Singapore Expats Forum

i need help in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

joe28

i need help in Singapore

Postby joe28 » Fri, 11 Apr 2008 1:05 am

Hi all!
I'm from Russia, and i visited Singapore at the end of March this year.
Unfortunately, i lost my pics from this trip.
But i got backup of the zip-archive file of its and put into the PC in Internet-Cafe

Could you help me as:
1. Write here contacts (phone, e-mail) of this e-cafe?

2. If anybody of yours often visits this cafe - tell me, and i describe the PC with this file. The best way of following steps is, if it possible, place this file on Web

I attached the map, the building of this e-cafe marked by Red Star. Its on Ophir Road

Thank you for any help!

http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rrdmz3.jpg

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: i need help in Singapore

Postby ksl » Fri, 11 Apr 2008 1:16 pm

joe28 wrote:Hi all!
But i got backup of the zip-archive file of its and put into the PC in Internet-Cafe

Could you help me as:

2. If anybody of yours often visits this cafe - tell me, and i describe the PC with this file. The best way of following steps is, if it possible, place this file on Web

I attached the map, the building of this e-cafe marked by Red Star. Its on Ophir Road

Thank you for any help!

I'm sure if you can explain which PC you used, and the file extention, someone, will pop in, and help you out!

joe28

Postby joe28 » Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:48 pm

ksl wrote:

Could you help me as:

Thank you for any help!

I'm sure if you can explain which PC you used, and the file extention, someone, will pop in, and help you out!

Ksl, i meaned, what if someone write contacts of e-cafe, which writen in a banner on a building on a map :) i will phone (e-mail), and admin will found this PC by log of visitors, by my name and date&time of my last visit.
I also meaned, that this problem solves by voyce more simply.

OK, this PC has number 1 or 2, stays right side from the entry, if you stay face-to-entry, the second by left direction, and has non high-speed internet connection (in this e-cafe both types of PC, hi-speed and non hi speed).

File placed in the trash can :D , it's name 1.zip, size about 140 Mb contains jpg-files. Date of creation (moving to trash can) is 22/03/2008

Also, if i remeber it correct, in trash can may be placed full DIR named "RASKIN", contained these files unpacked. If not, 1.zip will be enough for me

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:39 pm

joe28 wrote:
ksl wrote:

Could you help me as:

Thank you for any help!

Ksl, i meaned, what if someone write contacts of e-cafe, which writen in a banner on a building on a map :) i will phone (e-mail), and admin will found this PC by log of visitors, by my name and date&time of my last visit.
I also meaned, that this problem solves by voyce more simply.

OK, this PC has number 1 or 2, stays right side from the entry, if you stay face-to-entry, the second by left direction, and has non high-speed internet connection (in this e-cafe both types of PC, hi-speed and non hi speed).

File placed in the trash can :D , it's name 1.zip, size about 140 Mb contains jpg-files. Date of creation (moving to trash can) is 22/03/2008

Also, if i remeber it correct, in trash can may be placed full DIR named "RASKIN", contained these files unpacked. If not, 1.zip will be enough for me

OK i'll see what i can do, this weekend!

joe28

Postby joe28 » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 4:02 pm

ksl wrote:

Any success?

To all: Doesn't anybody live near Arab District?
All i need is to reed a banner of e-cafe in the center of building (marked on a map), and write here a phone number or e-mail of it?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 6:16 pm

joe28 wrote:
ksl wrote:

Any success?

All i need is to reed a banner of e-cafe in the center of building (marked on a map), and write here a phone number or e-mail of it?

Not forgot you, I'm going to bugis tomrrow...!

Netgames Pte Ltd
100 Beach Rd #01-09 Singapore 189702
Tel : 6297-0605

if you read through the names on the list, you may find it!

I have just checked 62 internet cafe's in Singapore none on ophir st or rd, so maybe the entrance is on beach road, I found two on beach road.
here's the list.
http://www.eguide.com.sg/productservice ... ,Asia.html

joe28

Postby joe28 » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:47 pm

ksl wrote:
joe28 wrote:
ksl wrote:

Any success?

Not forgot you, I'm going to bugis tomrrow...!

Netgames Pte Ltd
100 Beach Rd #01-09 Singapore 189702
Tel : 6297-0605

if you read through the names on the list, you may find it!

I have just checked 62 internet cafe's in Singapore none on ophir st or rd, so maybe the entrance is on beach road, I found two on beach road.
here's the list.
http://www.eguide.com.sg/productservice ... ,Asia.html

Thank you, but i'm not lamer :) and already started from this search.
May be owner doesn't want to pay for publicity, but i didn't found this e-cafe on internet search.

Entrance is really from the Ophir road.
The entrance in this cafe is the next door after the Bar toward Hospital in the middle of this wide building, the second floor upstairs. Banner is white.
If i remember correct, an arabic name like Musa is written on a banner.

Something like "Internet 24 hours, [phone/e-mail], Musa"

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 4:24 pm

MUSA 24Hour Internet..65-62936952. No email address on the business card.

I checked the recycle bin...only on one computer, completely empty.
I asked the Muslim girl, how often they clear the files, and she said every week...So there is not much chance at all of recovering them.

Was the date, 22n March when you was in there if so the files would be deleted every 5 days or every week! Anyway that's the number above...Sorry I couldn't do more!

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 5:59 pm

fair play to you KSL, that was a decent thing to do. Next time you are in Bugis area five me a shout and I will spot you a beer as a reward! I work in the area

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:24 am

markhed wrote:fair play to you KSL, that was a decent thing to do. Next time you are in Bugis area five me a shout and I will spot you a beer as a reward! I work in the area
:D Nice thought! Thanks, may take you up on that!

joe28

Postby joe28 » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 1:16 am

ksl wrote:MUSA 24Hour Internet..65-62936952. No email address on the business card.

I asked the Muslim girl, how often they clear the files, and she said every week...So there is not much chance at all of recovering them.

Was the date, 22n March when you was in there if so the files would be deleted every 5 days or every week! Anyway that's the number above...Sorry I couldn't do more!

ksl, Thanks a lot!
You really did much more than i hoped.
All other - is my problem.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 1:35 am

joe28 wrote:
ksl wrote:MUSA 24Hour Internet..65-62936952. No email address on the business card.

ksl, Thanks a lot!
You really did much more than i hoped.
All other - is my problem.

Well I know the feeling of losing photo's, it's a part of life, just lost.....I lost all mine of my kids, and my mother and father, in fact all photo's of my life, when a guy supposed to have been a mate, was looking after all my private belongings, while I worked abroad....then no communication, he did a runner with everything i owned and even kept money that I sent over, to have my things dispatched....the photo's were the only things i really cared about, never get those moments back!

Although there is one consolation, Singapore may change a little in the future, but its not going anywhere, so maybe you will be back, to see the sites again! :wink:

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 1:49 am

ksl, you next task is to find that SIA crew that italian stallion was looking for! :P

btw, respect to you for helping someone in need of help. no beers for you but i will brew up a durian vinegar for you. :D

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 3:00 am

ksl, you next task is to find that SIA crew that italian stallion was looking for!
Do i get to dress up in uniform :oops: crikey, hope the stallion can tell the difference :wink:

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Sat, 19 Apr 2008 3:48 am

Where would ksl be without internet, eh?
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso