Singapore Expats Forum

Do you believe in feng shui ? I do now.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

spoon72

Do you believe in feng shui ? I do now.

Postby spoon72 » Sat, 05 Apr 2008 4:30 pm

Since 2004 , My business has been going downhill, so is my family life and my relationship with my wife. Everything i did just doesn't feels right, it's like I've been cursed or something.

It was about a year ago when i came across an old friend whom i understand was doing very well in business and in family life, he recommended a feng shui consultant which he has been seeing for some time.

I approached the whole Feng Shui thing with the same skepticism with which I greet horoscopes and sightings of UFOs, since i really had nothing to lose, i decided on a bold step and call up the teacher (Mr Yang) for a session.

All i can say is that the feng shui consultation surpassed my expectations and was very beneficial. I was pleased a physical change was implemented in my home. Mr Yang's energy is positive and sincere and I felt inspired by his advice and recommendations and intuitively knew that his direction was accurate. I'm feeling renewed in my home and also inspired about life.

The teacher also did a reading on me based on my birth date and time, and i was utterly shocked that he could correctly state out most of my past major events!

It has been more than 3 months since Mr Yang's visit and all i can say is that some amazing things have happened in business since the feng shui session and my personal is coming together nicely in that I feel happy within and confident in my fate. I am feeling calm and protected at home and my home feels like it is completing itself.

My businness is hitting a new high ,my wife and I are very much in harmony with each other and know that we are powerfully protected in our home. We are also expecting our first child !!!

All of this came about as a result of a leap of faith to get a feng shui consultation.

I am now a believer and a follower.

Do you guys have any similair stories to share??

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:11 pm

And you registered to post that alone? Sure glad you aren't advertising or soliciting in a round about manner. [-X

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:19 pm

I approached the whole Feng Shui thing with the same skepticism with which I greet horoscopes and sightings of UFOs, since i really had nothing to lose,
ONLY MONEY :lol: My sister in law is another one that believes...I keep telling her believe me, I can also take your money, and give you the same advice, what would you like to hear!

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:20 pm

:delete:

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:21 pm

ksl wrote:
I approached the whole Feng Shui thing with the same skepticism with which I greet horoscopes and sightings of UFOs, since i really had nothing to lose,
ONLY MONEY :lol: My sister in law is another one that believes...I keep telling her believe me, I can also take your money, and give you the same advice, what would you like to hear!

Behave yourself ksl...................... :lol: :lol:

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 9:10 am

http://insideindonesia.org/content/view/158/29/

Apparently polygamy can also make you successful. :lol:

NativeTexan

Postby NativeTexan » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 5:27 pm

I know a story on the subject -- Feng Shui was covered in an episode of Penn & Teller's series "Bulls**t" on Showtime -- and it's an absolutely hilarious episode! :D

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Postby road.not.taken » Mon, 07 Apr 2008 5:34 pm

Is it me or do an extraordinarily high number of posters use Texas in some form in their nicknames?

remersonh

Postby remersonh » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 3:49 pm

Ok, off topic, but related to the previous post. There IS a hierarchy in the USA of how much you can love your native state. Texans top the list. No one loves their native state more than Texans, and it's a life-long love affair.

In close second, (surprisingly) is a tie between Virginia and Oregon. After that, it's debateable. You could make a case for a lot of places. But seriously, if you are from Texas, Virginia, or Oregon, you want everyone to know about it.

Shimure

Postby Shimure » Thu, 10 Apr 2008 4:14 pm

I think feng shui will help a person's luck to certain extent only.

The rest is up to the person
"When people consult me, it's not that I'm reading the future; I am guessing at the future. Based on the omens of the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it, what comes later will also be better."

NativeTexan

Postby NativeTexan » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 1:59 pm

remersonh wrote:Ok, off topic, but related to the previous post. There IS a hierarchy in the USA of how much you can love your native state. Texans top the list. No one loves their native state more than Texans, and it's a life-long love affair.

In close second, (surprisingly) is a tie between Virginia and Oregon. After that, it's debateable. You could make a case for a lot of places. But seriously, if you are from Texas, Virginia, or Oregon, you want everyone to know about it.
People in other countries, for whatever reason, tend to identify more strongly with "Texans" than with "Americans". It might be the cowboy mystique or some remaining nostalgia for the old show "Dallas". Whatever it is, I prefer taking advantage of it to slapping a Canadian flag on my luggage, because, quite frankly, when I travel abroad I'm rather ashamed to admit I'm an American. Following it up immediately with Texan seems to reduce the natural enmity people feel, So I do it.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 3:38 pm

You shouldn't be ashamed to be an "American". I'm not, even after 25 years overseas.

But! Now if you had said you were ashamed to be an American "Politician" that would have been a whole different kettle of fish! :wink:

Superglide
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Superglide » Sun, 13 Apr 2008 1:37 am

I remember feng shui made me have to install a fountain / waterfall thingy on the balcony, a few years ago.

All it did was making me go to the loo every 5 minutes, when the sliding door to the balcony was open.
If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes.
Pablo Picasso

kwokhua

Postby kwokhua » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 5:33 am

Feng Shui is not superstition but rather Science per se.

I believe strongly in it as well but I have yet to get one that is highly recommended. And I certainly do not wish to spend thousands of dollars to refurnish my house if I get that master down to my residence.

And, frankly, I have visited a number, and all 3 of them have told me different stories and all 3 of them claimed to be highly accurate. This is weird. :-)

Anyway, you can choose to believe in it. However, choose only the very best -- this is something that I have yet to discover. :-)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 9:40 am

Oh yeah, real science that. When we opened our new office location my boss did the Real Thing and brought in a master! On our grand opening we were flooded with 4 inches of water (and we are on the 4th floor of a brand new building!) Course you could say baptism by water is good fortune but it comes to dawn that with Feng Shui masters you only get what you pay for. Seem this "Master" has, like most of them, different package charges so you only get what you pay for. D'oh! Science-Shmience - it's a rip off just like the gypsies in Eastern Europe, that plays on the psychic and not reality.