Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
faithwish

hi

Postby faithwish » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:56 am

hi,

I saw that bebe le chotchkey live around newton area.. I happen to live around that area.. I live in novena.. perhaps we can meet up... heheh... hear from u soon.

bebe le chotchkey

Postby bebe le chotchkey » Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:00 am

Faithwish, this is a forum for women wanting to meet up with other women...this isn't a dating website...you should be upfront and let it be known that you are a male.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

generisvague

Postby generisvague » Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:40 pm

Hey ladies, hows its going?

Me and my friend, we need more girlfriends too! :p

I was born here. Grew up in LA, Cali. College in London. Lived in Sydney, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, most recently Melbourne. Back in Singapore for abt a month or so now.

My friend was from New Zealand. Last 2 years in London, and now here as well!

We always have fun when we're out but dont really have many friends here so it be awesome to meet some to hang out, coff or partying, girls night out kinda thing!

Msg me if you girls are gonna be out at clarke quay tonight, we can all meet up for some drinking and dancing!!

Later then!~

Michelle & Rose

mac_ali

time to organize another get together?

Postby mac_ali » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 7:17 pm

...so it is probably time to organize another get together soon. How about this wednesday (Sep 3) for oldies and newbies?

Say 8:00pm? Any suggestions for venues?

azaleapath

Postby azaleapath » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:24 pm

Ohh may I join too please? I'm local but was living in Sweden the past four years. Just moved back 2 months ago and am still feeling a lil lost and all my old friends are busy with babies and husbands and all that. Can really do with some new ones.
And are there any Swedes here? I also need to practice my Swedish before I lose it altogether!

azaleapath

Postby azaleapath » Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:40 pm

And I just saw that a lot of you ladies are looking for workout buddies and all that. I'm interested too! I haven't signed up with any gyms though. I've actually been thinking about joining some kinda dragonboat or netball or even ladies football team. However I haven't played any sports in years and most probably suck at them. Anyone else who's interested? And does anyone want to take part in the breast cancer walk early October? Maybe a bunch of us can do that together?
And by the way I'm 27/F.

bebe le chotchkey

Postby bebe le chotchkey » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 1:53 am

Alot of those things sound good...pm me.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 8:12 am

azaleapath wrote: And does anyone want to take part in the breast cancer walk early October? Maybe a bunch of us can do that together?
And by the way I'm 27/F.

How long is the breast cancer walk? I might be interested in that, although I dont know if Im adapted enough to the weather to do it! I did a 20 mile walk in the US though, and its definately a good time to chat and bond with other people, and all for a good cause! :)

azaleapath

Postby azaleapath » Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:01 pm

I don't think I can PM yet. But here's my e-mail: refa47@hotmail.com

And Kaisa, on the website they say that the walk is around 3-5 km and it'll be in the evening 5 to 7 pm. You can read more about it here:

http://www.bcf.org.sg/activityCalender/ ... 0000000020

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:01 am

I would definitely be interested in the cancer walk as well!! Email is smurra85@yahoo.com Please tell me there will be a few less than uber fit people??!! xxx

kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:08 am

I checked out the website, looks like we have to register by 12 Sept, and its 35$ (but we get a goodie bag)! And if you want the T-shirt, I think thats extra too.
Any one else interested in joining up as a team? Perhaps, "Expat Ladies Walking for Breast Cancer?" (I am not known for my creativity unfortunately!)
And dont worry Sally, I am by no means in any kind of shape to walk 5k! Especially in this weather (rain...humidity...sunshine...i just cant win!)

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Postby smurra85 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:45 am

Well I am in - though not completely convinced by kaisa 'don't worry I am completely unfit but go to the gym on a daily basis' line hehe :o I am still having an ongoing arguement with bank over credit card so god knows how I will register but I shall figure it out xxx

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nixxy » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 4:07 pm

Remind me about this! I don't see any reason I shouldn't join in...but I know I will forget to register!

azaleapath

Postby azaleapath » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 7:59 pm

Okay so we're at least 4 people who are interested in this. Erm..we can't call ourselves that cause I'm no expat! I have no name suggestions yet though but I'll start cracking my brain.

And smurra, I might be able to help with the credit card payment if you really need help. You can give me the cash or transfer the money to my bank account. I'll most probably register right before the 12th though. I wonder what's in the goodie bag! Loads of fun stuff I hope!

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Postby Nixxy » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:21 pm

I hsave no credit card, and I don't know how cheques work in this country? I don't have a cheque book. I guess I should look into getting a credit card. Would anyone mind registering for me if I give them the money?