Singapore Expats Forum

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
um0g

Postby um0g » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 5:02 pm

Haha... I wouldn't mind =p

ATCwannabe

Postby ATCwannabe » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 12:34 am

um0g wrote:I really pains me that I have decide to turn down this job =( Quite depress over this.
After considering so many things so many times, I had to make the more difficult decision of not signing. Thanks to all the gentleman/ladies here during this time though for all the advise and sharing.

well, no matter what path you choose, just do ur best and i bet you'll have a bright future!!

as for me, i just signed the letter on tuesday... :) which i also get to know my gross salary and training allowance. i must say i'll have to really watch how much i'm paying for each meal and what i'm spending on during the training period, haha...

now going thru the medical check-ups and adminitrative stuff... which are so tedious...-_-

um0g

Postby um0g » Sat, 04 Jul 2009 4:28 am

Sounds good!
Good luck with the course and everything! Admire you all for taking ATC up!
Be starting some other work next week too.. I'll be getting atc trainee-ish pay thou.. Haha.. So don't feel too bad about the training pay?

jiajia84

Postby jiajia84 » Sun, 05 Jul 2009 12:39 pm

hahahah..... swee la...
nextime i will say "hi" to u all at aeroplane. =D
training started??

Day_40

Postby Day_40 » Sun, 22 Nov 2009 1:33 pm

Hi All, have read all the posts on ATC.
Looks like there's a lot of advisors in this ATC forum.
Interested to know more on this job, pls.
Maybe can MSN or PM at daytona_40@hotmail.com
Thank you, look forward to hearing from you guys.

cheers!

allenw

Postby allenw » Tue, 08 Dec 2009 1:39 am

Can I know when does the duration of the 2-year bond start? The first day at work (during training) or does it only start after you have completed all the necessary training etc.?

Also what is the penalty for breaking the bond if you do not think it is a suitable long-term career for you?

TIA for any replies :)

Elysdeon

Postby Elysdeon » Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:10 am

Is the position open to mid/early career pple? I am in my late twenties and have been in the banking industry for 5 years but I have always been thinking of doing or trying something different haha.

Will I have to take a massive pay cut? Currently i am drawing about 50k p.a excluding bonuses (usually around 2-3 months) with 24 days of leave & good medical benefits etc.

Jasonfoo

Postby Jasonfoo » Tue, 19 Jan 2010 5:54 pm

Hey guys. I am thinking of applying for ATC. Can i ask the fellow ATCs here what do you love and hate most about your job? Also, why are you guys always hiring (:?

Phantasy

Postby Phantasy » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:39 am

Phantasy

Postby Phantasy » Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:40 am

Elysdeon wrote:Is the position open to mid/early career pple? I am in my late twenties and have been in the banking industry for 5 years but I have always been thinking of doing or trying something different haha.

Will I have to take a massive pay cut? Currently i am drawing about 50k p.a excluding bonuses (usually around 2-3 months) with 24 days of leave & good medical benefits etc.

Be prepared to take a massive pay cut.
Civil service priviledges apply

maverick_

Postby maverick_ » Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:43 pm

CAAS is looking for ATCs again. Check their website for more info. :D
"For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. "

avontflex

Postby avontflex » Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:33 pm

any takers for this post?

maverick_

Postby maverick_ » Sat, 12 Jun 2010 2:36 pm

avontflex wrote:any takers for this post?

Are you? :p
"For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. "

avontflex

Postby avontflex » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 8:17 am

maverick_ wrote:
avontflex wrote:any takers for this post?

Are you? :p

tried and got the position.now trying real hard to read up and see whether its really suitable for me at this stage now.i have some work experiences and if i leave my job, my hard work will disappear.pay wise i know there is a cut, but once it revert back after training its somewad similar to what i m getting now.and i wont be utilising large amt of money in upcoming yrs.so still tinking very hard...

maverick_

Postby maverick_ » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 4:29 pm

Well, that's good! Not many people get the chance to be an ATCO! May I know what's your educational requirements and how long did they inform you on the result of your test?