Singapore Expats

A question of cats

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Kryptos

A question of cats

Post by Kryptos » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 7:07 pm

I have a question in terms of the little furry ones.

How many cats are one allowed to keep in the condos/apartments?

Thanks.
:D

micknlea
Reporter
Reporter

Post by micknlea » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 9:39 pm

From what I know, and I am no expert, (please someone else jump in if you have the facts!) the following applies to cats.

Condos it depends on where you are staying, they each seem to have their own rules. Some don't allow them at all.

Houses it depends on the landlord.

HDB flats, for some reason not allowed at all, whereas you can have a dog (but they do regulate the type I think you can find a list on this website somewhere) which just seems insane as cats are far more suited to being indoors full time than dogs are.
"My husband said it was him or the cat...I miss him sometimes." - Unknown

Kryptos

Post by Kryptos » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 1:10 pm

micknlea wrote:From what I know, and I am no expert, (please someone else jump in if you have the facts!) the following applies to cats.

Condos it depends on where you are staying, they each seem to have their own rules. Some don't allow them at all.

HDB flats, for some reason not allowed at all, whereas you can have a dog (but they do regulate the type I think you can find a list on this website somewhere) which just seems insane as cats are far more suited to being indoors full time than dogs are.
Thank you very much for the info. It is already more than I knew about it :D

We have two cats and they are more on the level of children than mere pets. Currently looking to move to Singapore and the cats will have to be carted with no matter where we go.

So would it be safe to assume that we would be able to find condo accomodation where the two little ones would be welcome?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 8:25 pm

Kryptos wrote:
micknlea wrote:From what I know, and I am no expert, (please someone else jump in if you have the facts!) the following applies to cats.

Thank you very much for the info. It is already more than I knew about it :D

We have two cats and they are more on the level of children than mere pets. Currently looking to move to Singapore and the cats will have to be carted with no matter where we go.

So would it be safe to assume that we would be able to find condo accomodation where the two little ones would be welcome?
Personally mums the word! I'm not admiting to breaking any laws, they can arrest the cats if they want, I can't keep them away, and they don't bother me...I just leave a window open. and to be honest you need them, mine already caught 2 rats in the vicinity.