Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
wino
Regular
Regular

Postby wino » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:45 pm

Really sorry girls, it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. I'm thinking of doing a course in dyslexia and have just been invited to join the first session of a diploma with the dylexia association to see if it's for me. It's too good an opportunity to miss (it's a 28 week course). The session lasts until 9.30 and I'm not sure if I'm going to be staying for the whole thing so I may make it along later - I can call and check because I now have a mobile!! I'll post the number on facebook for all those who know me already.

By the way, I was going to bring my neighbour along so you never know, she may come along without me.

Sorry again (Two cancellations in 1 week - I'm not normally this unreliable!!)

Cecilia88

Postby Cecilia88 » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 1:19 pm

Hi, girls, it seems only five of us are coming. Is tonight still on?
Haha, Jenny, glad you've got a new mobile! Thanks for the directions :)

shes_creative

tonight

Postby shes_creative » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 1:38 pm

I would go even if only 2 where showing up. That coconut martini was so YUM, & only $6.

I'll be there. & might be a +1

PinkMiracle

Postby PinkMiracle » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 1:55 pm

Hey, I'd love to join you girls tonight! But I'm a bit shy to admit that even as a local, I havent the faintest idea where Dempsey is! (Hey, I've lived here 20 years and I occasionally still get lost in Orchard road!) :oops: I've read the descriptions by wino on this thread so I'm a bit clearer about it now. But if there's anyone that I could meet so we can go together to this place, please PM me? :)

EDIT: Looks like I cant make it today anyways! But i hope to join you girls sometime ;)
Last edited by PinkMiracle on Wed, 02 Jul 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cecilia88

Postby Cecilia88 » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks Sara! The coconut martini sounds pretty cool!! Gonna be there tonight! :)

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Postby jdroger1 » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 3:22 pm

Hi girls,

Just wanted to let you know that I definitely won't be able to make it tonight. I had to finish my student reports and am still up to my ears in grading!!! So, if any of you can make it this weekend, I'll be seeing you at the picnic.

Jennifer

nicki08

Postby nicki08 » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 4:53 pm

All, I might be running slightly late but have made a reservation under the name of "Nicki". See you tonight!

St Georgie

What do we have planned?

Postby St Georgie » Mon, 07 Jul 2008 8:55 pm

Hey girls

Im back on the social scene and have Andreas' money to burn! Let me know when the next outing is, not sure if there is something planned for this week, but let me know and i'll be there! Its been a while since I showed myself up on free vodka, I have an itch!!!

Ta ta for now.
Hannah

shes_creative

Thursday dinner

Postby shes_creative » Tue, 08 Jul 2008 7:49 pm

Hi all Oldies & Newbies!
I hope some of you remembered to keep this Thursday open for a girl's dinner night.
I have 2 places, so "pm" me which you would rather do, & most votes wins. :D

1) Imperial Treasure Nan Bei Kitchen, off of Orchard Rd & indoors. I have never been to this place, but it is reviewed by some as being better than Crystal Jade, so I am interested. http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/ ... i_kitchen/

2) Lau Pa Sat, it's on Boon Tat Street & outdoors. the closest MRT is Raffles Place, walk towards towards Robinson Road & there will be signs in the MRT station. For those who don't know it's a food center, with your choice of local food. I have been here before & really like it.

Both places v. casual. Whichever is picked I will post it, & we will be meeting at 7:00pm

Susu

Postby Susu » Tue, 08 Jul 2008 8:29 pm

Hi Girls,

I'd love to come but a couple of friends from the UK are visiting us till Friday, so I'll be busy with them.
I'm definitely up for meeting next week though. Can we please make it a Wednesday night again as I'm off on holiday (for 6 weeks!) next Thursday night and would really like to see everyone before I go.

Hope you are all well and have a good one on Thursday night,
Sundus

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Postby jdroger1 » Tue, 08 Jul 2008 10:54 pm

ah I'd really like to make it but I have salsa class until 7 45 on Thursday and as far as Wednesdays go, my Spanish class has just been moved to Wednesdays 7-9. So, I'm only free on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays through the week...

man it's getting tough to meet up with everyone!

Jennifer

Hildegard

Postby Hildegard » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 10:33 am

hey guys,

unfortunately i wont be able to make it either! we have both Steve's sisters and family staying with us till next week so we'll be busy with them. however, i may be up for something next week and i can bring my sis-in-laws with me.

Cecilia88

Postby Cecilia88 » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 2:09 pm

I'd love to come but unfortunately, I've just joined a dancing club at my university. We usually have class on Thursday. :( I actually thought the girl night out we planned was today...Hope to see you girls next week then.

nicki08

Postby nicki08 » Wed, 09 Jul 2008 2:58 pm

Uh oh, sadly I can't make it either, I have a work dinner I have to go to. Have fun - they both look like great choices, although the big question is which one sells martini's??!!

ugrooguy

Postby ugrooguy » Thu, 10 Jul 2008 3:02 am

Hi,

I am a newbie here, so do you have some get together tonight ? where ?

I am free on evenings and interested .......