Singapore Expats Forum

Boring Work...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Boring Work...

Postby Guest » Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:25 am

Hey to guys who are working,
Would there be a time for you all when you just feel so bored with your job that you just want to sit there and do nothing or don't even feel like going to work? I just graduated and started working in a office for more than 3 months when this feeling get into me. I'm working in the IT field and really don't feel like using my brain to think. Sighz. Can't quit the job too cos need the money.
Any advice or recommendations to solve this? Thanks!

PhantomX

Stick it out

Postby PhantomX » Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:41 am

Money is one of the main reasons we work and in many cases is good enough as the sole reason given the scarcity of jobs nowadays. Be thankful youve got a job now. You wont be worrying about boredom when uve lost your job. Money will be your main pre-occupation then. We dont get our dream job on the first try. But with a job in hand you are in a position to figure out what you would like to do in the long run. And there will always be periods even in a 'dream job' where boredom sets in as well. We just have to learn to manage ourselves around this and be clear on our long term goals. I suppose this is boring advice to you :!:

kiss_snowhite

Postby kiss_snowhite » Mon, 13 Sep 2004 6:20 pm

I agree. We work for money. I get bored working too. Esp when I'm in the hotel line. Got to meet diff kinds of people. Those interesting are fun but not those fussy type. But I must say that I enjoys my job. It gives me the chance to meet all kinds of people.

Anyway if you feel that bored, you might want to chille out after work? Like dining with friends or have a few drinks. You can even rent a DVD and watch it at home while munching on chips. Surf the net or do some reading.

Not sure if this advise works for you. And, lol, I think my advise is boring too.

Be happy.
kisses..muacks!!

starfantasy84
Regular
Regular

Postby starfantasy84 » Tue, 14 Sep 2004 9:14 am

Nahz it's not boring advice, actually one of the main reason i get bored at work is that there is somehow no motivation for me. Yes, i do know about the money part, but for me, it's not really as important. Usually after work, i would meet up with my hubby to have fun together, but then now he's in army. I'm so bored, and not motivated to finish my work quickly.
I'm the quiet kind of girl, so i don't really have a lot of frens. :D
And i don't like to go out alone. :D

Lextor

Postby Lextor » Tue, 14 Sep 2004 2:30 pm

Then maybe the problem is not the work but lack of good company. Maybe you think on those lines.

I am in IT too. And I will tell you that apart from the 3-4 months when we get serious stuff to do, remaining 9 months are usually boring. But with time one gets use to this style of working. Drop write in if you like to talk.. lextor@gmail.com

starfantasy84
Regular
Regular

Postby starfantasy84 » Tue, 14 Sep 2004 5:08 pm

For me it's not that way, Sorry i would like to keep my company a secret. Anyway, for me, i'm always taking on mutiple projects using different technologies and platforms. So busy all year round. :D

starfantasy84
Regular
Regular

Postby starfantasy84 » Tue, 14 Sep 2004 5:10 pm

Sorry i just realise that the first post doesn't have my name. Anyway it's by me, guess my session time out before i write the post. :D