Singapore Expats

Looking for some Girlfriends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
kaisa4282

Post by kaisa4282 » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 8:35 am

Hi Ladies,
Prob wont make it on Wed, I am leaving for KL for a long weekend on Thursday. Weekends are usually better for me.

Anyone familiar with Anthony Bourdain? He is a famous American traveling chef type, he does a show called "No Reservations" where he travels around and eats local food. Earlier this year they did a show in Singapore, and they ranked one of the Chicken Rice stalls in the Maxwell Food Center is the best Chicken Rice in Singapore! I think its called Tian Tian Hainese Chicken Rice (#90-something). If you google it, you can find it.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Zeenit » Mon, 08 Sep 2008 8:47 am

St Georgie wrote:Hi girls! :)

I think its high time we all had a little girl's get-together. I thought we could try out the Maxwell Food Centre in Chinatown, as according to the Singapore Timeout guide it promises "an affordable sensory overload"!! So this wont put too much pressure on the purse strings and will leave lots of change for a few cocktails. Once we've had dinner and a good old natter, we can take a stroll around the corner to Breeze, a rooftop bar at The Scarlet Hotel boasting panoramic views over Chinatown, where we can "sit amongst the tented seating areas set amonst the lush greenery". Im a sucka for a bit of grass! Its apparently a flamboyant and popular boutique bar, so defo worth a visit.

http://www.thescarlethotel.com/html/edc_breeze.htm

From then on im open to suggestions and will happily follow the croud if the night is still young!

How does Wednesday evening sound, starting at 7.30pm til late? Please send me a PM if you are interested and we'll go by popular demand.

Look forward to hearing from you ladies, and may I point out that this is for LADIES ONLY!!! :D

Thanks
Han

Hi, I saw your post of a girlie night out. As we new in town, it will be 2 weeks on wednesday I wondered if your group does lunch etc. The reason I am asking is that as my husband knows nobody yet I feel its unfair to leave him sitting in the Serviced Apartment on his own.

So if anyone would like to meet up for coffee, lunch etc let me know.
Zeenit

St Georgie

Cancellation for tonight's dinner and drinks

Post by St Georgie » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 2:49 pm

Hey ladies! :D

Its seems that almost all of you are unable to make tonight, either being away or having prior engagements so tonight's get-together is cancelled. :(

I'll try and rearrange it for next week on Friday night, so if your diaries are empty for Friday keep it clear!!

Hopefully see you next week.

Hannah
Hannah

chillicrab

Post by chillicrab » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 5:38 pm

I'm interested in joining a ladies night out but can't do next Friday I'm afraid as travelling with work.

Hope to meet you all soon :D

(I can't PM yet as not enough posts!)

fritzy

Post by fritzy » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:48 pm

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and am interested in joining the next get together. I dont know anyone here and it will be great to meet some people. I'm up for coffee/lunch/drinks....whatever really!

Is there a group meeting this weekend? I arrived here on Monday and I am keen to catch up with any ladies willing to share their experience with house hunting, settling into life here etc.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Cheers

fritzy

Post by fritzy » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:52 am

A few people have sent me a PM, but I can't PM back yet. If you do PM me, can you please leave your email address? In answer to one of the questions I received.....I am 29 and from Australia.

sharon_is

Post by sharon_is » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 12:22 pm

Hi

Can I join? I cant reply to PM yet!!!! Please email me at [email protected]

See you soon

angelica000
Regular
Regular

This Friday - September 19, 2008

Post by angelica000 » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 1:12 pm

Hi to all: Who's available this friday for a get together. Reply back on this thread or PM me or Hannah for the details.

The meet-up for this friday is the same meet-up organized by Hannah.

Thanks!

sharon_is

Post by sharon_is » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 3:19 pm

Hi there!! When is the next outings????? :lol:

St Georgie

This Friday night

Post by St Georgie » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 5:08 pm

Hi ladies

Come along to the rescheduled ladies night this Friday night. Its the same place as I mentioned last week, just pm me to confirm if you can come so I can reserve an area at Breeze. Ive re-pasted some of the details below.

Maxwell Food Centre in Chinatown, as according to the Singapore Timeout guide it promises "an affordable sensory overload"!! So this wont put too much pressure on the purse strings and will leave lots of change for a few cocktails. Once we've had dinner and a good old natter, we can take a stroll around the corner to Breeze, a rooftop bar at The Scarlet Hotel boasting panoramic views over Chinatown, where we can "sit amongst the tented seating areas set amonst the lush greenery". Im a sucka for a bit of grass! Its apparently a flamboyant and popular boutique bar, so defo worth a visit.

http://www.thescarlethotel.com/html/edc_breeze.htm

From then on im open to suggestions and will happily follow the croud if the night is still young!

This Friday night 7.30pm til late.

Look forward to hearing from you ladies, and may I point out that this is for LADIES ONLY!!!

Thanks
Han
Hannah

St Georgie

Possible change of location....

Post by St Georgie » Tue, 16 Sep 2008 6:04 pm

Actually girls, does that sound a bit lame for a Friday night? this was originally planned for a Wednesday night. If any of you can think of something better then feel free to make a suggestion, im now thinking we might want to be closer to the action as its Friday night??!!!

Watch this space, im on the case!!
Hannah

smurra85
Regular
Regular

Post by smurra85 » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:18 pm

Hannah ... it sounds absolutely fine - I meet up with a group of people every Wednesday at the food centre in raffles for cheap food and beer before hitting a pub/club and its always a success. The cheaper the better - reliving student days ( ok yes that bit does make me sound sad :-( ) Sally

St Georgie

Post by St Georgie » Wed, 17 Sep 2008 3:44 pm

Great stuff, that settles it then!

Ladies its a change of plans for this Friday night. We will now meet in Intro bar on the ground floor of Swissotel at 7.30pm. They have half price drinks until 9pm, so we can stay for a couple and then move on to the New Asia bar on 71st floor as they also have happy hour until 9pm and the cocktails and views of Singapore are amazing!

Im not sure if people wanted to include dinner in our get-together(?) so if anyone wants to grab some food beforehand then let me know and I can meet you before 7.30pm. Or if anyone's hungry after 7.30pm we can grab a light bite in New Asia or in the RafflesCity food hall, before hitting more bars.

Hope you can make it!

Han X
Hannah

diamonda

Post by diamonda » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:00 am

wow.. all of you sounds enthu for friday's nite outing..

i would like to join but can't make it. i'm working night shift till end of year T.T

have fun!

ekspatriet

Post by ekspatriet » Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:25 am

Hello ladies, I’m a local, mixed-blood, 35yrs old female looking to expand my circle of friends and socialize. I’m a non-drinker and a non-smoker but I hope that won’t be a problem for me to join in the fun with you ladies. Let me know Okay!

[email protected]

:shit: