Singapore Expats Forum

A place that is Private for conversations

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sydliu

A place that is Private for conversations

Postby sydliu » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:14 am

hi guys,
I am a part-time language tutor, one of my student and I are trying to find a corner that is suitable for some speaking practices.
She suggested the Bishan Library but I would think it's not appropriate as we may talk loud during the teaching.

Any body have good suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

:roll:

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cinder » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 1:03 pm

I saw some folks practicing their lousy karaoke at Botanic Garden, Bukit Timah, and Mac Ritchie reservoir before (lucky no wild beast to shut them up).

If you are not shouting out loud, I think any pubs such as Penny Black, Molly Malone's or Muddy Murphy's should be able to accomodate you before their peak hour (afternoon time).

cipram1

Postby cipram1 » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 1:17 am

Bedok Reservoir is deserted in the weekdays. Use the entrance at Blk742. There is toilet, food, drinks, tables, chairs but nobody.

PetiteMiam

Singapore Mgmt Uni

Postby PetiteMiam » Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:03 am

Hi there,
Why dont you try the SMU campus in between the Singapore Art museum and the National Museum.

They have table and chairs and some areas are quiet since the students study there as well and its open to the public.

Hope this helps!
:)

letsbeauty

Postby letsbeauty » Sat, 26 Apr 2008 1:55 pm

rent a private apartment:)