Singapore Expats Forum

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jtzw1988
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2015

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby jtzw1988 » Sat, 03 Jun 2017 9:28 am

ahboy25 wrote:


There's block leave after each phase of training so you can go then! like 1 week or so depending on your cohort


how is your 1st year schedule like? Just classroom at SAA?

ahboy25
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu, 11 May 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby ahboy25 » Sat, 03 Jun 2017 1:46 pm

jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:


There's block leave after each phase of training so you can go then! like 1 week or so depending on your cohort


how is your 1st year schedule like? Just classroom at SAA?


we haven't really completed our first year yet. But for primary course, most of the other will be spent in the classroom. But there'll be attachments near the end of primary course! after primary course will be simulator training so that's going to be at the simulators and classes in SAA as well.

jtzw1988
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2015

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby jtzw1988 » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 9:38 am

hi Ahboy25,

you mentioned that you dropped an email to Christina to get an update. Did she reply you at all?

I sent her an email last Monday but no reply from her.:(

ahboy25
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu, 11 May 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby ahboy25 » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 12:08 pm

jtzw1988 wrote:hi Ahboy25,

you mentioned that you dropped an email to Christina to get an update. Did she reply you at all?

I sent her an email last Monday but no reply from her.:(


I dropped an email to the person who made first contact with me but she's not around anymore. However they did get back to me after like 2 weeks+ish. I remembered it took them quite a while, living in anxiety, patiently waiting hahaha

jtzw1988
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2015

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby jtzw1988 » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 12:25 pm

ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:hi Ahboy25,

you mentioned that you dropped an email to Christina to get an update. Did she reply you at all?

I sent her an email last Monday but no reply from her.:(


I dropped an email to the person who made first contact with me but she's not around anymore. However they did get back to me after like 2 weeks+ish. I remembered it took them quite a while, living in anxiety, patiently waiting hahaha



hahhaa! again based on your timeline. I gotta wait. who was the person that first contacted you? izit a young girl? think her name is Cheryl or smth?

ahboy25
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu, 11 May 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby ahboy25 » Mon, 05 Jun 2017 12:56 pm

jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:hi Ahboy25,

you mentioned that you dropped an email to Christina to get an update. Did she reply you at all?

I sent her an email last Monday but no reply from her.:(


I dropped an email to the person who made first contact with me but she's not around anymore. However they did get back to me after like 2 weeks+ish. I remembered it took them quite a while, living in anxiety, patiently waiting hahaha



hahhaa! again based on your timeline. I gotta wait. who was the person that first contacted you? izit a young girl? think her name is Cheryl or smth?



Ya i think so, is she still there? heard she left already or something. But ya, patience i guess?

jtzw1988
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2015

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby jtzw1988 » Thu, 08 Jun 2017 5:49 pm

ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:
I dropped an email to the person who made first contact with me but she's not around anymore. However they did get back to me after like 2 weeks+ish. I remembered it took them quite a while, living in anxiety, patiently waiting hahaha



hahhaa! again based on your timeline. I gotta wait. who was the person that first contacted you? izit a young girl? think her name is Cheryl or smth?



Ya i think so, is she still there? heard she left already or something. But ya, patience i guess?



ok...I have again emailed Christina and hoping she would reply me soon

ahboy25
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu, 11 May 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby ahboy25 » Thu, 08 Jun 2017 6:21 pm

jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:

hahhaa! again based on your timeline. I gotta wait. who was the person that first contacted you? izit a young girl? think her name is Cheryl or smth?



Ya i think so, is she still there? heard she left already or something. But ya, patience i guess?



ok...I have again emailed Christina and hoping she would reply me soon


Yup hope you receive an email from her soon, I know that feeling all too well haha

jtzw1988
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2015

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby jtzw1988 » Fri, 09 Jun 2017 10:59 am

ahboy25 wrote:
Yup hope you receive an email from her soon, I know that feeling all too well haha

hey ahboy25,

just curious. till date since the start of training, have your batch started going into shift cycle?

else, do you know when you have to go into shift?

ahboy25
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu, 11 May 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby ahboy25 » Fri, 09 Jun 2017 2:01 pm

jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:
Yup hope you receive an email from her soon, I know that feeling all too well haha

hey ahboy25,

just curious. till date since the start of training, have your batch started going into shift cycle?

else, do you know when you have to go into shift?


Nope, even during attachments we have yet to follow the shift cycles. Only for certain places like tower, we would do afternoon shift to see how is it like for the evening transition.

You will only be following shift cycles when you start OJT, which is where you will be assigned to a specific watch and you will follow their roster.

jtzw1988
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2015

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby jtzw1988 » Fri, 09 Jun 2017 2:08 pm

ahboy25 wrote:


You will only be following shift cycles when you start OJT, which is where you will be assigned to a specific watch and you will follow their roster.


how long after you start will this be? Oh during training do you also get the full salary?

ahboy25
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu, 11 May 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby ahboy25 » Fri, 09 Jun 2017 3:31 pm

jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:


You will only be following shift cycles when you start OJT, which is where you will be assigned to a specific watch and you will follow their roster.


how long after you start will this be? Oh during training do you also get the full salary?


It will be quite a while later, probably about 8 months down the road? +/-??
And you'll be given your salary during training but bonuses will be withheld until you get your first rating. However your salary will be dependent on your qualifications, previous work experience (if any) etc... All these will be explained very clearly by HR :)

jtzw1988
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2015

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby jtzw1988 » Mon, 12 Jun 2017 10:45 am

ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:


You will only be following shift cycles when you start OJT, which is where you will be assigned to a specific watch and you will follow their roster.


how long after you start will this be? Oh during training do you also get the full salary?


It will be quite a while later, probably about 8 months down the road? +/-??
And you'll be given your salary during training but bonuses will be withheld until you get your first rating. However your salary will be dependent on your qualifications, previous work experience (if any) etc... All these will be explained very clearly by HR :)



able to share how many are you getting? hahhaa PM me!

ahboy25
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu, 11 May 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby ahboy25 » Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:58 pm

jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:
how long after you start will this be? Oh during training do you also get the full salary?


It will be quite a while later, probably about 8 months down the road? +/-??
And you'll be given your salary during training but bonuses will be withheld until you get your first rating. However your salary will be dependent on your qualifications, previous work experience (if any) etc... All these will be explained very clearly by HR :)



able to share how many are you getting? hahhaa PM me!


Haha! We haven't gotten any yet so I can't share anything :?

jtzw1988
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2015

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby jtzw1988 » Mon, 12 Jun 2017 2:44 pm

ahboy25 wrote:
jtzw1988 wrote:
ahboy25 wrote:
It will be quite a while later, probably about 8 months down the road? +/-??
And you'll be given your salary during training but bonuses will be withheld until you get your first rating. However your salary will be dependent on your qualifications, previous work experience (if any) etc... All these will be explained very clearly by HR :)



able to share how many are you getting? hahhaa PM me!


Haha! We haven't gotten any yet so I can't share anything :?



you haven't receive any pay since you start in Feb? I just called Christina and it seems like she has misplaced my application after sending up for approval. She don't even have record on when I took the apt test!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: inxlee and 6 guests