Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
kik234

Postby kik234 » Wed, 28 May 2008 6:52 pm

Hi everyone,
Am really pleased that there will be a few newbies there tonight.....
Am looking forward to meeting everyone.
See you tonight,
Kerryn.

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Postby queenie-me » Wed, 28 May 2008 10:27 pm

Any ladies, up for any ladies night tomorrow?
There's a few places that holds ladies night tomorrow..
Let me know who's interested

St Georgie

Postby St Georgie » Thu, 29 May 2008 7:23 pm

Yey so many girls on here!

Im new to Singapore, I arrived on Tuesday. I dont know anyone other than my boyfriend and would love to meet and make some new girlfriends. Im not working yet, start the job hunt next week. I have so much free time on my hands so please get in touch!

Im Hannah, 25 years old (as of Sunday), tall-ish with masses of curly hair.(sounds like im on-line dating!).... not sure if you need that information but im a generous gal.

Please do get in touch and adopt me onto the social scene! You can email hannahstgeorge83@yahoo.co.uk)

Han

XX
Hannah

maimaya25

hi hannah

Postby maimaya25 » Thu, 29 May 2008 11:53 pm

St Georgie wrote:Yey so many girls on here!

Im new to Singapore, I arrived on Tuesday. I dont know anyone other than my boyfriend and would love to meet and make some new girlfriends. Im not working yet, start the job hunt next week. I have so much free time on my hands so please get in touch!

Im Hannah, 25 years old (as of Sunday), tall-ish with masses of curly hair.(sounds like im on-line dating!).... not sure if you need that information but im a generous gal.

Please do get in touch and adopt me onto the social scene! You can email hannahstgeorge83@yahoo.co.uk)

Han

XX

Hi Han,

Welcome to Singapore! :P

If you're itching to go out, then you might want to check out the FDNC do tomorrow night and/or the SDNC one this Saturday at Cafe del Mar. I'm gonna try to swing by either of them or both, depending on workload.

As for meet-ups from this thread, just stay on the look-out... I'm sure we'll be fixing something again real soon.

Cheers,
Maya

PS - Belated happy birthday!

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Postby jdroger1 » Fri, 30 May 2008 3:14 pm

I don't know about you girls but I am hiding out for the rest of the week. I hope I was lots of entertainment on Wednesday, I paid for it on Thursday. Ugh. :o We'll get something together next week? Have a good weekend ladies! :wink:
Jennifer

wombatt

Postby wombatt » Fri, 30 May 2008 3:19 pm

jdroger1 wrote:I don't know about you girls but I am hiding out for the rest of the week. I hope I was lots of entertainment on Wednesday, I paid for it on Thursday. Ugh. :o We'll get something together next week? Have a good weekend ladies! :wink:
Jennifer

I seem to have signed myself up for both FNDC and SNDC this weekend, I must be a glutton for punishment. Hope you're feeling a bit better now, you can console yourself with the fact that you were v.entertaining.
Have a relaxing weekend!

Heather

Tove

Postby Tove » Fri, 30 May 2008 5:57 pm

Hi, I received a pm from jdroger1 that I couldn't reply to, not enough posts. About meeting and talk some swedish, still interested? I'm a swedish girl and came here about 2 months ago. Think the post might have been by your boyfriend but I would love to join you girls sometime too:)

You can reach me at tove.in.sing@hotmail.com

//Tove

wino
Regular
Regular

meeting up next week

Postby wino » Sat, 31 May 2008 5:29 pm

Since we were all at the FNDC, Heather, Heidi and I (and I think Maya too?!) have provisionally arranged to meet for our next girlie outing on thursday.

Wasn't sure whether to send out an email or facebook message or to post on here - too many options! Saw that a few newbies have posted on here so thought this would be the best place.

I'll leave it to someone more experienced to decide where and when. Of course problem with thursday is no free drinks but I think Heather couldn't do wed. Doesn't have to involve alcohol of course - could do coffee/food!

Jenny

at914

Re: meeting up next week

Postby at914 » Sat, 31 May 2008 5:46 pm

wino wrote:Since we were all at the FNDC, Heather, Heidi and I (and I think Maya too?!) have provisionally arranged to meet for our next girlie outing on thursday.

Wasn't sure whether to send out an email or facebook message or to post on here - too many options! Saw that a few newbies have posted on here so thought this would be the best place.

I'll leave it to someone more experienced to decide where and when. Of course problem with thursday is no free drinks but I think Heather couldn't do wed. Doesn't have to involve alcohol of course - could do coffee/food!

Jenny

I like coffee and food! Would love to join. :D

Angela

kik234

Postby kik234 » Sat, 31 May 2008 5:50 pm

Will definitely be there....
Hope you girls all had fun last night!
See you on thursday,
Kerryn.

wombatt

Postby wombatt » Sat, 31 May 2008 6:26 pm

I think there are some ladies nights on a Thursday too with free drinks - I'll do some research and see what I can come up with!

Unless anyone else already knows where they are? Jennifer?

Looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday.

Heather

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Postby jdroger1 » Sat, 31 May 2008 7:34 pm

hey ladies!

hope you had a great time last night! (and those of you that are drinking tonight :lol: ) I myself am watching movies and eating pizza with Rom :wink:

AS for Thursday night, of course I know where free drinks are! Thumper on Scotts Rd has free vodka drinks all night for ladies. You act like I am not the alcoholic of the group :wink:

Tove, it was my boyfriend that messaged you who is the Swedish speaker, so I will have him email you. But you are definitely welcome to join in with the girl gatherings! Come on Thursday!

Ok back to my movie night! Talk to you girls later!

Jennifer

maimaya25

2 cents worth from another lush

Postby maimaya25 » Sat, 31 May 2008 11:06 pm

Hi Girls,

Jenny, I am definitely good to go on Thursday... barring any unforeseeable mishaps at work. :???:

So anyway, here are a couple options (in addition to Thumper) from a self-proclaimed lush:

(1) Gotham Penthouse (though I think our night owls who stayed out till 4am ended up there last Wednesday) - Ladies' Night free entrance and free flow vodka from 9pm onward on Wednesday & Thursday

(2) Barfly - Ladies' Night with free flow rose champagne

(3) The Arena - Ladies' Night (Wednesday & Thursday) free flow vodka and lychee martinis from 9pm to 4am

And if you're willing to shell out a little...

(4) Alley Bar - 1-for-1 till 9pm then $8 on all house pours after 9pm

(5) Loof - If anyone is willing to use a Citibank credit card it's 1-for-1 till 10pm (?) and the band is pretty good but their set ends at 10. Good thing with their 1-for-1 promo is you can pre-order your drinks to last you until the very end of the night.

So there... I'll leave the decision making up to you girls. I'm easy so as long as there's drinks and good company, I'm sure to be there.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Maya

wino
Regular
Regular

Postby wino » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 2:13 pm

How silly of me to think there would only be one ladies' night! Scotts Road would be my preferred choice since I practically live there but very happy to go wherever ...

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Postby jdroger1 » Sun, 01 Jun 2008 3:36 pm

I'm fine with the other places Maya offered but just a note. The Arena and Gotham are typically last ditch places to go for alcohol. They draw a less than desirable crowd and think much more highly of themselves than they deserve :roll: so it's not really my vote to go to either of those 2.