Singapore Expats

Service Staff In Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Verity

Service Staff In Singapore

Post by Verity » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 3:43 pm

Can anyone help me get good staff in Singapore?!

I need full and part time asap, just can't seem to find decent staff :(

madura
Chatter
Chatter

Post by madura » Fri, 04 Apr 2008 8:20 pm

You didn't say what sort of staff you need :)

InQiMe

Good Staff

Post by InQiMe » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 8:09 am

Hi Verity,

Hire me....and I guarantee I can be the best damn employee you will ever have or need. I am a US citizen who has vast experience, but lacks a degree. I will move and work for whatever you would pay a Singaporean Citzen, just get me a worker permit to do so. I need to move to Singapore to be with my soulmate so my agenda is most definitely different than most.

What do you think?

durain
Director
Director

Re: Good Staff

Post by durain » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 8:25 am

InQiMe wrote:Hi Verity,

Hire me....and I guarantee I can be the best damn employee you will ever have or need. I am a US citizen who has vast experience, but lacks a degree. I will move and work for whatever you would pay a Singaporean Citzen, just get me a worker permit to do so. I need to move to Singapore to be with my soulmate so my agenda is most definitely different than most.

What do you think?
dont you want to find out what work it is first??? what if it's selling durian? :P

InQiMe

Certainly

Post by InQiMe » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 8:48 am

HHHHahahhaha,

Yes you are RIGHT, I did sound a bit desperate. I actually tried Durian for the first time in February in Bali........loved it much to the surprise of my partner and our driver. Anyway, I am a career Exec. Admin Assist. which basically is an EXPERT at everything without any of the glorification of a luxurious job title. I also operatied an Independent Record Company in Los Angeles, California for 9 years, basically selling music artists and everything else that goes along with it. I am smart, I am adaptable and I can learn and improve any company that I work for. I can guarantee it. I just want to get to Singapore and I'm finding people value idiots with a degree rather than a person who really knows via experience what she's doing. Thought I would take a chance here.

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jeppo » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 2:15 pm

InQiMe wrote:I need to move to Singapore to be with my soulmate so my agenda is most definitely different than most.

What do you think?
If you're moving to be with your partner, I think the easiest way is to get married and have them sponsor you for PR (assuming they are SC or SPR).

QRM
Manager
Manager

Re: Certainly

Post by QRM » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 3:53 pm

Does sound desperate make people wonder why
Last edited by QRM on Mon, 14 Apr 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 3:53 pm

InQiMe wrote:HHHHahahhaha,

I am smart, I am adaptable and I can learn and improve any company that I work for. I can guarantee it.
and dont forget to mention you are modest too :lol:

madura
Chatter
Chatter

Post by madura » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 7:25 pm

QRM wrote:
InQiMe wrote:HHHHahahhaha,

I am smart, I am adaptable and I can learn and improve any company that I work for. I can guarantee it.
and dont forget to mention you are modest too :lol:
Trust me, I've seen worse :D

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:14 pm

Jeppo wrote:
InQiMe wrote:I need to move to Singapore to be with my soulmate so my agenda is most definitely different than most.

What do you think?
If you're moving to be with your partner, I think the easiest way is to get married and have them sponsor you for PR (assuming they are SC or SPR).
Could be Gay, and that wont go down well in Singapore marriage department.

Plus if i was a potential employer I would want my employee to want to work for my firm, as oppose to using my job to get to closer to a soul mate.

It means your focus will be on soul mate not work.

pkee

Post by pkee » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 6:47 am

Hi InQiMe,

Are you absolutely sure that your "soulmate" is the right one for you?
If he is, then why not just get married & then become a PR?

That is DEFINATELY the easiest way to get here.

If not, you can try getting here on a study pass. (or whatever they call it...)

Honestly speaking, getting here via the "employment" route is going to be tough since you do not have a degree....
It'll help if you can speak chinese since 70% of the population in singapore are chinese. You'll be able to communicate better with your co-workers...
I'll also suggest that you don't tell potential employers about your soulmate since most employers here are heartless bastards that want you to devote all your time and energy to the company.

Anyway, good luck! :)

chixchix
Editor
Editor

Post by chixchix » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:46 am

yeah tht really sucks,, hey but I also speak Mandarin at least 50 % of it ..however ,I am still unemployed for the past 4 months and I am getting bonkers staying at home!!!!! :( its so hard to get a job!!!! despite having the experience.

NC30
Regular
Regular

Post by NC30 » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:16 am

hey come over here as a tourist and stay with your soulmate, you can stay 30 days, than find a job, if you need more to stay, just go over to Johor.... come back in = another 30 days....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 12:30 am

That only works about 2 times and the immigration will tell you on the 3rd time out that you won't be allowed back in for a while. I know. We used to do in all the time back in the '80's. The government finally wised up and kinda sorted out the loophole.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

InQiMe

Post by InQiMe » Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:01 pm

Yes....all of you have a point. I am just trying to find a company that will let me work for a living. I'm not a little girl that is so infatutaed with my partner that I can't focus on work. Kind of a strange comment that a person can't want to be with their partner AND work hard. Seems a person in my position would work harder in order to be able to stay. But thank you all for your advice. I will make it happen.

Take care,