Singapore Expats Forum

Singaporeans who have lived abroad and have come back

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
PetiteMiam

Singaporeans who have lived abroad and have come back

Postby PetiteMiam » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 10:21 pm

Hi Gals,
i want to meet more singaporeans like myself. I was born here and was raised in Sydney for 13 yrs of my life. Although i have been back for a long time now. I feel like i dont fit here and when i go back to sydney, somehow i dont fit 100% there too, but i still go back to sydney lot.

I just want to make more friends who is the same position as me. Trying to fit in with the different upbringing, accent and interests.

PM me if you have the same experience and want to talk and build a friendship! btw - 27/f here

Chong.Tan

Postby Chong.Tan » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 1:22 pm

Tell me about it! I just returned from a 4yr + stint in London and feel like a zebra in a mall.

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Postby hei guess what » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 1:58 pm

Ai yo yo ! ! !
Why you all so like dat one ?

Don't worry lah, got ROSS what . . .
http://singaporeans.meetup.com/52/

:P

PetiteMiam

Thanks

Postby PetiteMiam » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 6:52 pm

Oh...thanks for the link. Will check it out. I just know there are others in the same boat as me in this forum and would like to meet them.

Welcome galfrens who want to meet up for coffee after work or go for a movie or chill by the Singapore river.

Ada232

Postby Ada232 » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:10 am

Hey, I felt the same way. I been away for about 9yr. But I need to come back due to my dad sickness. I been back for a bout a week. I felt like an alien.

I felt like a stranger when I landed.

Would be glad to meet up and chat. As most singaporean tend to be more tradition. Therefore, behaviours, like and dislike, taste, perception, etc are different. You can't express yourself fully. Other might look at you in different way.

By the way, any good place for coffee???

Be yourself.....

monstergal
Regular
Regular

absolutely agree!

Postby monstergal » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 5:47 pm

hi fellow zebrarians! i feel the same way too. been here now for 10 years. and really starting to feel homesick. born here and bred in brissy for 20 years!
let's share stories

uncle9

Postby uncle9 » Fri, 02 May 2008 7:14 am

i was away from Singapore for yrs... 7 yrs in sydney / 2 yrs in hk

i've just returned and i can't get used to the transport, the work culture, and FAMILY... damned i miss my own personal space..

i miss the pork rolls @ cabra, cha 4 tea @ chatswood, free parking after 10 in da city, sir3n parties, coffee @ double bay

yankee_ibanez

Postby yankee_ibanez » Fri, 02 May 2008 1:48 pm

uncle9 wrote:i was away from Singapore for yrs... 7 yrs in sydney / 2 yrs in hk

i've just returned and i can't get used to the transport, the work culture, and FAMILY... damned i miss my own personal space..

i miss the pork rolls @ cabra, cha 4 tea @ chatswood, free parking after 10 in da city, sir3n parties, coffee @ double bay

Well i m nt a Singaporean.. but just trying to understand that does statying away from a country 7-9 yrs really make things look so changed? considering that transport in Singapore is rated amongst the best and most convinient in world n not mention its so cheap compared to Europe or other parts of world..