Singapore Expats Forum

Visa for ex-husband

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
FrannyG

Visa for ex-husband

Postby FrannyG » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 4:15 pm

Hi, I am moving to Singapore in June on an EP with my job (Australian). I have a son (8) who is coming with me on DP. My ex husband has said no problem for me to take our son to Singapore for 2-3 yrs but is now wondering about how much time he can spend here with him. It seems that there are no visas which cover this as the social visit is only 90 days and he is thinking 6 months. I even thought maybe I could bring him in as FDW - could get him to do some cooking and cleaning while I'm at work :lol: Anyone got any ideas??? He doesnt need to work while he is here.

skye
Chatter
Chatter

Postby skye » Sat, 22 Mar 2008 6:46 pm

It shouldn't be a problem provided he isn't looking to work. As an aussie he will get 90 days each time he enters Singapore by air (Brits only get 30 days :cry: ) so if he flies off for a short holiday around the region before his first svp expires then comes back, he should get another 90 day stamp.

FrannyG

Postby FrannyG » Sun, 23 Mar 2008 8:48 am

thanks very much skye, that sounds like a solution :)

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:25 am

skye wrote:It shouldn't be a problem provided he isn't looking to work. As an aussie he will get 90 days each time he enters Singapore by air (Brits only get 30 days :cry: ) so if he flies off for a short holiday around the region before his first svp expires then comes back, he should get another 90 day stamp.

You can also get the 90 days when coming in via ferry. I used to live in Batam and when I came across they would give me the 90 day visa no problem. Just have to check the stamp when coming in, and if they give a shorter one just ask them for the 90 days.