Singapore Expats

Good Tailer for Suits and Shirts

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Guowei58

Good Tailer for Suits and Shirts

Post by Guowei58 » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 5:29 pm

HI, any recommendation on a good tailor for suits and dress shirts for men?

thanks

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Good Tailer for Suits and Shirts

Post by ksl » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 6:58 pm

Guowei58 wrote:HI, any recommendation on a good tailor for suits and dress shirts for men?

thanks
I know a very good international tailor by the name of TJ at Raffles Place, ask any of the local money changers, they will direct you...it is on the ground floor, just next to change alley....he's very well known, so easy to find.
They have been around since 1970, when i first visited the old change alley, it used to be a bazaar, just tell him Ksl sent you, the guy from UK, he'll know who you mean, tell him you want a good price...I got a couple of lightweight mohair suits, lovely job!

Once he's got your measurements down, you can always send for a suit to, from anywhere!

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter

Post by cbavasi » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 7:22 am

really good one in tanglin shopping mall called Justmens (first floor). tanglin shopping mall is the older building closer to orchard (next to the new st regis). husband had a suit, extra trousers and dress shirt made. all excellent fit and done quite quickly.

godsend

Re: Good Tailer for Suits and Shirts

Post by godsend » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 5:27 pm

Guowei58 wrote:HI, any recommendation on a good tailor for suits and dress shirts for men?

thanks
I had suits and shirts made at TJ Custom Tailors in Clifford Centre and am very happy with the fitting and fabrics. He has great service too.