Singapore Expats Forum

Which country would you like to migrate?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Where would you like to migrate?

Poll ended at Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:18 pm

Latin America
No votes
US
9%
UK
9%
China
4%
Japan
9%
Southeast Asia countries
22%
Within Europe eg. España (excluding UK)
22%
Middle East
No votes
Others
26%

Total votes: 23

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 7:20 pm

ozzmum, are you related to ozchick? I only ask because both of you seem to have trouble with the quote function here. I have corrected your post so that it appears correctly. Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Hi ozchick! :wave:

kwokhua

Postby kwokhua » Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:54 pm

To me, Singapore is always the best. But once a while, you need to get out of this place to destress. For example, I am planning to move to Shanghai for 2 years just to have a new experience. However, no matter what, I will be back in Singapore. :=)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:39 pm

kwokhua wrote:To me, Singapore is always the best. But once a while, you need to get out of this place to destress. For example, I am planning to move to Shanghai for 2 years just to have a new experience. However, no matter what, I will be back in Singapore. :=)

Anyplace that's so good that you have to leave it in order to destress, doesn't sound like the kind of place I would want to retire to.

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby maneo » Tue, 22 Apr 2008 4:54 am

kwokhua wrote:To me, Singapore is always the best. But once a while, you need to get out of this place to destress. For example, I am planning to move to Shanghai for 2 years just to have a new experience. However, no matter what, I will be back in Singapore. :=)

Let me get this straight.
You're planning to go to Shanghai from SG to "destress"???

Boy, are you in for a surprise.
People come from Shanghai to SG to relax.

Just returned to SG a few months ago from a few years in SH.
Never felt so calm in all my life.

If it's "a new experience" you want, that's definitely what you're going to get in Shanghai.
How's your Mandarin?

hk203
Regular
Regular

Re: Which country would you like to migrate?

Postby hk203 » Wed, 28 May 2008 11:35 am

youdunsay wrote:Just curious! Which country would you hope to, want to or whatever reasons feel like migrating there? State your reasons!

As for me, I think I prefer US and Spain hee... Reason being I want to learn Spanish.

I would love to live in London...work on weekdays and go to wetherspoon on Friday evening, watch football match at stamford bridge on Sat and head to Windsor Castle pub after that. Then book a Mega bus down to Brighton to have a sun tan...miss that place. It's hard for Asian like me to live there. sighhh....

But firstly, Gordon Brown must tackle the youth knife culture...it's gettin worst...
Last edited by hk203 on Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smarten

Postby Smarten » Wed, 28 May 2008 3:52 pm

Well, if I am going to live in another country than Singapore (apart from Denmark, which is my home country) I would definately LOVE to live in Australia.

I think, the people there are very friendly and good fun. And I love the diverse nature in the different parts of the country.

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Fri, 30 May 2008 2:51 pm

As for me, I would love to live and work in Europe. Anywhere in Europe. :)