Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic and cosmetic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter
Location: Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

Plastic and cosmetic surgery in Taiwan

Postby feline.eyes » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:03 pm

:-|
Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't count on me little post-its. I am now the infrequent-er.

4Kix

Postby 4Kix » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:00 am

Hi,
This is my first time writing although I've been reading this site for a long time. I too have an appointment for surgery with Dr Hsu end of April08.
I shall be in KHH (Kaoshiung) till 08May.
I cannot read or write chinese thus making an internet reservation online was impossible. Dr Hsu provided terrific tips on hotels and places.
There was a thread somewhere where people who've been to KHH have described the place and such - dunno where now - been looking for it since.
I'm trying to book the Golf hotel for just before the day before surgery - it is only 5 mins by cab from the hotel. He's suggested I stay in the city after the surgery so it wouldn't be so quiet. I'll be staying a couple of days at the hospital.

To get a perspective of KHH: http://www.golfhotel.com.tw/index-c/index.htm - click on the 6th button on the left. Golf is on the lower left corner (right of the freeway northeast of the airport) - the hospital is shown beside Shamsin Rd (medical symbol). For a very detailed map - http://realtravel.com/dm-16325-kaohsiung_maps. Just zoom in.

The chinese characs may as well be hieroglyphics to me - hope you're better figuring them out.

tanjhj
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Plastic and cosmetic surgery in Taiwan

Postby tanjhj » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 8:31 pm

feline.eyes wrote:I have decided to go for my rhinoplasty with Dr Hsu Ying Che (Kaohsiung) and am booked in for early May. I have a flat bridge and undefined tip. I will seek to correct those issues with an autologuous surgery, implant derived from my ribcage.

I need your help in navigating Kaohsiung because I can't find enough information about the place in English. Any previous Dr Hsu patients or people who are familiar with Kaohsiung please post any information you have regarding the place. Informations on lodgings, food, travel, etc will be greatly appreciated. At the moment I am not sure on how to get to his hospital from Taipei. In fact I heard the hospital isn't really in Kaohsiung.

Any other posts about plastic and cosmetic surgery in Taiwan is welcome too. Hopefully we can all learn more from the accumulated experiences detailed here :)

You can request for Donor's rib bone. like that u dun need to cut ur own rib.
Golden Rules of PS:
1)If it aint broken, dun fix it / dun fix what u dun need
2)Perfect individual features usually dun yield perfect face
3)Work on your confidence 1st

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Postby feline.eyes » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 9:36 pm

Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

c0ns

Postby c0ns » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 3:33 pm

hi there.
can i knw the rates for the nose job?

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Postby feline.eyes » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 8:15 pm

Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Postby feline.eyes » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 9:05 pm

chicktong

Lipo, filler injections

Postby chicktong » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:01 am

Hi all,
I have just started my investigation into LIPO and face fillers, maybe even a face lift. I am nearing forty and would like to slow the hole thing down. I have zero experience or knowledge in this field. I would like to convers with anyone who has had any of these procedures or knows where I can start. I am open to all suggestions re location.

thanks CC
I look forward to hearing from you
Christine

appletree
Chatter
Chatter

Postby appletree » Mon, 21 Apr 2008 6:23 am

Hi feline.eyes,

Thanks for posting up this thread :P
I need help to get around kaoshiung too as in where exactly is Dr hsu's clinic located in kaoshiung? Is it near kaoshiung city? Any night markets to shop like xi lin night market. I posted this question in the plastic surgery aborad thread.. but sadly nobody answers my question.. :-|

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Postby feline.eyes » Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:58 pm

Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

4Kix

KHH map

Postby 4Kix » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 4:59 pm

I posted Golf Hotel site previously - go to the map site there; it's the 6th button on the left.
The place is dissected by the Sun Yat Sen Freeway. Next to the compass is the Golf Hotel - nearest to the Kaohsiung Municipal Hsiao-Kang Hospital that Dr Hsu operates out of - this is to the right of Golf Hotel on the map. According to Dr Hsu, there is nothing near there except the airport.
I'll be going for my op on 30APR. He's advised me to stay the first night at Golf Hotel on 29APR (consult with him at 2100 that night, after his clinic work) and then operate on 30APR. He wants me to stay two nights at the hospital - I believe because I cannot speak chinese! Then he told me to stay at other hotels nearer the shopping centre and night markets - these are on the left side of the Freeway in the map. I'll be staying at SongSan Hotel for the rest of the week since I remember Hello 84 recommended this earlier in the main thread. He too was operated by Dr Hsu and posted his results in that thread. Hello 84 doesn't correspond so I've had to dig around very much by myself - very hard for someone who cannot read chinese. It's going to be fun getting myself around there but I'm told the taxis there are as good as in Singapore... just carry the addresses - which, btw, Dr Hsu (bless his heart) made copies for me in Chinese!

feline.eyes
Chatter
Chatter

Postby feline.eyes » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:49 pm

Last edited by feline.eyes on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cobbing

Rates for the nose surgery

Postby Cobbing » Fri, 09 May 2008 11:39 pm

Hi 4Kix

Read from blog, i am very interested and can i know how much for your surgery. just a rough amt. and you have stay at KHH hotel for how long and total also how much?

thanks

feline.eyes wrote:you can try emailing dr hsu to find out more about the cost. i think the costs for different cases might differ.

dr hsu's website is www.ychsu.com

and i just realised he just updated.

4Kix

Postby 4Kix » Sat, 10 May 2008 1:31 am

Hiya - I think feline is right, you should just check with the surgeon on the cost of a surgery that would fit you. I had grossly misaligned figures before I finally got to him and he gave me a quote based on the consultation over the emails. Do that lah - write to the man.

The hotels I stayed in: 1) Golf - TWD1,200 per night. Stayed one day; and 2) SongSan - TWD690 /night. Stayed for 6nights. The two nights at the hospital were billed together with Dr Hsu's fees - see why it can differ? You could be staying in a two pax room or 4 pax. You could have an aide to stay with you for 24 hours post the surgery ... all adds up.

BTW, I accidentally started a new thread that spun off from here - sorry Feline - it's called "Post Surgery".

Cobbing

Postby Cobbing » Sat, 10 May 2008 12:11 pm

Hi 4kix,

thanks for your info,i have email Dr Hsu, so wait for his reply. Thanks Ya :D

4Kix wrote:Hiya - I think feline is right, you should just check with the surgeon on the cost of a surgery that would fit you. I had grossly misaligned figures before I finally got to him and he gave me a quote based on the consultation over the emails. Do that lah - write to the man.

The hotels I stayed in: 1) Golf - TWD1,200 per night. Stayed one day; and 2) SongSan - TWD690 /night. Stayed for 6nights. The two nights at the hospital were billed together with Dr Hsu's fees - see why it can differ? You could be staying in a two pax room or 4 pax. You could have an aide to stay with you for 24 hours post the surgery ... all adds up.

BTW, I accidentally started a new thread that spun off from here - sorry Feline - it's called "Post Surgery".