Singapore Expats Forum

Language Practice: English / Chinese for French / Spanish

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Morpheus

Language Practice: English / Chinese for French / Spanish

Postby Morpheus » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:56 am

Hi, looking for native speaker from France / Spain to practice basic French / Spanish. In return, I can teach English (American) and Chinese (Mandrin)..pm me if you are interested (like to do this at least once a week, Orchard/central area, wkday nights or weeknd daytime)..Cheers.

Bia

I am a native french speaker!

Postby Bia » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:57 pm

I think I can help! I am a native french speaker but I am not a citizen of France! Let me know if interested!
Scipio

Morpheus

Postby Morpheus » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 1:02 pm

Well you are at least legal in Singapore even if you been deported from France. Did you grew up there- the accent varies between the old cty and its many extension outside.

hamamatsu1999

Postby hamamatsu1999 » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:40 pm

I would like to join in too. I am preparing for a french exam middle of this year.

Bia

Postby Bia » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:28 pm

I think I am legal here, but please don't say it out loud I may get into trouble. Yes for sure, the accent varies a lot ie the accents of Malboro and red wine abusers, homeless (clochards), patois speakers accent, sans oublier les banlieusards! Hey but I can even simulate the French Canadian accent, but I am not Canadian either (you should watch Homer Simpson speaking French Canadian if you know where I am going). I've spent about 10 years in France 12 in the US. By the way, I've been kick out of both countries, hope Singapore will be more forgiving!!!
PS: For security reasons, If you're employed by ICA, forget about it!!!
Scipio

Chrislehfr

I think I can help!

Postby Chrislehfr » Sat, 12 Apr 2008 8:00 pm

I think I can help! I am a native french speaker and of top of that I am a citizen of France! Let me know if interested!

:lol:

beauty_lay

want to learn english from native

Postby beauty_lay » Sun, 20 Apr 2008 7:58 pm

Hi i would like to learn english from native speaker.. I prefer lady.. n we can hang out too.. coz i m looking for friends as well..

Bia

Postby Bia » Mon, 21 Apr 2008 8:11 pm

Hello Derba, got your message! But can't pm you as my post count is low!

As far as giving french lessons are concern, you can't blame me, I did my best to avoid the pile of manure, but a rooster already found it and is now singing is lung out on top of it!!!
Scipio