Singapore Expats

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Lighted

Re: Air traffic controller

Post by Lighted » Tue, 16 Jan 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Akyx,

It's still possible to be rejected at the final interview stage.

However, if you think you did pretty well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. 2 weeks is still an okay waiting time, I think it took almost a month for them to get back to me, so just keep waiting for that call and don't worry too much :)

Akyx

Post by Akyx » Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:31 pm

Lighted wrote:Hi Akyx,

It's still possible to be rejected at the final interview stage.

However, if you think you did pretty well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. 2 weeks is still an okay waiting time, I think it took almost a month for them to get back to me, so just keep waiting for that call and don't worry too much :)
Thank you, Lighted! I was slightly disheartened when you said it's still possible to be rejected, but comforted by the fact that you (and others, I suppose) have received replies within that range of time...

I also try to console myself by telling myself that if they wanted to reject me, they'd do so much earlier rather than drag out the wait- but maybe I'm trying too hard to feel good about my prospects.

Hope work has been good for you in 2018! And thank you again for the reply.

kenrick

Post by kenrick » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 3:19 pm

Hi did anyone apply for the August intake this year?

M2A

Post by M2A » Sun, 11 Mar 2018 5:58 pm

Hello everyone,

Can someone in the know, confirm the exact "residency" requirements for applicants? Are they open to foreigners who never lived in Singapore before?

In late 2016, I was told by the CAAS that one needed to be a citizen. Now I see the application forms on non-CAAS site and with a myriad of options for passports, visas, this and that.

Thanks in advance.

magicb

Post by magicb » Tue, 13 Mar 2018 12:04 am

@M2A

You need to be a Singaporean citizen to qualify for the position

http://careers.pageuppeople.com/mob/688 ... ol-officer

M2A

Post by M2A » Wed, 14 Mar 2018 5:07 am

magicb wrote:@M2A

You need to be a Singaporean citizen to qualify for the position

http://careers.pageuppeople.com/mob/688 ... ol-officer
Thank you.

Jauss

Post by Jauss » Thu, 15 Mar 2018 4:11 pm

Hi there, just gt called for the first interview! Any one has any experience on how isit and what questions they will ask?

magicb

Post by magicb » Thu, 15 Mar 2018 10:16 pm

@Jauss

The interview will be a panel interview with 3 people. If I remember correctly it's 2 bosses and 1 HR. The questions they ask should be quite standard, like why do you want to join, what do you know about the job, how do you deal with problems etc. Don't worry about not knowing much because many people don't understand the aspects of ATC before joining so they won't expect you to have a deep understanding of the work. Of course it will still be good for you to read up before the interview, and since CAAS has been aggressively marketing ATC for the last few years there's quite a lot of material in the news.

kenrick

Post by kenrick » Thu, 15 Mar 2018 10:52 pm

Jauss wrote:Hi there, just gt called for the first interview! Any one has any experience on how isit and what questions they will ask?
Hi if you don't mind, can I ask when did you apply? Have you sat for the aptitude test?

Jauss

Post by Jauss » Fri, 16 Mar 2018 9:47 am

kenrick wrote:
Jauss wrote:Hi there, just gt called for the first interview! Any one has any experience on how isit and what questions they will ask?
Hi if you don't mind, can I ask when did you apply? Have you sat for the aptitude test?
I applied on 5th Feb, sat for the test somewhere in March!

Jauss

Post by Jauss » Fri, 16 Mar 2018 9:47 am

magicb wrote:@Jauss

The interview will be a panel interview with 3 people. If I remember correctly it's 2 bosses and 1 HR. The questions they ask should be quite standard, like why do you want to join, what do you know about the job, how do you deal with problems etc. Don't worry about not knowing much because many people don't understand the aspects of ATC before joining so they won't expect you to have a deep understanding of the work. Of course it will still be good for you to read up before the interview, and since CAAS has been aggressively marketing ATC for the last few years there's quite a lot of material in the news.
How was the atmosphere like? Did you pass the interview?

magicb

Post by magicb » Fri, 16 Mar 2018 1:48 pm

Jauss wrote:
Yup I cleared everything. It's like a normal interview atmosphere I guess? The interviewers won't try to eat you up from my experience. Apart from judging your suitability, they just want to know how interested you are in the job. They can be quite nice even if they don't seem like it at first. Don't worry!

Jauss

Post by Jauss » Fri, 16 Mar 2018 1:50 pm

magicb wrote:
Jauss wrote:
Yup I cleared everything. It's like a normal interview atmosphere I guess? The interviewers won't try to eat you up from my experience. Apart from judging your suitability, they just want to know how interested you are in the job. They can be quite nice even if they don't seem like it at first. Don't worry!
Alright thanks!

Jauss

Post by Jauss » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 9:06 am

magicb wrote:
Jauss wrote:
Hi Magicb,

Is it right to say that only a handful gets to be selected for the first interview? And if I think I did well for the first interview, the chances of getting in is high?

magicb

Post by magicb » Tue, 20 Mar 2018 5:27 pm

I can't give you a positive answer because I don't have the statistics, but I guess if you clear the first interview you should have more than a 50% chance in. Quite a lot of people get chopped after the apt test. Just up to you whether you have the interest to continue through.