Singapore Expats Forum

Baseball Fans

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
gcw33

Baseball Fans

Postby gcw33 » Sun, 23 Mar 2008 6:56 pm

Hey,

Any baseball fans on the site? I just moved to Sing a few weeks ago, originally from Boston. Love them Saaaaaax (red sox)

Trying to find a good spot to watch the two games they are playing this week in Japan and, hopefully, a few people to watch with. Yankees fans need not apply.....no no actually the more the merrier.

Games are tuesday/wednesday at 6pm, so I will probably look for somewhere close to Raffles which is where I work. Let me know if anyone is interested or knows of a good sports bar.

Gabe

bbmania

Postby bbmania » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 7:09 pm

gcw, as a massive baseball fan, it's sort of pathetic that I couldn't even get to see the season opener in Tokyo. Currently visiting Singapore (moving to singapore in two months' time), and I had to work from the hotel today, and found out my hotel TV doesn't carry the season opener.. what a bummer!!!!

I'm a braves fan, but I loathe the yanks..! (Hate the Pats though...sorry!)

How bad is it to follow baseball here in Singapore?

I feel obligated to change my interest to the cricket (still catching up with the rule) and the English Premeir League!!!

-J.

M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

Postby M_Aurelius » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 8:33 pm

two words - MLB TV, get it / they don't watch BB here

bbmania

Postby bbmania » Tue, 25 Mar 2008 8:44 pm

that's what im pondering..... MLB TV....

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:37 am

Go Cubs!

M_Aurelius
Chatter
Chatter

Postby M_Aurelius » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:43 pm

are you related to Bartman?

gcw33

Postby gcw33 » Wed, 26 Mar 2008 9:06 pm

No clue about singapore, but there were a few games on ESPN in Malaysia last year. I am hoping there is something on here, at least over the weekends. I guess this slingbox.com is supposed to be decent too, haven't tried it.

jtco

Postby jtco » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:54 pm

The Slingbox works well but you need it hooked up to a TV and internet connection back home to get American programs on your computer here. I have mine set up back in Texas and it's great being able to watch things like NCAA Basketball and all the local shows from my computer here.

havelaptop_willtravel

Any other MLB fans?

Postby havelaptop_willtravel » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:48 pm

Just moved out here, also a Red Sox fan. Do any groups get together to watch baseball on weekends?

jillardy

Postby jillardy » Thu, 06 May 2010 4:21 pm

Baseball...American Football...I am missing it. No tailgates here. Not a fan of a particular baseball team. Just like watching it. Where do you guys hang out and watch? Anyone playing fantasy football here?

Azmi Grim

Postby Azmi Grim » Fri, 31 Oct 2014 5:58 pm

Hi we have baseball for recreationalon sunday morning