Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
minawong

where to meet?

Postby minawong » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 4:29 pm

Uno_Spazio wrote:Yah, I am free to meet up and make new friends too, email me at gluhwein07@gmail.com

:wink:

minawong

any new gathering?

Postby minawong » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 4:30 pm

pnxjamie wrote:Would all of you like to meet up on Sunday? Maybe 2.30pm?

minawong

sorry, this Sun I can't make it. This Sat is Ok for me.

Postby minawong » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 4:32 pm

minawong wrote:
pnxjamie wrote:Would all of you like to meet up on Sunday? Maybe 2.30pm?

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

No long lunches :(

Postby jdroger1 » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:00 pm

I am free on Thursday for Happy Hour but not for lunch (being a teacher I get the whole 45 mins that the students get, not really time to go anywhere...) If you ladies might want to meet at 5 30ish that would be great for me but if not looks like I have to go another week before meeting up with any of you girls :roll:

Also if anyone is interested I am going out on Saturday night with some friends to Attica. We'll probably be having a drink or 2 before we leave at my apartment (in Woodlands) and if you are interested in joining in any part of that just PM me!!!!

maybe see you soon!
Jennifer

shes_creative

Thursday

Postby shes_creative » Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:53 pm

Sounds like people are up for meeting on Thursday, let me put 2 options out there. . .
If you all just want to meet for an afternoon coffee/tea we can meet at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in front of Wheelock at 2:00 (that way it's not too busy, it's an outside place)

or

If you want to meet for a late lunch &/or drink we could meet at The Coffee Connoisseur across the street in the Shaw building (2nd storey I believe) At 2:00

Jelebi

Postby Jelebi » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 1:41 pm

Hey creative,

I like both your ideas and would be up for whichever option draws more people.

I'm just thinking is the Coffee Bean at Wheelock not too noisy due to the huge construction site opposite at ION? How about the other Coffee Bean at Forum Mall, closer to Tanglin?

So who all can make it for a late lunch/coffee session at 2pm at any one of the locations (Coffee Bean or Coffee Connoisseur)?

Judging from your messages, the tentative list would be:

shes_creative
jelebi
jandolphin
wendee
star221

At least at Coffee Bean we don't have to make reservations
:)

Star221

directions?

Postby Star221 » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 2:55 pm

Whatever is decided - please be sure to post the exact location. I am still very new to the area and need some additional direction :wink: Thanks!!

Wendee

Postby Wendee » Tue, 15 Apr 2008 9:36 pm

Hi girls. Just want to confirm that 2pm Thursday is fine for me, but I'd also need clear directions and what the closest MRT is!

Jelebi

Directions

Postby Jelebi » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 11:02 am

The closest MRT station is Orchard Road, for either of these locations.

So fine, let's keep it at Coffee Bean at Wheelock Place on Orchard Road -that's a little mall with a big glass cone construction on the front, can't really miss it. There is also a Borders bookshop in the ground level. The Coffee Bean is right next to it. Maybe 1 minute walking from the MRT station.

Only one problem left.. how are we going to recognise each other? :)

shes_creative

Postby shes_creative » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 2:33 pm

ok Ladies.
Tomorrow, Coffee Bean, Wheelock, 2pm.
I will try & be one of the first & get a couple empty tables & push them next to each other.
As for my description, I am tall, short dark hair, very fair. I would tell you what i am wearing, but I never know that. :P
Looks like about 6 of us will be meeting tomorrow.

Also for those that want to go out later, Check the Girls Only Part ll thread, i believe they are meeting tomorrow night, could be fun! i am thinking about joining that as well

Jandolphin

So sorry

Postby Jandolphin » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 4:24 pm

Hi all,

I am so sorry, I guess i did not make myself clear, my lunch time is only an hr. Its either 12 to 1pm or 1pm to 2pm. Hence I am not abe to join all of u thought i wish i cld :(

Hopefully the next time gathering is during the evening or weekend.

Enjoy yrself everyone .

Jelebi

Postby Jelebi » Wed, 16 Apr 2008 6:46 pm

cool, looking forward to meet you all tomorrow :D

ann1811

hi...

Postby ann1811 » Thu, 17 Apr 2008 5:41 pm

hi everyone!

I wanna have foreign friends here in singapore.. I am a filipina. ive been here for quite a while and im interested to join your group.. im available every weekdays.. pop me or email me at this MSN ID.. simply_anne02@hotmail.com

thanks..

anne

Gweenray

Postby Gweenray » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 6:41 am

shes_creative wrote:ok Ladies.
Tomorrow, Coffee Bean, Wheelock, 2pm.
I will try & be one of the first & get a couple empty tables & push them next to each other.
As for my description, I am tall, short dark hair, very fair. I would tell you what i am wearing, but I never know that. :P
Looks like about 6 of us will be meeting tomorrow.

Also for those that want to go out later, Check the Girls Only Part ll thread, i believe they are meeting tomorrow night, could be fun! i am thinking about joining that as well

HI Ladies,

I am a male in my mid 30's and I happen to have set eyes upon an extremely attractive lady in your group wearing a black halter type top with white shorts at the Coffee Bean outlet yesterday. I know this may sound strange but I would like to have an opportunity to meet and perhaps buy the lady a drink sometime?

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

Cheers,

GR.

shes_creative

Eew

Postby shes_creative » Fri, 18 Apr 2008 2:58 pm

This is extremely creepy.
Guys, our groups are not a way to check out women. The fact that you would use it as such is low.
This is a safe way for women to meet & make new friends. Respect the fact that this is what the group is for & don't ruin it.

As for this certain 30's guy, spying on us & then asking to buy one a drink over the internet is creepy.