Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Susu

Postby Susu » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:50 am

Had loads of fun at the BBQ. Thanks Hannah for the invite.
Definitely up for another get together at the Wine Company, so count me in.

See you all on Wednesday night!
:wink:

wino
Regular
Regular

Postby wino » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:51 am

I'll be there!

wombatt

Postby wombatt » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:33 pm

I'm looking forward to trying the coconut martini already! See you Wednesday,

Heather

shes_creative

Dinner night

Postby shes_creative » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 1:10 pm

Hi All Oldies & Newbies,
Just want to let you know to mark your calendars on 10 July, a Thursday, for a Dinner Night. A location has not been selected yet, I'll post it once it is decided.

:wink:

Cecilia88

Postby Cecilia88 » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 2:06 pm

:) I'm up for the wine company on Wednesday! Can't believe I miss it last week..Had lots of fun at the barbecue last Saturday. Thanks Hannah!!

mac_ali

wine company

Postby mac_ali » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 8:20 pm

I am in for wine co on wednesday. Alison

Hildegard

Postby Hildegard » Mon, 30 Jun 2008 9:08 pm

sorry guys, but i think i will have to pass this week. Steve gets back from Vietnam tomorrow and i dont think he'll appreciate me then going out the next night!

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Postby jdroger1 » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:55 am

Hey Girls,
I will try to make it but during the week is not so good for me right now. Holiday students are here and over flowing all my classes! I'll see what I can do, but if I can't make it I hope to maybe see some of you during the weekend!
Jennifer

Cecilia88

Postby Cecilia88 » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 4:48 pm

Hey, ladies, since last Wednesday Jennifer and I missed our stop on the bus, I may need some help for directions on how to get to the wine company :???: Haha, thanks. When should we get there?

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 4:51 pm

Hi, we are coming out late August to stay.
I am female.. :P
When do you guys get together and can I tag along. I am from the UK, but orginally from Cape Town.
Last edited by Zeenit on Tue, 01 Jul 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeenit

warmest

Friends

Postby warmest » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 5:18 pm

I am an Indian male, 36 years old and I am in Singapore for the past 10 months. I do not drink or smoke. I am interested in nature trails and other outings. I am on the lookout for some friends.
When sense of fear and attachment goes away then every moment is a matter of joy and beauty forever.

maimaya25

Postby maimaya25 » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 6:06 pm

Hi Girls,

Sorry but I can't make it this Wednesday (will be out celebrating a friend's birthday at Screening Room) or next Thursday (will be off to my best friend's wedding). Be sure to drink some extra coconut martinis for me, Wombatt & Wino!

Oh and to Warmest... I don't mean to be rude (especially since you're new here) but this is a ladies only thread. If you're interested in meeting new friends and/or activity partners, you may want to check out the other threads on this forum.
ambition is SO over-rated

maimaya25

Postby maimaya25 » Tue, 01 Jul 2008 6:12 pm

Zeenit wrote:Hi, we are coming out late August to stay.
I am female.. :P
When do you guys get together and can I tag along. I am from the UK, but orginally from Cape Town.

Hi Zeenit!

All females (hint hint to any of the guys reading) are welcome to tag-along! We're trying to be pretty good about scheduling something every other week, so that newbies such as yourself can join in and meet all the other girls. Of course there may be smaller get-togethers organised in between or whenever someone just feels like having a girls' night out. Just keep your eye out on this thread and join in!

Anyway, enjoy your remaining time home and hope to see you once you get to Singapore. :D
ambition is SO over-rated

nicki08

Postby nicki08 » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:13 am

Hi everyone, so far I see 6 people confirmed for tonight, 7.30pm at Woods by the Wine Company. The Wine Company is one of the first restaurants on the right as you get into the main part of Dempsey, just walk around to the garden area out the back.

Nicki08
Susu
Wino
Wombatt
Cecilia88
Mac_ali

All others welcome (sorry guys, this is a girls night only). We'll be easy to find . .. the outside area is not very big, just look for the table of expats with cocktails in front of them!

wino
Regular
Regular

Postby wino » Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:41 am

Cecilia, Dempsey Road is off Holland Road - about halfway between Holland Village and Tanglin Mall/Orchard - it's near the Botanic Gardens, on the other side of the road (coming from the direction of Orchard it's on the left). From the road you can just about see the 'Red Dot' bar, Samy's Indian restaurant and a seafood restaurant (think it may be called Long Island but not sure) behind the trees. To get to the wine bar you have to walk up the hill (go straight on instead of following the one-way system) it's on the right just before you get to an area called Dempsey Hill.

Hope you find it this time - if you're on the bus I'm sure the driver will tell you where to get off!