Singapore Expats

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ye_lavinia

Post by ye_lavinia » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 6:42 am

About the time frame-- for my time, HR contacted within 2 or 3 days after I submitted the online application form. The computer test was arranged to be taken within one week. After the test, HR contacted me again after a few days, and told me the 1st interview date.

Blah blah. The whole selection process, from initial form application to final interview results, was within one month. After which, you'll be doing a medical check with the company medical group clinic.

You can call it efficient, but looking back, that sort of shows how desparate HR is for trainees to come on board.

Good luck if you're interested.

anito4a

Post by anito4a » Sat, 21 Jun 2008 9:10 pm

Hi,

Quite a discussion about ATCs here.

This qns is for ye_lavinia ;

Do ATCs still have a chance to train with SFC for their PPL(R) or has this been scrapped ? Or only a specific few are allowed to learn their PPL?

thanks
anito4a

ye_lavinia

Post by ye_lavinia » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:45 am

As far as I know, the plan is still there: Controllers can take up courses at the SFC and pay only 10% of the listed fee.

But do note that you can only enjoy the plan AFTER you complete 2 full years of service as a PATCO == you must complete your probation before you can apply for the plan.

anito4a

Post by anito4a » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:37 am

ye_lavinia,

thanks for that, so that means I'll have to wait until probation is completed.

best
anito4a

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Sun, 22 Jun 2008 9:39 pm

anito4a wrote:ye_lavinia,

thanks for that, so that means I'll have to wait until probation is completed.

best
anito4a
From your nick i thought you might be a pilot. Are you looking to join as an ATC then?

rain_bow

Post by rain_bow » Tue, 22 Jul 2008 2:34 am

Understand the monthly pay scale, may i know how much is the yearly bonus? thanks =)

genie38

atc career

Post by genie38 » Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:16 am

hi ye_lavinia,

read thru most of your posts regarding this job. is it really tat bad?
i hav a fren who recently applied and is so enthusiastic abt it.

thanks! =)

chooniE

Post by chooniE » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:14 am

yea... i agree with you genie38.

it sounds cold and not organised.

hmm... ye_lavinia, will you tell us some +ve stuffs after so much -ve? :D thanks!

anito4a

Post by anito4a » Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:03 am

What's the education qualification to be an ATC ?

Recently, a friend of mine applied but has yet to receive any calls or emails. He does have a Local Polytechnic Diploma, somewhat related to the field, Dip. Aero Engineering. Is there a basic to it, O'Levels etc ?

Thanks

Anito4a

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Fri, 12 Sep 2008 1:18 am

anito4a wrote:What's the education qualification to be an ATC ?

Recently, a friend of mine applied but has yet to receive any calls or emails. He does have a Local Polytechnic Diploma, somewhat related to the field, Dip. Aero Engineering. Is there a basic to it, O'Levels etc ?
Is there a reason why you haven't search the website for yourself?

anito4a

Post by anito4a » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:20 am

jencrs wrote:

I have, it states a Full A-Level Cert, Local Polytechnic Diploma, Recognised University Degree. However, it doesn't say anything about O' Levels unlike when you apply for Cadet Pilot Programme, it is very clear that they require 5 O'Levels.

Thus, why I asked.

Thanks Again

chooniE

Post by chooniE » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 3:01 pm

anito4a wrote:
jencrs wrote:

I have, it states a Full A-Level Cert, Local Polytechnic Diploma, Recognised University Degree. However, it doesn't say anything about O' Levels unlike when you apply for Cadet Pilot Programme, it is very clear that they require 5 O'Levels.

Thus, why I asked.

Thanks Again
a Full A, local poly dip, and regconised uni degree, all overtakes O levels, so i dont think you need to worry about the O levels issue. :)

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 9:49 pm

anito4a wrote:
jencrs wrote:

Thus, why I asked.

Thanks Again
If they didn't ask for it, then you don't need it. If they need it, and didn't put it up, then it's their cock-up. You want to know for sure? Give CAAS a call, or visit a job fair. I know CAAS recruits ATCs in job fairs.

But I've just got to say that pay is really low considering the shifts, hours and responsibility. $21k - $39k including bonus? That's a joke. Even fresh non-ranking cabin crew can make more than that.

So consider carefully before signing up.

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Sat, 13 Sep 2008 9:52 pm

chooniE wrote:
anito4a wrote:
jencrs wrote:Is there a reason why you haven't search the website for yourself?

Thus, why I asked.

Thanks Again
a Full A, local poly dip, and regconised uni degree, all overtakes O levels, so i dont think you need to worry about the O levels issue. :)
He's saying that CAAS might need the O levels in addition to the A level/dip/degree. That's what the cadet pilots need to fulfill. But in this case, you're right, no need to worry about the O levels.

anito4a

Post by anito4a » Sun, 14 Sep 2008 9:34 am

Thank You jencrs :)

Any idea with regards to the payscale of $21k-$39K. I reckon that as a PATCO, you will be earning $21K per annum. Therefore, at which point in your career will you be earning the in-betweens of $21-$39K and at which point in your career will you be earning $39K.

Best
Alexander