Singapore Expats Forum

Salaries in the Hotel Industry

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Jon

Salaries in the Hotel Industry

Postby Jon » Mon, 13 Sep 2004 5:47 pm

Hi all,

I have been offered a job working in Singapore with my company and would really like to come. However, my girlfriend would be coming too, and I worry about what her chances of getting a job, and if so what salary she would earn (after all I have to look after her too !!)

Is anyone familiar with the Hotel industry :?: In particular, she is a native Japanese speaker who has 3 years experience in Front Office as a receptionist. She has a Bachelor of Economics, but decided to work in hospitality and then did a Diploma of Hospitality Management.

Anyone able to help out with expected salary numbers? Really need to tell my company if I am coming, but stressed about the whole money side of things.

Thanks for reading :D
Jon

topcom

She will get a job

Postby topcom » Fri, 08 Oct 2004 3:26 pm

After you come in. Let her go for some interviews at any 5 star hotels and they will need Japanese speaking staff. The minimum wage will be at least S2k for her and they will give her a employment pass.
try the Four Seasons!
Good Luck

YS

Postby YS » Mon, 11 Oct 2004 4:53 pm

Hi

My gf is trying to get a job in SG in the hotel industry. She is belgian and speaks french and fluent english. Graduated with a dip in Hotel Management but has been managing her own restaurant for 3 years so she doesnt have any experience in hotel management. Any tips or advise on how she should go about finding a job in Hotel Management in SG would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Jo

Re: Salaries in the Hotel Industry

Postby Guest » Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:10 pm

Hi,

Minimum earned monthly ard S$4K. 4 star properties are already paying this price for a Jap Sales

Jon wrote:Hi all,

I have been offered a job working in Singapore with my company and would really like to come. However, my girlfriend would be coming too, and I worry about what her chances of getting a job, and if so what salary she would earn (after all I have to look after her too !!)

Is anyone familiar with the Hotel industry :?: In particular, she is a native Japanese speaker who has 3 years experience in Front Office as a receptionist. She has a Bachelor of Economics, but decided to work in hospitality and then did a Diploma of Hospitality Management.

Anyone able to help out with expected salary numbers? Really need to tell my company if I am coming, but stressed about the whole money side of things.

Thanks for reading :D
Jon

puppi

Postby puppi » Sun, 14 Nov 2004 6:54 pm

about 3k

les sudest

Be carefull.

Postby les sudest » Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:14 pm

Please be carefull regarding the hotel industry in Singapore. It does not pay much and the working hours are really long. I am a singaporean who has had a lot of experience in other countries and I speak English, French, understand chinese and 2 other maternal languages. Even with all this I only earn $1500 in a well known 5 star hotel in Singapore at the front desk. Your friend would be better in other lines then in hotel line in singapore. Think Carefully.

adejoy

Part-time Sales - Hotel

Postby adejoy » Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:16 pm

Hi,

If you or your friends are interested to do part-time sales in the hotel chain, please ask them to contact me (Adeline) at 94577717.

I will be conducting interviews to staff a special marketing program representing a 5-star hotel chain in Singapore. Professional attitude and appearance is required for this position.

Training will be provided. Interviews will be conducted from 30 Nov to 31 Nov 2004.

Kindly note that we are looking for ladies between the age of 18 to 30 years old.

Cormoran

Chef Position

Postby Cormoran » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 6:24 pm

would it be easy to find a position for a french chef in singapore?