Singapore Expats Forum

Beach volleyball @ Tanjong beach, Sentosa SAT 29th March 2PM

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Leela
Regular
Regular

Beach volleyball @ Tanjong beach, Sentosa SAT 29th March 2PM

Postby Leela » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:43 am

Yes, we're back!! :D
JermD and I got back last night and we're looking forward to some beach volley this weekend. We did watch some seriously good players at Bondi beach in Sydney a few days ago and although I doubt that we will ever play like them, at least we will have some fun!

We will bring our net and our ball, so feel free to join us. Add your name to the list if you are coming.

Players:

1. Leela
2. JermD

8-)

SillyDoggie

Re: Beach volleyball @ Tanjong beach, Sentosa SAT 29th March

Postby SillyDoggie » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 1:07 pm

Leela wrote:Yes, we're back!! :D
JermD and I got back last night and we're looking forward to some beach volley this weekend. We did watch some seriously good players at Bondi beach in Sydney a few days ago and although I doubt that we will ever play like them, at least we will have some fun!

We will bring our net and our ball, so feel free to join us. Add your name to the list if you are coming.

Players:

1. Leela
2. JermD

8-)

I'm interested but not sure if I could be considered as a good player or not - I've never played valleyball again after leaving high school. Maybe I can watch first and then consider whether to join or not.

So where and when? :)

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 2:18 pm

Leela wrote:Yes, we're back!! :D

Players:

1. Leela
2. JermD

8-)

8-)

count Us in! ( debs &TT)

Leela
Regular
Regular

Postby Leela » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 2:24 pm

SillyDoggie wrote:I'm interested but not sure if I could be considered as a good player or not - I've never played valleyball again after leaving high school. Maybe I can watch first and then consider whether to join or not.

You don't have to be a good player to join us. We have players of all kinds, from total newbies to fairly skilled ones and everyone is welcome. You don't even have to play if you don't want to. We get a fair amount of chillers that just join us to enjoy a day on the beach and chat to other people.

We'll be at Tanjong beach, Sentosa, from 2pm until it gets dark, which is at around 7:30pm. Tanjong is the beach past the Dolphin lagoon, where KM8 bar is located.

http://www.sentosa.com.sg/explore_sento ... beach.html

8-)

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 5:00 pm

Hopefully I won't get as burnt as I did in Bondi... 8-)

Leela
Regular
Regular

Postby Leela » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 8:20 pm

Updated player list:

1. Leela
2. JermD
3. Debs + TT
4. Claire

8-)

Ben8

Postby Ben8 » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 9:10 pm

Hi, I'd like to come along, especially if you're not looking for super skilled players.

I'm new to Singapore, so I'll have to find the place first... Are you playing on any court in particular?

See you Saturday!

deb96
Chatter
Chatter

Postby deb96 » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 8:52 am

Ben8 wrote:Hi, I'd like to come along, especially if you're not looking for super skilled players.

I'm new to Singapore, so I'll have to find the place first... Are you playing on any court in particular?

See you Saturday!

Hi Ben8,

We are setting up our own court. Look around for the group, we should be on the right hand side of the beach..near to the KM8...or you can look out for Trouble..( My barking POM) 8-)

dex.

Postby dex. » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 4:05 pm

I want to join in... but I am very new to Singapore. Its just been two months. I have been to Siloso Beach. Anyone guide please.

JermD
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JermD » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 4:32 pm

Hi Dex,

If you look at Leela's post above you'll see that we play next to KM8 bar which is located on Tanjong Beach. If you catch the beach tram make sure you take the green and yelow one, NOT the orange and blue one as that goes to Siloso beach. It's the last stop before heading back to beach station. Walk through the carpark and you will arrive at the beach. Look for a group that has two small fluffy dogs (our mascots). If you want I can PM you my mobile number in case you can't find us.

JermD.

dex.

Postby dex. » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 4:35 pm

Yeah please do that. So that I can contact you if I get lost :)

Sebastian
Regular
Regular

Postby Sebastian » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:47 am

Jeremy, did you forget something ;) But I scheduled it for morning, so you can still make it for beach later :)
Try a little kindness - Otis Redding

Leela
Regular
Regular

Postby Leela » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 4:12 pm

Updated player list:

1. Leela
2. JermD
3. Debs + TT
4. Claire
5. Catherine
6. Ben8
7. Dex
8. ForeverBumblebee

8-)

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Postby babykasim » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 9:45 pm

Updated player list:

1. Leela
2. JermD
3. Debs + TT
4. Claire
5. Catherine
6. Ben8
7. Dex
8. ForeverBumblebee
9. babykasim (after 2PM though..)

8-)

SillyDoggie

Postby SillyDoggie » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 8:44 am

Leela wrote:
SillyDoggie wrote:I'm interested but not sure if I could be considered as a good player or not - I've never played valleyball again after leaving high school. Maybe I can watch first and then consider whether to join or not.

You don't have to be a good player to join us. We have players of all kinds, from total newbies to fairly skilled ones and everyone is welcome. You don't even have to play if you don't want to. We get a fair amount of chillers that just join us to enjoy a day on the beach and chat to other people.

We'll be at Tanjong beach, Sentosa, from 2pm until it gets dark, which is at around 7:30pm. Tanjong is the beach past the Dolphin lagoon, where KM8 bar is located.

http://www.sentosa.com.sg/explore_sento ... beach.html

8-)

Hi Leela,

Sorry I can't make it this weekend. I have another plan.
I will keep an eye on your further posts about this and may join you in the future.
Thank you and have fun! :)