Singapore Expats Forum

Cheerful mornings

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Cheerful mornings

Postby ozchick » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 7:39 pm

Does anyone else wake up in the morning saying to themselves:
"This is NOT happening ! I just can't do this " etc.
Lately the sentence has included all sorts of expletives that aren't normally in my vocabulary ! Like - "bottom!"
Nah, but seriously, this going to work gig is really getting me down. And by the time I get home again it's time to go to bed again......and don't tell me to go running in the morning. I can hardly go running when I'm busy walking into walls and trying to find the shower-tap without turning the light on !
Sigh....is this old age ? How does one face up to the morning more cheerfully ?
And please if YOU also feel the same as I do, would you tell me so cos then I won't feel so alone......yawn.....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Splatted » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 7:59 pm

three words for you: Robert Timms Coffee :P

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 8:13 pm

tired...

road.not.taken
Editor
Editor

Re: Cheerful mornings

Postby road.not.taken » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 8:17 pm

ozchick wrote:Does anyone else wake up in the morning saying to themselves:
"This is NOT happening ! I just can't do this " etc.
Lately the sentence has included all sorts of expletives that aren't normally in my vocabulary ! Like - "bottom!"
Nah, but seriously, this going to work gig is really getting me down. And by the time I get home again it's time to go to bed again......and don't tell me to go running in the morning. I can hardly go running when I'm busy walking into walls and trying to find the shower-tap without turning the light on !
And please if YOU also feel the same as I do, would you tell me so cos then I won't feel so alone......yawn.....

I wake up every morning full of life, bouncing out of bed with a huge smile on my face and a consciousness brimming over with the opportunities each day offers. I kid you not. It doesn't hurt that we have a fantastic coffee maker which grinds and brews cappuccinos. I am a morning person, I'm not sure why, my Mother wrote the book on it -- perhaps that's it. When I need to put myself in a 'happy place' I think of our farm at home, when I would get up at dawn and walk the meadows, pick Queen Anne's lace by the arm full, and watch the sunrise, sipping coffee on the rocker on the back porch and listen to the birds greet the day. Magic.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Cheerful mornings

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 8:34 pm

road.not.taken wrote:I wake up every morning full of life, bouncing out of bed

If I do that I find myself picking myself up off the floor as my knees are crook. Actually I wake up full of life as well, then about 30 seconds later I realize I'm still in Singapore and my heart sinks to it's normal low.

Unlike you, I've never been a morning person. Maybe it's because in my youth, morning mean 3:30 am and milking 150 head of Holsteins before breakfast. I like sunrises but only just before retiring for the evening. :mrgreen:

Bouncing out of bed? Wait till your 60! :P :wink:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 9:15 pm

And please if YOU also feel the same as I do, would you tell me so cos then I won't feel so alone......yawn

Tell me about it! I used to be late for school every morning, I was also late every other day in the construction industry too, had the nickname KIP, because I used to doze off, because i'd been up all night chasing skirt!.

! never made the morning parades in the Army either, I used to be fined a weeks wages quite often, before they gave up becuase it didn't help, beautiful females' were my downfall, keeping me up all night long, playing Romeo and Juliet.

It was so bad, my mates had to tip me out of the bed, to do a forced compulsory run at 4 a.m.

Half the time i was still under the influence, and never took work as a serious occupation, until i realised, it was safer than women! Frank Sinatra had nothing on me, well only his voice that is! :wink:

So No! your not alone...Although I do love the morning day breaks too, I see them on my way to bed quite often..

The older one gets, the harder it gets, if one doesn't take time out, to get a good sleep...that's my biggest problem, there just isn't enough hours in a day, for me to do, all i want to do.

Although i don't chase the birds much longer, my life is quite full of hobbies, and interesting things for me to do, so I don't like sleep....and when i finally do sleep, i hate waking up!

I can normally manage on 4 hrs sleep, I'm never grumpy, but need breakfast and coffee, and a couple of good looking Ozchicks to look at, to make my day! :)

It's all about priorities really, duty and responsibilities comes first, if its important, get them out of the way first.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:05 pm

Ksl,

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

To think you were assigned a major role in the defence of the United Kingdom.......................... [-X :P Hope you sobered up by the time you collected your rifle and got to the firing range who knows just what you might have shot - the commanding officer maybe? :shock:

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 9:40 am

Same - I wake up and am immediately saddened that I am still in Thailand and whenever something gies right it is inevitably followed by a downer from the locals.

:?
- Thank God for Darwin -

girlabsolut

Postby girlabsolut » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 1:58 am

You are not alone. I think all of us have days when we feel like shit. But most of the time, I hope we wake up excited about what the new day has to offer for us.

I always look forward to finish my job so I can have an after-work drink. Anything to motivate me to get out of the bed.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 3:24 am

girlabsolut wrote:You are not alone. I think all of us have days when we feel like shit. But most of the time, I hope we wake up excited about what the new day has to offer for us.

I always look forward to finish my job so I can have an after-work drink. Anything to motivate me to get out of the bed.

Anything to motivate me to get into bed :wink: Don't say the wife :mad: She takes all the room up, by the time i get there!

I am always the last to crawl on my hands and knees to the pit, afraid that if i close my eyes, i may miss something, what i have no idea, But I do know, I will have to start forcing myself to go to bed soon, otherwise I'll be getting wrinkles :wink:

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 3:41 am

me never a morning person especially during the weekdays. then at the weekend, i wake up early thinking i have to go to work!!!

girlabsolut

Postby girlabsolut » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:35 pm

ksl wrote:
girlabsolut wrote:You are not alone. I think all of us have days when we feel like shit. But most of the time, I hope we wake up excited about what the new day has to offer for us.

Anything to motivate me to get into bed :wink: Don't say the wife :mad: She takes all the room up, by the time i get there!

I am always the last to crawl on my hands and knees to the pit, afraid that if i close my eyes, i may miss something, what i have no idea, But I do know, I will have to start forcing myself to go to bed soon, otherwise I'll be getting wrinkles :wink:

Well, think of it in a positive light - at least you are not going to bed alone! =]

Sleep < Wrinkles.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 1:51 pm

i sleep with my bolster. :P :D

maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby maneo » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 8:52 pm

cutiebutie wrote:Same - I wake up and am immediately saddened that I am still in Thailand and whenever something gies right it is inevitably followed by a downer from the locals.

:?

Why don't you just leave if you don't like it there?

You'll never have cheerful mornings if you don't like where you are.

Forks
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Forks » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 9:38 pm

Weekdays getting up is no problem but on the weekends its the other way around.