Singapore Expats Forum

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Jauss
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 15 Mar 2018

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby Jauss » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 3:47 pm

magicb wrote:I can't give you a positive answer because I don't have the statistics, but I guess if you clear the first interview you should have more than a 50% chance in. Quite a lot of people get chopped after the apt test. Just up to you whether you have the interest to continue through.

Hey magicb, just completed my first interview and I think I did relatively OK, aced the voice test though. Just wanted to check what's the rough lead time to know the outcome of the first interview?

magicb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 05 Sep 2015

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby magicb » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 4:43 pm

Give it a week or two. If they don't get back you can give the HR a call or email them. They should call you down for the orientation if you cleared the first interview.

Jauss
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 15 Mar 2018

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby Jauss » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:47 am

magicb wrote:Give it a week or two. If they don't get back you can give the HR a call or email them. They should call you down for the orientation if you cleared the first interview.

How would they inform if I'm not selected, will they call or email me?

wendytsy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2018

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby wendytsy » Sat, 24 Mar 2018 10:29 am

Hi! I went for the apt test a few weeks back, and my current status is shortlisted. But I have not received any calls/emails from the HR.. Does anyone know how long do they usually get back to us?

kenrick
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 05 Mar 2018

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby kenrick » Sat, 24 Mar 2018 3:01 pm

I applied end of February but to date have not received an invitation to sit for the aptitude test. Is there still a chance?

nineteenninetytwo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 09 Mar 2018

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby nineteenninetytwo » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 1:51 pm

wendytsy wrote:Hi! I went for the apt test a few weeks back, and my current status is shortlisted. But I have not received any calls/emails from the HR.. Does anyone know how long do they usually get back to us?


Hi wendytsy! I received a call from Christina yesterday. Has the HR called you yet?

wendytsy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2018

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby wendytsy » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 2:25 pm

@nine
nineteenninetytwo wrote:
wendytsy wrote:Hi! I went for the apt test a few weeks back, and my current status is shortlisted. But I have not received any calls/emails from the HR.. Does anyone know how long do they usually get back to us?


Hi wendytsy! I received a call from Christina yesterday. Has the HR called you yet?


No... When did you go for your apt test?? I hope I receive her call soon!

Lighted
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 05 Aug 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby Lighted » Fri, 06 Apr 2018 6:25 pm

Jauss wrote:
magicb wrote:Give it a week or two. If they don't get back you can give the HR a call or email them. They should call you down for the orientation if you cleared the first interview.

How would they inform if I'm not selected, will they call or email me?


They will give you a call inviting you down for orientation

Lighted
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 05 Aug 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby Lighted » Fri, 06 Apr 2018 6:26 pm

kenrick wrote:I applied end of February but to date have not received an invitation to sit for the aptitude test. Is there still a chance?


Yes there is still a chance. You could try reapplying in May if they still have not gotten back to you by then

Lighted
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 05 Aug 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby Lighted » Fri, 06 Apr 2018 6:28 pm

wendytsy wrote:Hi! I went for the apt test a few weeks back, and my current status is shortlisted. But I have not received any calls/emails from the HR.. Does anyone know how long do they usually get back to us?


If possible, you can try contacting HR to ask for an update for your situation. If you are shortlisted, you will likely be invited for an orientation to SATCC and SAA

Lighted
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 05 Aug 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby Lighted » Fri, 06 Apr 2018 6:29 pm

Lighted wrote:
Jauss wrote:
magicb wrote:Give it a week or two. If they don't get back you can give the HR a call or email them. They should call you down for the orientation if you cleared the first interview.

How would they inform if I'm not selected, will they call or email me?


They will give you a call inviting you down for orientation


and if you are NOT selected. There is a chance, they will just not give you any call or email.

wendytsy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2018

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby wendytsy » Sat, 07 Apr 2018 5:31 pm

Lighted wrote:
wendytsy wrote:Hi! I went for the apt test a few weeks back, and my current status is shortlisted. But I have not received any calls/emails from the HR.. Does anyone know how long do they usually get back to us?


If possible, you can try contacting HR to ask for an update for your situation. If you are shortlisted, you will likely be invited for an orientation to SATCC and SAA


Took your advice and called up the HR, and she told me to wait for their call for the first interview, despite my friend attending the test later than me and getting the call for the interview just one week after his test ....
Thanks for the info anyway :)

Lighted
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 05 Aug 2017

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby Lighted » Sat, 07 Apr 2018 6:31 pm

wendytsy wrote:
Lighted wrote:
wendytsy wrote:Hi! I went for the apt test a few weeks back, and my current status is shortlisted. But I have not received any calls/emails from the HR.. Does anyone know how long do they usually get back to us?


If possible, you can try contacting HR to ask for an update for your situation. If you are shortlisted, you will likely be invited for an orientation to SATCC and SAA


Took your advice and called up the HR, and she told me to wait for their call for the first interview, despite my friend attending the test later than me and getting the call for the interview just one week after his test ....
Thanks for the info anyway :)


I see, did you call up Pristine? :)
well.. the good news is that she said to wait for their call? so maybe you made it in? How interested are you in being an ATCO? and why do you want to be one? if you don't mind me asking

wendytsy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 24 Mar 2018

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby wendytsy » Sat, 07 Apr 2018 8:49 pm

Lighted wrote:
wendytsy wrote:
Lighted wrote:
If possible, you can try contacting HR to ask for an update for your situation. If you are shortlisted, you will likely be invited for an orientation to SATCC and SAA


Took your advice and called up the HR, and she told me to wait for their call for the first interview, despite my friend attending the test later than me and getting the call for the interview just one week after his test ....
Thanks for the info anyway :)


I see, did you call up Pristine? :)
well.. the good news is that she said to wait for their call? so maybe you made it in? How interested are you in being an ATCO? and why do you want to be one? if you don't mind me asking


Nope, Christina was the one that contacted me for the apt test so I called her for an update.
ATCO has always been a dream job for since I was a kid, and I've always loved the aviation industry. So the fact that I'm so getting closer and closer to realizing this dream is really a surreal feeling haha, and I really do hope I get to have an interview to share with them about my passion and how much I really want to be an ATCO :D

errena35
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 14 May 2018

Re: Air traffic controller

Postby errena35 » Mon, 14 May 2018 4:02 pm

Lighted wrote:
wendytsy wrote:
Lighted wrote:
If possible, you can try contacting HR to ask for an update for your situation. If you are shortlisted, you will likely be invited for an orientation to SATCC and SAA


Took your advice and called up the HR, and she told me to wait for their call for the first interview, despite my friend attending the test later than me and getting the call for the interview just one week after his test ....
Thanks for the info anyway :)


I see, did you call up Pristine? :)
well.. the good news is that she said to wait for their call? so maybe you made it in? How interested are you in being an ATCO? and why do you want to be one? if you don't mind me asking

hi how's the aptitude test?? what is it about


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests