Singapore Expats

Air traffic controller

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pantss

Post by pantss » Mon, 10 Mar 2014 9:03 pm

Wow thanks for the quick reply.

Do you mind telling me about the voice test? Is there a listening test as well?

If there's the listening test I wonder if its voice recordings of actual radio chatter.

phoebegoh

Post by phoebegoh » Mon, 10 Mar 2014 9:12 pm

Yes there is a voice test. Just have to read out a short paragraph given by them.

Hearing test is done during your health assessment which is after all the interviews and after you signed the letter of appointment. They are just checking your sense of hearing so no, you won't be hearing voice recordings but instead just beeps of different frequency; kinda like the ones we do back in pri school.

Feel free to ask any questions :)

pantss

Post by pantss » Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:19 pm

thank you soooo much!

what about the interviews and how long are them? are they out to kill? (e.g. tell my your failures/your biggest fears) or would it be more of a chit-chat session?

phoebegoh

Post by phoebegoh » Mon, 17 Mar 2014 7:29 pm

Definitely not out to kill. It's more for them to know more about you and your fit with this job I guess. Truth be told it was more like a Q&A session because I asked so many questions and they were nice and patient in replying. Essentially it was quite a good chat with them so not to worry. The only part I didn't enjoy about the interviews is that I always have to wait for an hour or more before it's my turn to go in haha.

nightw0rld

Post by nightw0rld » Sat, 12 Apr 2014 1:34 pm

H everyone, I applied for the atco position last year but did not get through the panel interview (though I passed the aptitude test). Do you guys know if caas hr will still consider a re-application (after almost one yr after first application)?

yirisjun

Participants with ATC knowledge needed!

Post by yirisjun » Mon, 29 Sep 2014 2:03 am

Hello, I am currently working on my Final Year Project in NTU on Air Traffic Controlling. I am recruiting participants for my experiment and it will be a paid participation.

The details are below:

Participants are needed for the study of “Human Factors Evaluation of Conflict Resolution Aid in Future Air Traffic Control”

epitome

Re: Air traffic controller

Post by epitome » Thu, 13 Aug 2015 1:04 am

Hi,

Its been long since there's any activity in this thread.
I just like to ask how's the salary like as for now?
And how's the aptitude test like? What do I need to know and study?

Thanks.
Really hope someone could help clear my doubts. (:

magicb

Post by magicb » Sat, 05 Sep 2015 3:11 pm

Hello epitome, I recently applied for this post and have been through part of the application process. The salary is fixed depending on your educational qualification and the minimum to apply is a diploma. Don't know if I'm allowed to share but generally it's on the higher side because of shift work and the amount of stress involved on the job.

As for the aptitude test, there's no way of studying or preparing for it. Like it says, it's an aptitude test; you either have it or you don't. It's ~2-3 hours long and tests things like your memory, thought process etc. so if you want to prepare for it, get enough rest the day before.

Provided you pass at every stage, after the aptitude test you will go for a first panel interview, an orientation of the facilities, and a final panel interview. Hope I helped :)

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Mon, 23 Nov 2015 4:12 pm

Hi,

I have recently applied for this position too. Anyone has applied and gotten a reply from HR?

What r the intakes period? Is it still apr and oct?

mcflaren

Post by mcflaren » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 5:39 pm

i have been applying for this job for 2 years and finally has the test arranged this Thursday.
i applied on 16th nov and received a call on nov 30th to come for the test on 3/12.

i played the games on this site, http://www.nats.aero/careers/trainee-ai ... ers/games/
could it prepare me for the test?

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 5:42 pm

Oh! I applied on the 24th Nov. Actually i applied on 20th but withdraw as i forgot 1 detail. Hopfully u do well for it

mcflaren

Post by mcflaren » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 5:43 pm

oh! could you share the detail that u missed?

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 5:45 pm

Asking for what career aspirations etc.

mcflaren

Post by mcflaren » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 5:47 pm

alright thanks man

jtzw1988

Post by jtzw1988 » Tue, 01 Dec 2015 5:50 pm

You mentioned that you have been applying for 2 years only now then u got a reply?