 15 May 2008 11:01 pm

ksl wrote:
joe28 wrote:
ksl wrote:
joe28 wrote:

Phone Number - 82233704

Do you have his name, by any chance?

No i haven't.
But i think, this is cellphone, because first time he answered, that he was not in office that time, and at the second time spoke from office (e-cafe).

And i have his e-mail