Singapore Expats

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Funnybunnypyo

Re: Air traffic controller

Post by Funnybunnypyo » Mon, 07 Aug 2017 1:01 pm

Ahboy25, what time did your theory class start and end for the 1st phase of training?

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Mon, 07 Aug 2017 5:38 pm

Funnybunnypyo wrote:Ahboy25, what time did your theory class start and end for the 1st phase of training?
Primary course is the honeymoon period, officially end work at 530? But... you'll find out when you start the course hahaha

Wanneone4eva

Post by Wanneone4eva » Fri, 11 Aug 2017 1:28 pm

Goodluck to all those applying or still under training. Everything in SAA is the honeymoon period. OJT is where things start to get real and challenging. Can range from minimum 3 months up to a year (maybe less now) before termination. So have to be on your toes all the time.

Pay wise you get your basic salary during SAA training and OJT. After being rated, you get additional % operational allowance. The withheld bonuses during the training period will be given after you get rated (ie. Passed OJT and all the necessary checks). Can be quite a decent sum.

Just remember ATC is not all fun and games. It's a serious job so don't join for the "glamour" (if any).

Cheers.

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Fri, 11 Aug 2017 3:52 pm

Good luck to the next batch coming in soon!

Donny_19

Post by Donny_19 » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:04 am

Hi there, anyone applied for the 2018 feb intake? application started on 5th sep 2017. I have been waiting since 5th sep haha!

ahboy25
Regular
Regular

Post by ahboy25 » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 6:41 am

Going to be a while haha

Donny_19

Post by Donny_19 » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:57 pm

Alright! Thanks there! Haha

ATCOapplicant

Post by ATCOapplicant » Thu, 12 Oct 2017 8:40 am

Anyone went for the aptitude test/interview yet?

notanexpat

Post by notanexpat » Sun, 22 Oct 2017 11:36 pm

not much local information and discussions online regarding this position. thankfully found it in an expat forum of all places :lol:

went for the aptitude and personality test recently. now just waiting patiently. goodluck to those who are currently applying:)

iamnotatc

Post by iamnotatc » Tue, 24 Oct 2017 9:48 am

Althru i am not an ATC as I got a job before receiving the call to go for 1st round of interview.

but my application was as followed:

Applied during job fair in mid-Feb 2017
Received email to go for aptitude test during mid-Mar
Go for the test on 28 Mar
Received call to go for 1st round of interview on 2nd wk of Apr

Interestingly, my application status online is still shortlisted.

editor

Post by editor » Tue, 24 Oct 2017 5:15 pm

Just throwing it out there what I know and what I feel.

Yes, there is not much information on the application process. However information about the role is aplenty. Online and here.

What I know:
Getting selected to go for an aptitude test is based on qualifications. Getting selected for an interview or even for the role is only loosely based on the results of the aptitude test.

What I feel:
I feel that having strong results for the aptitude test does not give an applicant a stronger edge. In times when there is a shortfall, they'd just shortlist and select you despite your mediocre score. When there is a surplus of applicants, they start profiling applicants. If you fit their profile you get in. It is not "all walks of life". I feel that there are those who do better in the tests not getting in, because they do not fit their profiling.
Last edited by editor on Sun, 04 Feb 2018 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

notanexpat

Post by notanexpat » Tue, 24 Oct 2017 7:34 pm

thanks for sharing your insights @editor and @imnotatc. its good to be hearing more opinions about this role. @editor are you currently an applicant or are you already an atco? im just trying this role out for a change of job environment and hopefully better job security. from reading prior posts understand that things are kept quite under wraps. i guess its understandable given the position. if im not wrong those that are currently going for the aptitude/personality/1st interview/2nd interview/healthcheckups are scheduled to for the feb/march 2018 batch?

kaakefish

Post by kaakefish » Thu, 26 Oct 2017 11:50 am

notanexpat wrote:not much local information and discussions online regarding this position. thankfully found it in an expat forum of all places :lol:

went for the aptitude and personality test recently. now just waiting patiently. goodluck to those who are currently applying:)
ATCOapplicant wrote:Anyone went for the aptitude test/interview yet?
Donny_19 wrote:Alright! Thanks there! Haha
I too went for the aptitude test early this month, I think now we're waiting for all the applicants to do their aptitude/personality tests, only then that the HR (christina i presume) will process the "data" and start shortlisting from there. I guess we're all playing the waiting game until we hear from them!

ATCOapplicant

Post by ATCOapplicant » Mon, 06 Nov 2017 9:02 am

Just saw the status of my application changed to 'Unsuccessful'. #-o Good luck to the rest of you!

kaakefish

Post by kaakefish » Mon, 06 Nov 2017 9:50 am

ATCOapplicant wrote:Just saw the status of my application changed to 'Unsuccessful'. #-o Good luck to the rest of you!
oh man, i hope you re-apply in the future if you're really interested!