Singapore Expats Forum

Newly Arrived Mum Seeks Mates

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
britchick

Newly Arrived Mum Seeks Mates

Postby britchick » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 9:44 pm

Hello -

My daughter (10 months) and I (30 something) have been in Singapore for about a month. Living on the East Coast, both missing our mates from back home (U.K) and still a bit bemused.

Looking for similarly unhinged slummy mummies and their gorgeous offspring for play dates, coffee, exploring, letting hair down, gossip, moaning about husbands etc etc.

If you can help with any of the above we'd love to hear from you.
I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour.

ffsgrelier
Regular
Regular

stay at home mum

Postby ffsgrelier » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 1:16 pm

sounds good ....
Am very centrally located myself but have a playgoup on the go if you are interested to meet more people you'd be most welcome to come and join us next time. Nothing is very far in Singapore.

My youngest is 9 months old and always enjoys meeting new buddies .
Another mum in group lives on east coast too.
You can pm me your email details and i'll keep you posted that way.
Welcome to Singapore.
Frederique

britchick

Postby britchick » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 2:09 pm

Hi Frederique

Thanks for your reply. Would love to join your group next time you meet. We're happy coming into town - seems to be where the action is!

I can't pm you - I haven't made enough posts. Can you pm me your email and do it that way - or I'll just have to have to post a conversation with myself til I reach the required number!

Hope to see you soon

Sarah

familyof5
Chatter
Chatter

Postby familyof5 » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 3:51 pm

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... highlight=

check out this thread.....the more the merrier!

ffsgrelier
Regular
Regular

hi

Postby ffsgrelier » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 6:06 pm

hi Sarah
sorry couldn' t sem to pm you, screen going all weird on me. will try again tomorrow
take care
Frederique

britchick

Postby britchick » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 7:28 pm

Thanks for the tip familyof5. Weekday eve's diff at the mo - my husband currently working European hours and haven't organised babysitter yet. However, I'll keep and eye on the thread and hope to join you at some point for lunch maybe.

While I think of it - is there such a thing as an occasional babysitter in Singapore? Still undecided about the live in helper issue and in the mean time ..... Any tips appreciated.

Frederique - Hope to hear from you tomorrow.

Sarah

familyof5
Chatter
Chatter

Postby familyof5 » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 9:10 am

you could check out the classifides section on this website for part time babysitters.

i had a brilliant babysitter when i first arrived, but she's gone back to uni.

we have lucked out with our helper. she is brilliant. i chose a live in as my 3 kids are still very young. though the only time she takes care of them without me is at night if we go out to dinner, and they are sleepig.

i've also PMd you. :D

TSJ

Postby TSJ » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:08 am

Hi, i do the occassional babysitting, but am available only mon to wed day n nights at the moment. Im teaching the rest of the week n weekend nights. Let me know if you are interested.

Jane

Estee73

Increase Circle of Galfriends

Postby Estee73 » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 1:59 pm

Hello Britchick,

Live in the East too. Siglap Area. Lived away for some time. On a new job now.

Single, working and looking to increase circle of gal friends in 30s.

Give me a buzz if want to gather around for coffee.

Cheers..........

rosborn
Regular
Regular

Postby rosborn » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 7:11 pm

Hi gals,
I have also newly arrived from Australia (last week!) and would love to arrange a play-date. I am in a similar boat Britchick with hubbie here for work and my mates all back in Sydney.
Frederique, I too am Central/Clarke Quay so if you gals are catching up sometime soon I would love to join you.
My daughter, Eva is 21mo and she loves to play and has been missing her usual play-dates.javascript:emoticon(':(')
I am new to this site and unable yet to PM and I can be reached on renata.osborn@gmail.com. Would love to hear from you!

Cheers, Renata

Milla

Postby Milla » Mon, 31 Mar 2008 4:35 am

Hi all :wave:

We'll soon be in Singapore too! (now in Stockholm, Sweden) I would love to get to know some other moms who are currently at home with their kids, like you. And my boys would love to meet some new little friends :) (one is soon 2 yrs, and one is soon 6 months) If you make a 'play group', please let me know!

To begin with/during the spring we'll stay in a service apt which is centrally located.

/ C.

tao ping

Postby tao ping » Tue, 22 Apr 2008 2:42 pm

hi,being singapore almost 6 months,hardly have any friend of my own,hub is at work :-|,so if any mum wants join us (me and my 2-year old son) with our daily walk to the east coast park, will be extremely :D.
we are living in the siglap.

cheers
silktao

franchy
Regular
Regular

meeting....

Postby franchy » Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:31 pm

Hi all,

Would love to join you for a meeting... i have a 2 years old boy and a 5 weeks boy.

please update me where and when! Thanks!

pink76

Postby pink76 » Wed, 21 May 2008 9:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is still going on but I am a local Singaporean in my early 30s with 2 children below 1 year and I would love to meet some new people with whom I can interact.

I have recently taken some time off from work to look after my kids full time but later realised that I can't do that 24-7. I would love to go out and meet some new people to make friends with.

If any of you are meeting up please let me know if I could join you.

Cheers!
Pink

Hildegard

Postby Hildegard » Thu, 22 May 2008 11:32 am

hey Everyone,

Im working as a nanny here in Singapore, for an Aus/American family who have a 9 month old boy. would love to meet up for playdates, as my boss would like for her son to start being around other children. if anyone is interested, my email is steveandheidi@singnet.com.sg.
The family i work for live on the east coast.
btw, im 29/Australian.

cheers.