Singapore Expats Forum

Charlton Heston R.I.P.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Charlton Heston R.I.P.

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 1:47 pm

He was noted for portraying famous figures in history and has now become a part of history. So long Ben Hur!

R.I.P. Charlton Heston

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 2:07 pm

Good Riddance! :D

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 3:17 pm

I liked his films but his NRA work didnt go down well, being that one was fiction and one was reality.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 7:27 pm

With over 2 dozen rifles, shotguns and pistols lock up in my Armory on the farm, I wouldn't touch that for nothing. I'll only say this: You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead fingers. When we outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns. Anyway, guns don't kill people. People kills people. With Guns, Knives, Bow & Arrows, chainsaws, pitchforks and Tae kwon do and even pencils.

I do respect him for his film works. That is what he should be remembered for.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 10:08 pm

R.I.P Charlton Heston.

One of the greats...liked his films..classics!

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 9:43 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:With over 2 dozen rifles, shotguns and pistols lock up in my Armory on the farm, I wouldn't touch that for nothing. I'll only say this: You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead fingers. When we outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns. Anyway, guns don't kill people. People kills people. With Guns, Knives, Bow & Arrows, chainsaws, pitchforks and Tae kwon do and even pencils.

I do respect him for his film works. That is what he should be remembered for.

Why because some studio made him wear a toga because he had great legs? He should be remembered for his character, not the characters he played.

I don't care if the man owned guns, he was an insensitive prick and the world is better off without him.

idterps

Postby idterps » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 2:50 am

As a young US Marine serving in Beirut in the '80's, I had the opportunity to meet Charlton Heston when he came over on a USO tour. He stopped by our position at BIA and talked to myself and another Marine for 10-15 minutes. Upon leaving he asked if there was anything he could do for us, and I replied that it would be great if he would call my parents when he got back to the states and let them know that I was OK (think before e-mail and cell phones). A couple of days later he did exactly that, though my parents didn't believe that it was really him. It was only one person personal experience with him, but he was anything but an insensitive prick.

RIP...you lifted the spirits of a lot of Marines by volunteering your time and services.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 8:10 pm

The following link is incredibly rude, mean and disrespectful... and very funny: :cool:

http://www.theonion.com/content/from_pr ... _gun_taken
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Return to “General Discussions”