Singapore Expats

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
errena35

Re: Air traffic controller

Post by errena35 » Mon, 14 May 2018 4:03 pm

Jauss wrote:
magicb wrote:I can't give you a positive answer because I don't have the statistics, but I guess if you clear the first interview you should have more than a 50% chance in. Quite a lot of people get chopped after the apt test. Just up to you whether you have the interest to continue through.
Hey magicb, just completed my first interview and I think I did relatively OK, aced the voice test though. Just wanted to check what's the rough lead time to know the outcome of the first interview?
hi what's the voice test about? what do u need to do?

Atcwannabe2

Post by Atcwannabe2 » Thu, 17 May 2018 6:20 am

I went for my first round of interview last week. I was one of the last interviewees for that day. The interview sessions really short and the interviewers look bored. Just received an email from them that my application was no successful.

Did anyone else failed their first interview as well? Is it possible to reapply? I am looking to reapply for the next year Feb intake.

Atcwannabe2

Re:

Post by Atcwannabe2 » Thu, 17 May 2018 6:33 am

nightw0rld wrote:H everyone, I applied for the atco position last year but did not get through the panel interview (though I passed the aptitude test). Do you guys know if caas hr will still consider a re-application (after almost one yr after first application)?
Hello! Did you manage to reapply again! ](*,)

kenrick

Post by kenrick » Fri, 18 May 2018 1:20 pm

Atcwannabe2 wrote:I went for my first round of interview last week. I was one of the last interviewees for that day. The interview sessions really short and the interviewers look bored. Just received an email from them that my application was no successful.

Did anyone else failed their first interview as well? Is it possible to reapply? I am looking to reapply for the next year Feb intake.
What do you suppose your reasons for failing the interview are? I haven't got a request to interview yet :(

Lighted

Post by Lighted » Fri, 18 May 2018 11:18 pm

Atcwannabe2 wrote:I went for my first round of interview last week. I was one of the last interviewees for that day. The interview sessions really short and the interviewers look bored. Just received an email from them that my application was no successful.

Yes it is possible to reapply after failing your first interview. I know controllers who have failed their first interview and applied later on successfully.

Atcwannabe2

Post by Atcwannabe2 » Sat, 19 May 2018 9:26 am

Lighted wrote:

Yes it is possible to reapply after failing your first interview. I know controllers who have failed their first interview and applied later on successfully.

Thank you for your reply! Good to know that there's still hope for me! What are your tips for the interview? I have no idea why I have failed the interview. I think i did alright for the voice test.

Atcwannabe2

Post by Atcwannabe2 » Sat, 19 May 2018 9:28 am

kenrick wrote:

What do you suppose your reasons for failing the interview are? I haven't got a request to interview yet :(
I have no idea why i failed the interview hahaha. the interviewers just looked bored when interviewing me. [-X

Maybe you can drop an email to the HR to enquire about your status? I received a call from them about 2 weeks after I took the test.

Lighted

Post by Lighted » Sat, 19 May 2018 10:21 am

Honestly, I have no idea how one passes the first interview. Friends who I think would have been good ATCOs have also been unsuccessful at your stage.

I don't really know what their deciding criterias are, but unfortunately, interviews are largely based on first impressions and presentation.

So my advice would be to work better at representing yourself and your interest in the job.

grandza

Post by grandza » Fri, 25 May 2018 3:06 pm

I applied for the ATC position on 26th April and still have not received any news to do the aptitude test. Do yall think i still stand a chance?? :? How long is the wait normally?? ANYONE ELSE WAITING AS WELL????
Last edited by grandza on Mon, 04 Jun 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adlg

Post by adlg » Mon, 28 May 2018 3:42 pm

As a CAAS ATC, is there still the subsidy for getting a CAAS PPL? If so, what's the percentage subsidised?

I love aviation and flying so would be a bonus to be subsidised given how expensive it is to get a PPL!

Lighted

Post by Lighted » Mon, 28 May 2018 4:15 pm

adlg wrote:As a CAAS ATC, is there still the subsidy for getting a CAAS PPL? If so, what's the percentage subsidised?

I love aviation and flying so would be a bonus to be subsidised given how expensive it is to get a PPL!
Yes there is a subsidy for getting a PPL, 90% will be sponsored by the company once you have passed your first rating. Upon getting your PPL, the sponsorship will be reduced to 50%.

lohben

Post by lohben » Sat, 16 Jun 2018 12:02 pm

Anyone still here? Interested to sign up as an ATCO but need some advise!!

grandza

Post by grandza » Mon, 25 Jun 2018 9:01 pm

Anybody went for the final interview before that can give me some info on what to expect for it?

kenrick

Post by kenrick » Tue, 07 Aug 2018 10:36 am

Anyone know what's the current salary for trainees now?

poptartar

Post by poptartar » Fri, 07 Sep 2018 11:05 am

Anyone applied this September for the Feb intake?
I applied, got called under two weeks, test on Monday.
Looking for support buddies. Haha.

Anyone else in the same boat? :shock: