Hairdressers in Singapore for Long Wavy Hair

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
SESAH

Hairdressers in Singapore for Long Wavy Hair

Post by SESAH » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 2:41 pm

My first 2 hairdressing experiences in Singapore were awful. I have (HAD) long thick wavy hair and first went to Salon Esprit in Vivo city. The girl who cut it didn't listen to my requirements at all and just did what she wanted. She cut alot of short layers in my hair and chopped about 7 inches off the length. This make it look really frizzy and bushy in the humidity. She also put treatments on my hair without informing me of the cost. I will never go back there.

The 2nd experience was nearly as bad the hairdresser (Wisma Atrium) didn't know what to do with wavey hair and had to straighten it all before she could start cutting it. She thinned it out even more- obviously what she is used to doing with asian hair.

Finally I have found a great hairdresser at Tanglin Mall who knows what to do with my hair. I wish I had gone there first. They have a lot of experience with Western type hair and know what to do with it.
I hope this helps anyone with similar type of hair who is new to Singapore.

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 8:34 pm

It would help a little more if you gave the name and contact info of the shop?
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

durain
Director
Director

Post by durain » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 8:41 pm

jpatokal wrote:It would help a little more if you gave the name and contact info of the shop?
so you got long wavy hair too? :P