Singapore Expats Forum

The Old Bus Falling Over Trick

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

kiwileon

The Old Bus Falling Over Trick

Postby kiwileon » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 3:23 pm

Is it possible for a double decker bus to have an accident and fall over, (as happens so often in the movies) without a single injury? :o As a flesh and blood human, I would have thought that there would have been at least the odd bruise.

Or are all the DD's padded on the inside just in case? - That makes sense now that I think about it.

And with the odd taxi jumping onto pedestrians and killing them, should there be a review of public transport driver competence in general?

Only asking as this all happened in the last two days, just after my son's school bus was in an accident and I saw another van lying on its side on a straight piece of road.

How can we all help to improve the road safety here?

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 3:43 pm

Double decker buses are tested for a tilt tolerance anything over that is human error or really dangerous driving. When somebody is awarded a driving license driving it is up to them to drive safely.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 7:38 pm

anything vehicle can topple over, just some will be worst than other. this is known as the elk test.

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Postby phil30k » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 3:01 pm

durain wrote:anything vehicle can topple over, just some will be worst than other. this is known as the elk test.

I remember the old days when they had double decker buses on sentosa that used to speed around corners.

Sitting on the upper deck was one way of getting an adrenaline rush.