Singapore Expats Forum

Mas Salamat

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

markhed
Regular
Regular

Mas Salamat

Postby markhed » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 9:12 am

Im curious about the lack of discussion about this chaps exploits on this forum. Is it being discussed somewhere else that I am not aware of?

Are people not interested or not willing to discuss it?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 9:38 am

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic47906.html

What's there to discuss? The lax security or inside job allow him to get away. I suspect he was across the border before the government was even notified. How hard was it? The family had been in close contact. A car could have been parked permanently in a carpark a couple of kilometers away with a key hidden in a hid-a-key on the frame. Clothes & new Passport in the glove box. Given the fact that everybody was playing CTA (Cover thy butt) the guy probably had a leisure drive across the causeway or to the tanah merah ferry terminal.

The government has egg on it's face and life goes on except it's harder to drive across the causeway now with the increased security (kinda like slamming the gate closed after the cows are gone. :roll:

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 9:52 am

I just thought it was interesting that nobody mentioned it, dont you? Look at some of the topics that are discussed here and this doesnt even get a mention?

I found that very curious!

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 9:54 am

Oh I just saw your link, sorry :) I must have missed that before.

Did anyone get any good jokes about the whole thing?

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:17 am

markhed wrote:Oh I just saw your link, sorry :) I must have missed that before.

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic48047.html

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Tue, 01 Apr 2008 4:20 pm

and who cares after a month???

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Postby ozchick » Tue, 01 Apr 2008 4:25 pm

markhed wrote:Oh I just saw your link, sorry :) I must have missed that before.

Not jokes but several Malay taxi drivers tell me, "him black magic man".
Mm...I get an education here every day- which is odd when I'm such a know-all ! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

marley

Postby marley » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 1:25 am

Wow, a black magic man..he has been known for great escapes anyway..wherever he maybe this time..we will just hope and pray that he will never do the damn terrorist act again. He do or not do...its his choice... :)
"The only thing necesaary for EVIL to Triumph is for good men to do nothing..... "

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Sun, 06 Apr 2008 3:19 pm

Consider that all the time and energy spent in finding this guy when there might be many more still waiting in Indonesia, or elsewhere.

pykee
Regular
Regular

Postby pykee » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 9:24 am

i heard from an army guy and this seems to be the inside story. apparently, some renovation is being done in the toilets in the facility he was put up in. when he wanted to take a toilet break, he entered the one that is being renovated. he found some contractor cover-alls and hard hat, changed into those and simply walked out...

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter

Postby ProvenPracticalFlexible » Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:47 am

marley wrote:Wow, a black magic man..he has been known for great escapes anyway..wherever he maybe this time..we will just hope and pray that he will never do the damn terrorist act again. He do or not do...its his choice... :)

What did he do last time, exactly? Planning something their claim. No evidence needed.

One of these new era terrorist jokes when people are kept in prison without being sentenced in court.

hk203
Regular
Regular

Re: Mas Salamat

Postby hk203 » Wed, 28 May 2008 11:44 am

markhed wrote:Im curious about the lack of discussion about this chaps exploits on this forum. Is it being discussed somewhere else that I am not aware of?

Are people not interested or not willing to discuss it?

Not sure why bother to find faults? Think better find that guy instead!! It's a culture here...people at top mostly won't affected by this shits. If you are in Japan...the minister will resign first before others. The ministers here not at fault because they are not directly handle Mas Selamat? What a lame excuse to be honest.

If you hire a maid...you will be fully responsible for what she does. You will get fined if your maid got pregnant, or involve in crime or run away or whatever....

We are suppose to let our maid have at least a day holiday per week...when they are out, we are not directly handles them as well...but we must be responsible for what they did outside...is it fair?? I am not really sure but guess you know who is the best person to ask!!