Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Wed, 23 Jul 2008 9:53 pm

jdroger1 wrote:Hey Girls,

I'm up for dinner next week, maybe Monday or Tuesday?? (sorry I am packed at work right now but would love to meet up with some of the new ladies... and finally get to meet you Kaisa!) Or weekends are really good for me too, if anyone is interested in dinner then.

Jennifer

btw chi_girl, I'm from Chi too :cool:

Tuesday is better for me at this point! Just found out there is a friendly soccer match b/w Singapore and BRAZIL on Monday, so we are going to try to get tickets! :)
Looking forward to meeting everyone (and you too Jennifer!)

GVW

Postby GVW » Fri, 01 Aug 2008 5:38 pm

Hi,

I'm a 24 year old girl from UK looking to meet new people. I can't PM yet but my email is gemmavicki@hotmail.com. Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up for coffee etc.

Gemma

kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:07 am

Hey Ladies,

So sorry to have missed the last attempted meet-ups/coffee. Any upcoming plans? Weekends are actually better for me than weeknights because I use my weeknights for the gym - gotta build the strength back up in my recently dislocated shoudler. (ugh)

Anyways, keep me posted if anything gets put together!

Zsuzsi

Looking for girlfriends

Postby Zsuzsi » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:13 am

Hello, I noticed this thread on the website and I felt it is very relevant to me. I am 31 year or female, moved here 1.5 month ago and still looking for friends to hang out her in Sing, or to travel to nearby destination.
Please let me know if you have a flexible group and if you do not mind one more person joining you on your next coffee event :) .
Zsuzsa

Mel_Taylor

Me to!

Postby Mel_Taylor » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 7:22 pm

Hi there,
I have been here a week and would love to meet some people and join you guys if you head out for a coffee or a drink.

Zsuzsi

Coffee, weekdays

Postby Zsuzsi » Mon, 18 Aug 2008 7:38 pm

Hi, same here let me know is some women get together to chat...
Zsuzsa

chi_grl

Coffee Session this Saturday Aug 23rd.

Postby chi_grl » Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:27 am

Hey girls,

Some of the girls in this forum are meeting for coffee this Saturday at 3.30pm. The venue is not decided yet. PM if you are interested. If you cannot PM, send me an email at jquek2@gmail.com

Whyisusernametaken

Postby Whyisusernametaken » Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:41 pm

hi there.. just wondering if local are welcome to join? =)

I'm 20yo, female, local chinese.. would love to meet and make more friends from everywhere. =)
Grace & Fly = Grace & Family, not Grace & her boyfriend, Fly.

bebe le chotchkey

NEED SOME FRIENDS!!!

Postby bebe le chotchkey » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:50 am

Hi, I just moved a few weeks ago and I need some friends...it's lonely here! ...anyway, please let me know if I can join for coffee or dinner...whatever! Thanks!
Last edited by bebe le chotchkey on Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

bebe le chotchkey

One more thing...

Postby bebe le chotchkey » Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:05 pm

Do any of you have kids? I have a 2...both boys. They are both in school during the day so that leaves me with "spare" time while they're gone. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has kids and if they are ever involved in outings?
Last edited by bebe le chotchkey on Tue, 26 Aug 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

St Georgie

So many new girls - great! Lets make some plans.....

Postby St Georgie » Thu, 21 Aug 2008 6:46 pm

Hi girlies

Im away in the UK on holiday at the moment but would love to meet you all when I get back to Singa.

There's so many new names on here now, its only been a few weeks since I left!! Im back in Singa Sing Song on 31st Aug so I'll arrange a night out on the tiles and hopefully people will be able to make it.

Ok, well over and out for now. Be seeing you soon gals!

Hannah X

P.S. Anyone know where I can get a job? PA/Sec/Admin or anything really. I want to work as doing nothing all day (with limited funds) isnt my idea of fun!

P.P.S. Id like to round up a group who want to work out together. I have zero motivation and a growing behind which needs decreasing.
Hannah

kaisa4282

Postby kaisa4282 » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 3:30 pm

For those interested in working out -

I know it costs extra $$ to join the gym, but I am a member at California Fitness at Raffles Place, and would love to have a female workout buddy. I usually do the classes (Spinning, Body Pump) etc, but love seeing familiar faces while Im there, or catching up afterwards in the sauna.

Any other members out there? Or anyone considering joining, let me know. Im a regular at the gym so I supposed I can be a good motivator! :)

Alice22

Postby Alice22 » Sun, 24 Aug 2008 5:56 pm

Same, I have a membership at Fitness first - slightly pricier than CA fitness but a lot less crowded. I work out pretty often but I always find myself falling behind in those body pump fitness classes. If anyone wants a workout buddy, it'd be fun to have someone to go with and try out the yoga or spinning classes - a bit slower paced! Send me a message if you would like a work out buddy.

Nixxy
Regular
Regular

Re: So many new girls - great! Lets make some plans.....

Postby Nixxy » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:32 am

St Georgie wrote:
P.P.S. Id like to round up a group who want to work out together. I have zero motivation and a growing behind which needs decreasing.

I'm with you on this one! I promised myself I'd start going to the gym, or swimming at least when I got to singapore. It's been a month now, there's a swimming pool across the road from me, and I've still done no exercise. I also find myself craving chocolate and junk food a LOT more here. Definitely need to start working it off.

bebe le chotchkey

Postby bebe le chotchkey » Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:49 am

Well I have yet to "workout"...unless lifting cheetos to my mouth counts as bicep curls...anyway, I have a large pool downstairs and a gym...I'm just lazy...I've been walking my a$$ off so that's about as close as it's going to get until I'm better settled and not in such a funk about being here...if anyone is near the Newton area and wants to swim or workout do let me know...I need a motivator