Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:23 pm

According to the website, there are some places around the city where you can register in person, I am assuming this means you can use cash! If not, I am in the same boat as you all too!

azaleapath

Postby azaleapath » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 6:22 am

Do the girls who are interested wanna e-mail me maybe?refa47@hotmail.com

azaleapath

Postby azaleapath » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 6:34 am

And Kaisa's right. We can register in person. I was actually gonna offer to help with the online payment but there are a few places one can register in person. Stadium at Takashimaya, Ngee Ann City's one of them. And a few Royal Sporting House outlets scattered around the city.

GWHY

Postby GWHY » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:14 am

Hello,

Anyone insterested in going Dauna Toba on 25-27 Oct?

Cheers,
GW

St Georgie

Hi

Postby St Georgie » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 4:54 pm

Hi girls

You can count me in for the Breast Cancer walk too! How about "The Pink Ladies" for a name, very apt I think with it being the charity colour!

Im a little late returning from the Uk but will be around next week. I havent met any of you yet and would love to arrange a night out so we can all meet up. Ive met some lovely girls in my short time in Singapore so far, its always great meeting new people as lives seem to come and go very fast here. I'll be around for at least 2 years now so will probably be one of the only perm ones left standing!

I'll post something on my return and anyone who fancies meeting up can PM me.

See you soon!

Han
Hannah

azaleapath

Postby azaleapath » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 7:09 pm

Hi girls!
Kaisa has started a new thread so those of us who have questions and/or wanna discuss the Breast Cancer Walk can probably do it there?
I'm moving over there right now.

azaleapath

Postby azaleapath » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 8:08 pm

Ehh now I can't find it. Either I'm blind or they have deleted it?

Anyways I like the name Pink Ladies. Maybe we can come dressed in pink!

kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:01 pm

Its still there!
Here is the link to the thread:
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic52752.html

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Postby jdroger1 » Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:58 pm

kaisa,
I'm interested in the walk although the thread isn't there anymore!!! Let me know more info :wink:

shes_creative

Breast cancer walk

Postby shes_creative » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 9:13 pm

I am totally down to do the walk. I haven't checked the site yet, but I will.
& do you all know each other already that are walking? I've been missing a bit.
ok, off to check the site.
hope to meet you before the walk.

azaleapath

Postby azaleapath » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 9:58 pm

That's great that you girls are interested as well! Right now there are 5 of us who are gonna take part. We have an e-mail list and are getting to know each other there. I haven't met anyone here yet but a few of the others know each other. We are planning to meet sometime before the walk to get to know each other. You can e-mail either myself at refa47@hotmail.com or Kaisa at egypt4282@hotmail.com to be put on the list.
Have a nice weekend!

angelica000
Regular
Regular

Postby angelica000 » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:04 am

kaisa4282 wrote:Its still there!
Here is the link to the thread:
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic52752.html

Hi I click the links. The prompt states that the post no longer exist...

angelica000
Regular
Regular

Re: Looking for some Girlfriends

Postby angelica000 » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:18 am

shes_creative wrote:Hi, I am new to Singapore. I have been here for almost 2 months & need some girlfriends for exploring, shopping, maybe a gym buddy, & chatting.

Some things about me. . . I'm 29, female, from U.S., friendly, love photography, animals, just hanging out, I really love to create, I don't have any kids, & I don't mind if you do. Oh, & I like to workout, but don't have a gym yet.

want to meet for coffee or tea? leave me a message.
I've got lots of free time :)

Hi! I tried to PM you but the site wants me to post more messages. Anyway, I've been here in Singapore and stll interested in finding more female friends. May I know the next meet ups? I am interested to join. Thanks!

St Georgie

Postby St Georgie » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:24 am

Hi girls! :)

I think its high time we all had a little girl's get-together. I thought we could try out the Maxwell Food Centre in Chinatown, as according to the Singapore Timeout guide it promises "an affordable sensory overload"!! So this wont put too much pressure on the purse strings and will leave lots of change for a few cocktails. Once we've had dinner and a good old natter, we can take a stroll around the corner to Breeze, a rooftop bar at The Scarlet Hotel boasting panoramic views over Chinatown, where we can "sit amongst the tented seating areas set amonst the lush greenery". Im a sucka for a bit of grass! Its apparently a flamboyant and popular boutique bar, so defo worth a visit.

http://www.thescarlethotel.com/html/edc_breeze.htm

From then on im open to suggestions and will happily follow the croud if the night is still young!

How does Wednesday evening sound, starting at 7.30pm til late? Please send me a PM if you are interested and we'll go by popular demand.

Look forward to hearing from you ladies, and may I point out that this is for LADIES ONLY!!! :D

Thanks
Han
Hannah

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nixxy » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 1:20 am

I'd forgotten how soon it was but I'll be on an MRT pub crawl on Wednesday evening...from Boon Lay to the city...so watch out for a group of drunken students and I may be able to catch up with people later!