Singapore Expats Forum

Parsa Malam

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
cosmogal
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 08 Apr 2008
Contact:

Parsa Malam

Postby cosmogal » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:05 am

I am interested in setting up a Parsa Malam stall, any one knows how to go about it? :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34261
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:13 am

Are you sure you don't mean a Pasar Malam Stall?

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby durain » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:20 am

hmmm... expat pasar malam stall. that would be interesting...

User avatar
kaseyma
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat, 05 Apr 2008
Location: in question

Postby kaseyma » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 6:25 am

Many are run by "expats."
Expats from Malaysia, expats from Indonesia, etc.


However, come to think of it, a western expat stall at a Pasar Malam would be interesting; quite a novelty. 8-)

Shimure
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 10 Apr 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby Shimure » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 4:49 pm

depends on where you want to set up....

you can check with the community centres if they have any flea markets available.
"When people consult me, it's not that I'm reading the future; I am guessing at the future. Based on the omens of the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it, what comes later will also be better."

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2007

Postby Winxkid » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:03 pm

To facilitate those who wish to operate a Pasar Malam stall or organize trade fair, this is the link to everything You need to gear yourself for

http://www.business.gov.sg/EN/BusinessT ... _pasar.htm

Cheers

:D
petsgdirectory.blogspot.com

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:49 pm

:oops: damn edit button playing up!
Last edited by ksl on Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:50 pm

ksl wrote:Attended a couple now, you have to approach the organiser, and rent a table or two!

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby durain » Fri, 11 Apr 2008 3:23 am

ksl wrote:
ksl wrote:Attended a couple now, you have to approach the organiser, and rent a table or two!


what you selling at the pasar malam? :)

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:13 pm

durain wrote:
ksl wrote:
ksl wrote:Attended a couple now, you have to approach the organiser, and rent a table or two!


what you selling at the pasar malam? :)
We occassionally do the sampling and distribute information on health vinegars, more for exposure than to sell....although it also depends if its a large one or not, for 25$ a day, its pretty cheap..and easy pays for itself.


People think vinegars are sour bitter taste, in stead of a normal beverage!

Most people do not know, that they should brush their teeth after all drinks....because of natural acids in drinks...so education is very important....and I mean all beverages have many different acids in, like Coke, 7 up, so mouth hygiene is very important issue...which really should be on labels, i believe, because acids do break down calcium.

So we always inform the public of mouth hygiene after consuming fruits too, because the acids are in fruits, and are essential to good health, which is kind of ironic....I consume quite alot of vinegar, although it is diluted....

The manufacture have also completed some practical research too, after i had told them I had monitored blood tests with my GP, just to prove to myself, that it works, I mean at 15 to 20$ a bottle it doesn't come cheap, so one needs results right.

Their results were the same, although they did it on cranberry , and i used apple and plum, although their is no doubt in my mind, I never try to convince anyone, its pointless...I just say convince yourself, by doing what i did, a drink with meals 3 times a day, produces very positive results for me, my LDL cholesterol is well below, the average person, and my HDL, the good cholesterol is high, and that's very positive in reducing the likelyhood of a heart attack. But not only that, my liver is getting better too, after it was so bad, I was turning yellow because of cell damage caused by alcohol. They calll it Fatty liver, but vinegar breaks down fatty acids....I will never ever be without my vinegar drinks, which is basically non alcoholic wine....the same process is used to make the beverage...although the healthy bacteria used is cultivated for taste, and brewing by agricultral chemists.

Not and i do point out not, like most vinegars, that are brewed, by none specialists...although a great many know the benefits of drinking vinegar for health for centuries, it's become a bio technology topic of great importance, with significant impact on the medicinal and pharmacy industries, all fighting to pattern the statins, that are organically produced and added.

The red yeast rice vinegar, being classified under the FDA as a drug, is basically an import restriction, to reduce the import of drinking vinegars..we call it a technical hinderance, because USA Pharmacy have patterned a drug with the same statin..

The Asian Countries have been drinking vinegar for hundreds of years, with know ill effects, although it is obviouse, that businesses will exploit a situation if it involves money.

They sell the statin drugs for a small fortune, yet drinking vinegars, is a natural way to get the same effects.

What's basically happend over the years, is fast food and other junk food, have changed our healthy life style habits, so we do not get the same healthy diet....especially all the acids through natural foods like fruits and veg. so the vinegar is really a supplement to a bad diet, because it delivers a minimum of 10 essential acids, and if made with brown rice sorghum, you get the amino acids too. The building blocks to health and development.

Must admit I'm hooked, its my passion, so much that I'm now thinking to make my own brand name,!

MikeDirnt
Regular
Regular
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun, 27 Jan 2008

Postby MikeDirnt » Fri, 11 Apr 2008 1:49 pm

it is pasar malam.

if you got good products to sell, can really make money.
Guides and information -> Singapore Stocks

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 195
Joined: Wed, 11 Apr 2007

Postby Winxkid » Fri, 11 Apr 2008 7:14 pm

ksl wrote:
durain wrote:
ksl wrote:
ksl wrote:Attended a couple now, you have to approach the organiser, and rent a table or two!


what you selling at the pasar malam? :)
We occassionally do the sampling and distribute information on health vinegars, more for exposure than to sell....although it also depends if its a large one or not, for 25$ a day, its pretty cheap..and easy pays for itself.


People think vinegars are sour bitter taste, in stead of a normal beverage!

Most people do not know, that they should brush their teeth after all drinks....because of natural acids in drinks...so education is very important....and I mean all beverages have many different acids in, like Coke, 7 up, so mouth hygiene is very important issue...which really should be on labels, i believe, because acids do break down calcium.

So we always inform the public of mouth hygiene after consuming fruits too, because the acids are in fruits, and are essential to good health, which is kind of ironic....I consume quite alot of vinegar, although it is diluted....

The manufacture have also completed some practical research too, after i had told them I had monitored blood tests with my GP, just to prove to myself, that it works, I mean at 15 to 20$ a bottle it doesn't come cheap, so one needs results right.

Their results were the same, although they did it on cranberry , and i used apple and plum, although their is no doubt in my mind, I never try to convince anyone, its pointless...I just say convince yourself, by doing what i did, a drink with meals 3 times a day, produces very positive results for me, my LDL cholesterol is well below, the average person, and my HDL, the good cholesterol is high, and that's very positive in reducing the likelyhood of a heart attack. But not only that, my liver is getting better too, after it was so bad, I was turning yellow because of cell damage caused by alcohol. They calll it Fatty liver, but vinegar breaks down fatty acids....I will never ever be without my vinegar drinks, which is basically non alcoholic wine....the same process is used to make the beverage...although the healthy bacteria used is cultivated for taste, and brewing by agricultral chemists.

Not and i do point out not, like most vinegars, that are brewed, by none specialists...although a great many know the benefits of drinking vinegar for health for centuries, it's become a bio technology topic of great importance, with significant impact on the medicinal and pharmacy industries, all fighting to pattern the statins, that are organically produced and added.

The red yeast rice vinegar, being classified under the FDA as a drug, is basically an import restriction, to reduce the import of drinking vinegars..we call it a technical hinderance, because USA Pharmacy have patterned a drug with the same statin..

The Asian Countries have been drinking vinegar for hundreds of years, with know ill effects, although it is obviouse, that businesses will exploit a situation if it involves money.

They sell the statin drugs for a small fortune, yet drinking vinegars, is a natural way to get the same effects.

What's basically happend over the years, is fast food and other junk food, have changed our healthy life style habits, so we do not get the same healthy diet....especially all the acids through natural foods like fruits and veg. so the vinegar is really a supplement to a bad diet, because it delivers a minimum of 10 essential acids, and if made with brown rice sorghum, you get the amino acids too. The building blocks to health and development.

Must admit I'm hooked, its my passion, so much that I'm now thinking to make my own brand name,!


Hey dude, I really like vinegar drinks, especially those of apple flavours :)
petsgdirectory.blogspot.com

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:09 am

Hey dude, I really like vinegar drinks, especially those of apple flavours


Better still with mint added, and a slice of lemon, really cool apple mint, kicks! Although I have used the last of my mint up, which I purchased in Taiwan..
Tried with grenadine too, also good, but the mint is pure magic.. I have called it Famosa Magic!


Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest