Singapore Expats Forum

Beach volleyball @ Tanjong beach, Sentosa SAT 29th March 2PM

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
yuji
Regular
Regular

Postby yuji » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:23 am

hi i want to join as well, but my skill is below beginer. hope you all dont mind :-)

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 6:23 pm

No worries yuji, you're welcome to come along. We all have to start somewhere. :)

seafishes2

Postby seafishes2 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 1:18 am

Ha...Jeremy & Maria you back!!!

I will be there too. looking forward to seeing you guys this Sat! :)

VZTRT

Postby VZTRT » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 1:47 am

Hey

Wouldn't mind doing some sports on the weekend, as I'm still new here where abouts is this beach??

I'm in the Jurong East area?

Thanks

gedrek

Postby gedrek » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 7:35 am

im new here in the forum, please count me for this week.

Leela
Regular
Regular

Postby Leela » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 9:05 am

Updated player list:

1. Leela
2. JermD
3. Debs + TT
4. Claire
5. Catherine
6. Ben8
7. Dex
8. ForeverBumblebee
9. babykasim (after 2PM though..)
10. Seafishes
11. Trond

8-)

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:08 am

JermD wrote:Hi Dex,

If you look at Leela's post above you'll see that we play next to KM8 bar which is located on Tanjong Beach. If you catch the beach tram make sure you take the green and yelow one, NOT the orange and blue one as that goes to Siloso beach. It's the last stop before heading back to beach station. Walk through the carpark and you will arrive at the beach. Look for a group that has two small fluffy dogs (our mascots). If you want I can PM you my mobile number in case you can't find us.

JermD.

VZTRT, if you look on the previous page (quoted again above) you'll see I made a post explaining how to get to the beach. This is on Sentosa island which is next to Harbourfront MRT. There are several ways of getting to the island (cab, bus, monorail and cable car). From Harbourfront (Vivo City) I've found the easiest way is via monorail. This will take you to beach station where you can take the beach tram as described above.

Leela posted a link (also on previous page) to Sentosa's website which explains the island in more detail. If you want my mobile number let me know and I'll PM it to you in case you get stuck or can't find us.

JermD.

VZTRT

Postby VZTRT » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 6:57 pm

JermD wrote:
JermD wrote:Hi Dex,

If you look at Leela's post above you'll see that we play next to KM8 bar which is located on Tanjong Beach. If you catch the beach tram make sure you take the green and yelow one, NOT the orange and blue one as that goes to Siloso beach. It's the last stop before heading back to beach station. Walk through the carpark and you will arrive at the beach. Look for a group that has two small fluffy dogs (our mascots). If you want I can PM you my mobile number in case you can't find us.

JermD.

VZTRT, if you look on the previous page (quoted again above) you'll see I made a post explaining how to get to the beach. This is on Sentosa island which is next to Harbourfront MRT. There are several ways of getting to the island (cab, bus, monorail and cable car). From Harbourfront (Vivo City) I've found the easiest way is via monorail. This will take you to beach station where you can take the beach tram as described above.

Leela posted a link (also on previous page) to Sentosa's website which explains the island in more detail. If you want my mobile number let me know and I'll PM it to you in case you get stuck or can't find us.

JermD.

Silly me I saw the thing at 2am so I didn't read it that well. I know where Harbourfront is so I should find my way down. I'll PM you anyways as I'd better make sure.
I have a house inspection by my landlord at between 8 and 11am. But I know from my place it's not that far so I should get there on time. Hope the weather holds out. I might even bring one of my mates.
But count me in!

ForeverBumblebee

Postby ForeverBumblebee » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:15 pm

I'm sorry I won't be able to this afternoon (I've got the flu). Look forward to meeting you guys next time. Hope you have a nice weekend!

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Postby babykasim » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:55 pm

right,
my boss just called and i have to go back to work!
@#*&@#&@#&)#@

will be missing AGAIN!!! :(

Updated player list:
1. Leela
2. JermD
3. Debs + TT
4. Claire
5. Catherine
6. Ben8
7. Dex
8. ForeverBumblebee
9. Seafishes
10. Trond

donald duck

tanjong bech

Postby donald duck » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 5:49 pm

Ops I missed this one... But it rained heavily in the afternoon. So did u guys end up swimming in the rain instead?

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:26 pm

Nah it was good. Had a big crowd turn up. Hardly got touched by the rain at all.

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 8:31 am

Nah...what rain?

I got sunburnt instead!
8-)

Leela
Regular
Regular

Re: tanjong bech

Postby Leela » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 11:13 am

donald duck wrote:So did u guys end up swimming in the rain instead?

We only had a few drops of rain and it was pretty hot for most of the time so we were thankful to have some clouds for a while!.
Anyway, even if it had rained we would have continued playing, as we always do. Beach volley is on rain or shine!
8-)

Thanks to everyone who showed up, by the way. We had never had such a number of new players in one go. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.
:)

yuji
Regular
Regular

Postby yuji » Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Leela & Jeremy, Thank for organize such a good session for us. I enjoy a lot, nice to met all the new fren over there :D