Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
maimaya25

Postby maimaya25 » Thu, 22 May 2008 1:49 am

7:30 pm outside the orchard mrt. i'm there... and i won't be late this time! ;)

wino
Regular
Regular

Postby wino » Thu, 22 May 2008 8:41 am

Great, see you then

crin

Postby crin » Thu, 22 May 2008 9:07 pm

bummer! just checked my email (too wrapped up w/ work) and had to check twice the calendar only to find out that it's tonite..urgh!i'll be there next time.hope i'd still be included in the mailing list ..thanks though Jen.
Last edited by crin on Sat, 24 May 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
time to get out..

bakwa84

Postby bakwa84 » Fri, 23 May 2008 10:58 am

Hi gals,

I'm so sorry i missed the coffee yesterday, was busy with work till late. Totally forgot about it. Hope you all had a good time and having missed that I'm looking forward to the next one. This time, I'll saved in my limited CPU memory.

Ciao
Looking for expats, language and cultural exchange! I know some Korean, speaks fluent english and mandarin. Work in singapore, stays in malaysia.

kik234

Postby kik234 » Sat, 24 May 2008 8:37 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm very new to this forum and new to singapore too. Been here about a week now, and homesickness is just starting to kick in.
I'm 26 year old professional. Would love to be included in any upcoming meetings.
Thanks,
Kerryn.

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Ladies Night this wednesday

Postby jdroger1 » Sun, 25 May 2008 5:46 pm

Hey girls,

Those of us who met up last week thought it would be nice to have a girls night out so here is the plan. This upcoming Wed (May 28th) we are going to meet at 10pm at One Night Stand in Clarke Quay. There is free champagne for ladies and a live band so it's a cool place to hang out for some drinks.

If you haven't joined up with the group yet but still want to, you are more than welcome! We were all newbies to this at some point.

If you have any questions just sent me a PM.

Cheers,

Jennifer

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Re: to "Dorine"

Postby jdroger1 » Sun, 25 May 2008 11:20 pm

Hey all,

I just want to give a heads up not to call this person who just posted, Dolphin0655. If you check out their posts you see they go by Dorine and Doris, guess they can be a guy or girl depending on the forum and seems to be a scammer selling something. Don't advise calling them ladies...

Blah, I hate spammers... would delete it if I could.

See you ladies on Wednesday!

Jennifer

wombatt

Re: Ladies Night this wednesday

Postby wombatt » Mon, 26 May 2008 3:43 pm

jdroger1 wrote:Hey girls,

Those of us who met up last week thought it would be nice to have a girls night out so here is the plan. This upcoming Wed (May 28th) we are going to meet at 10pm at One Night Stand in Clarke Quay. There is free champagne for ladies and a live band so it's a cool place to hang out for some drinks.

If you haven't joined up with the group yet but still want to, you are more than welcome! We were all newbies to this at some point.

Cheers,

Jennifer

For those of you who want to meet a bit earlier than 10pm, how about meeting at 8pm at Cafe Iguana http://www.cafeiguana.com/contact.html

Apparently they have 50% off house pour and cocktail until 9pm...then we can head along to One Night Stand afterwards at around 10ish?

Heather

maimaya25

Beware of posting email addresses on the board

Postby maimaya25 » Mon, 26 May 2008 8:50 pm

jdroger1 wrote:Hey all,

I just want to give a heads up not to call this person who just posted, Dolphin0655. If you check out their posts you see they go by Dorine and Doris, guess they can be a guy or girl depending on the forum and seems to be a scammer selling something. Don't advise calling them ladies...

Blah, I hate spammers... would delete it if I could.

See you ladies on Wednesday!

Jennifer

Taking a cue from Jennifer's warning, I just wanted to share an experience I had a few weeks ago.

As a newbie, I had included my email address in my initial posts until I had racked up enough posts (5 in all) to allow me to PM. Anyway, a few weeks after joining the forum, a creepy guy emailed my personal email informing me he'd be in town for a day, where he'd be staying and asking if I'd like to meet up. I was further told that I'd be well compensated for showing him a good time. When I asked how he got my email address, he fessed up that he had surfed through this very thread and gotten my email from here. Now I totally get that this thread is called, "looking for girlfriends" but c'mon?!

So, if any of you have posted your email addresses here it might be wise to revisit your old posts and remove your email from there. You never know who might be lurking around.

Anyway, hope to see y'all on Wednesday!

Maya

shihna

Postby shihna » Tue, 27 May 2008 11:54 am

There are alot of wierdos on net.

Unfortunately, 9 out 10 people I meet are the exact sort of people that I would usually stay away from.
These include people that I randomly meet from the internet AND people introduced by friends.

I'm sort of resigned that maybe I just attract the wrong sort.

valentina

Ladies Night Today

Postby valentina » Wed, 28 May 2008 11:15 am

Hi everyone!

I'm very new to this forum and new to singapore too. I'm F 24years old. I have been in singapore around 10 days. I would like to make new friends , I would like to be part of any upcoming meetings.

Can't PM you, though.. as I'm quite a newbie. Hi Jennifer, Please can you send me the address for today as I don't know well singapore.

Thanks,
Valentina

Megumichan

Postby Megumichan » Wed, 28 May 2008 11:41 am

jdroger1 wrote:Hey girls,

Cheers,

Jennifer

Hi

Is tonight still on? I still don't have the right to pm. Would appreciate if someone can feed me with more details! =)

wombatt

Postby wombatt » Wed, 28 May 2008 12:05 pm

Yep, tonight is definitely still on!
The plan is to meet at Cafe Iguana at 8pm for those who can make it out early, we are going to move onto One Night Stand for free champagne at around 10pm.

Here is the link showing directions to get to Cafe Iguana, just opposite Clarke Quay http://www.cafeiguana.com/contact.html

One Night Stand is on the corner of Clarke Quay if you can't get here until later.

Look forward to seeing everyone tonight,

Heather

valentina

Postby valentina » Wed, 28 May 2008 12:56 pm

Hi,

Heather, I saw the website of cafe iguana it sounds a great place!
I will be there. Please can you PM your number, so I can find you ladies easily at the place, just to be sure.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Helen

jdroger1
Regular
Regular

Ladies Night!

Postby jdroger1 » Wed, 28 May 2008 3:13 pm

Hey girls (and welcome new girls that just joined this morning!)

We have a reservation at Cafe Iguana at 8pm under "Jennifer".

Hope to see all of you there! :D

Jennifer