Singapore Expats

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Doglover_1990

Re: Air traffic controller

Post by Doglover_1990 » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 9:55 am

Donny_19 wrote:Hi there, anyone applied for the 2018 feb intake? application started on 5th sep 2017. I have been waiting since 5th sep haha!

Me me!! Im going for aptitude test today..

notanexpat

Post by notanexpat » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 4:09 pm

Anyone went for the 1st Interview with Voice Test already?

kaakefish

Post by kaakefish » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 5:36 pm

notanexpat wrote:Anyone went for the 1st Interview with Voice Test already?
nope. you?

notanexpat

Post by notanexpat » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 6:27 pm

kaakefish wrote:
notanexpat wrote:Anyone went for the 1st Interview with Voice Test already?
nope. you?
I just went for it. Was a pretty ok and quick interview. I guess they are still arranging as Feb 2018 is still 3 months+ away. Goodluck all!

kaakefish

Post by kaakefish » Wed, 08 Nov 2017 6:43 pm

I just went for it. Was a pretty ok and quick interview. I guess they are still arranging as Feb 2018 is still 3 months+ away. Goodluck all![/quote]

oh nice. good luck to you too! when did she contact you though?

notanexpat

Post by notanexpat » Thu, 09 Nov 2017 2:19 pm

kaakefish wrote:I just went for it. Was a pretty ok and quick interview. I guess they are still arranging as Feb 2018 is still 3 months+ away. Goodluck all!
oh nice. good luck to you too! when did she contact you though?[/quote]

around less then a month after my aptitude/personality test. can try emailing to check with them.

Katkatgp

Post by Katkatgp » Thu, 16 Nov 2017 10:57 am

Hi all, I just applied this job on 11th and was wondering approximately how long will they get back if shortlisted for apt test? And do you all applied through the portal? Thanks!!

iamnotatc

Post by iamnotatc » Mon, 20 Nov 2017 11:05 am

Katkatgp wrote:Hi all, I just applied this job on 11th and was wondering approximately how long will they get back if shortlisted for apt test? And do you all applied through the portal? Thanks!!
My test came after a month.

They will email you the date for the test.

I submitted my resume during a job fair but the HR still informed us to submit online as well.

Katkatgp

Post by Katkatgp » Mon, 20 Nov 2017 11:38 am

Thanks for the reply. Any idea of the age limit (going 30 next year) and if they take in people with family commitments? due to the intense training (period) I'm worried they might not want to take in people with family commitments. Didn't want to keep my hopes high :?

Lighted

Post by Lighted » Fri, 08 Dec 2017 11:21 pm

Katkatgp wrote:Thanks for the reply. Any idea of the age limit (going 30 next year) and if they take in people with family commitments? due to the intense training (period) I'm worried they might not want to take in people with family commitments. Didn't want to keep my hopes high :?
Hello,

Currently an ATCO all I can say about age limit is: officially, there isn't one. But that being said, most of the trainees are quite young. Unfortunately, the "older" 30 year olds, usually don't make it past the training phases. I can't explain why this happens. But statistically, at least since I entered a few years ago, this has been the case. Best explanation > they're no longer as flexible when it comes down to fast decision making.BUT, You could be the exception to the norm, and be the small percentage that does make it.

As for people with family commitments, it's not a big deal, but don't expect to be able to take leave as per a normal job during your training phase. if this is a problem for you, it's gonna be very hard. After you pass, the job has really good work life balance, but as a trainee, missing even one day of work will be hard.

The reason is because, it's basically years of aviation theory being crammed into 3 months during the first part of your training ( we call this the primary course). They have roughly, 14 exams i think? (could have increased recently i'm not sure) And each topic is divided in those 3 months. so for example, maybe exam 1 will be taught in 1 week. and missing 1 day of work will basically mean you missed 1/5 of the lessons.

and during the practical part of the training, missing one day could basically mean you miss the whole lesson plan for that day. so yea. better not take leave during the school theory and practical lessons. But once you make it out of School and head to the various streams, taking leave or having family commitments should be no problem.

Katkatgp

Post by Katkatgp » Tue, 12 Dec 2017 1:20 pm

Understood that. Training period is always the case. My status just changed to "in process" hope will get an email soon for the test :)

By the way, is there a standard pay grade for diploma/degree holders? Or according to personal expected salary range?

marhugo

Post by marhugo » Tue, 19 Dec 2017 4:48 pm

Hey all - I know there's been a lot of talk about the ATCO position, but I was wondering if anyone has more details regarding ATCSOs?

e.g. what training entails, how long it is, what their duties are like, how the shifts are arranged, what kind of salary to expect

Lighted

Post by Lighted » Fri, 22 Dec 2017 4:36 pm

Katkatgp wrote:Understood that. Training period is always the case. My status just changed to "in process" hope will get an email soon for the test :)

By the way, is there a standard pay grade for diploma/degree holders? Or according to personal expected salary range?
Entry Level PATCO pay grade is pretty much tied to goverment pay scales for Diplomas and Uni Grads.
so you have lowest diplomas, then pass degree, third class honours, 2nd lower, 2nd upper and so on..

but once you've passed your rating, there is a new min amount for ATCOs grade 1. basically this benefits the diploma holders the most. it's possible for them to have a 1k increase to base salary. for Degree holders, the min grade 1 pay doesn't affect much.

devigeel

Post by devigeel » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 8:49 pm

Any legit ATCOs here ? Don't mind sharing whats the pay for entry level/junior ATCOs ?

Akyx

Post by Akyx » Tue, 16 Jan 2018 8:16 pm

Hey, I did my final interview on the 2nd of January, and I've been waiting for a reply ever since! I reckon I did pretty well for both interviews, and didn't have a stalled or blocked moment in either.

My only source of anxiety now lies in the fact that it's been two weeks and I haven't been called yet; just yesterday I gave a call to Pristine from HR and she told me that it's still 'in processing', 'pending approval from upper management' - and while I would easily take that as it comes, my friend has had her call a week ago - hence my anxiety. Do any of you ATCOs think that it's likely at this juncture to be rejected?

thanks people, really appreciate it.