Singapore Expats Forum

Mandarin language exchange partner required

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Rosh

try community centres

Postby Rosh » Mon, 10 Mar 2008 7:33 pm

If you really want to learn conversational Mandarin there are a lot of such evening courses available in community centres across Singapore. I know the one near to mine in Jurong have a number of classes and it is not that expensive about $ 10 for a one hour class.

Are you guys really looking for language learning or ..... :???: :lol:

PA Jade

Offer Mandarin help

Postby PA Jade » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 4:07 pm

Hi Andrew & others

If you are still keen about learning Mandarin, maybe I can help. I am keen to practise English too. I am in Singapore and reply me if you are interested. Thanks! Jade :)

PA Jade

Hey Andrew

Postby PA Jade » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:37 pm

Thanks for your PM, I am not allowed to send yet. Ya, we should get together to chat. How do I reach you?

Lawr200688

Mandarin - English Language Exchange

Postby Lawr200688 » Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:22 am

Hi, I urgently need to improve my Chinese (am at advanced level) and am looking for a PRC national who might be able to help by simply speaking with me. I would be happy to teach English in exchange, or even review written materials for student types. Scheduling is very flexible for me. I suggest about 1 hour sessions.

I can also pay a modest amount for Chinese lessons if the language exchange does not seem practical. I will be responsible for study materials and topics. Thank you.

janylzr

Postby janylzr » Sat, 15 Mar 2008 5:19 pm

Im a native Chinese and have been Singapore 4 more than 4 yrs, now working as an auditor. I think I'd like to teach anybody standard Mandarine and u will see the result. The only problem is im quite busy so how we meet up?
but nervertheless, u can contact me @91153959

felicityue

language exchange

Postby felicityue » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 8:43 pm

hi there, i am a native Chinese and doing my master's in one local university here.. i want to improve my English. if you are interested in language exchange, feel free to add me @ vivien.sg@hotmail.com and we can decide what the best time to meet up and the frequency..

yuji
Regular
Regular

Postby yuji » Sun, 16 Mar 2008 10:07 pm

hi i think we have enuf ppl to form a small group for the language exchange. It time to call up a gathering and decide how we can start the program :-)

Lawr200688

Postby Lawr200688 » Wed, 19 Mar 2008 9:48 am

Thanks for your responses above.

Yuji is correct ... a group approach to learning might be a good idea. I would be happy to participate and practice with the group. My level is fairly advanced (I say that I am fluent :)), I think it would be good for all levels. ...it's useful just get together to speak.

I have no experience organising something like this, but perhaps I could propose a meeting place and time which is convenient to those wishing to participate. .. How about next week?

yuji
Regular
Regular

Postby yuji » Thu, 20 Mar 2008 1:11 pm

it sound good to me

PA Jade

Hi Andrew

Postby PA Jade » Fri, 21 Mar 2008 6:48 pm

Hello Andrew, thanks for your message and email but I have problem with it. Is it andrew_j_cox2002@yahoo.co.uk , is it an i or j in the centre? Please clarify. Jade

jadehung@live.com

thanks

hamamatsu1999

Postby hamamatsu1999 » Fri, 21 Mar 2008 9:29 pm

Hi,

I have discovered a blog http://blogdjh.blogspot.com/ where they provide resources, information as well as courses in learning Mandarin. It is pretty new with only 2 entries but I guess it will have updates regularly and we can learning Mandarin from there.

cheers

SillyDoggie

Re: Mandarin language exchange partner required

Postby SillyDoggie » Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:35 pm

andrewcox wrote:Hi, I'm looking to improve my Chinese Mandarin.

I can offer English language in exchange!

Andrew

Hi have you found your partner already?
If not yet you might want to consider me.
I'm a native Madanrin speaker.
I live in western area, near Bukit Timah CC.
PM me if you are interested! :wink:

yuji
Regular
Regular

Postby yuji » Wed, 02 Apr 2008 2:17 pm

Hi Lawreen & others, is anyone try to organise any gathering? :???:

ria3n
Regular
Regular

Postby ria3n » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 3:32 pm

it been a whiles since the outing , will have the next one coming , anyone interested in exhange with binlingual ..pm me

Lawr200688

Postby Lawr200688 » Tue, 08 Apr 2008 12:10 pm

Hi Yuji and others .... Sorry for the late response .... I would like to meet up with others trying to learn Chinese and practice among ourselves, beginners could be encouraged that there is hope and learn a few more phrases and more advanced types could simply pratice. Definitely worth a try in my view.

I have found one kind person with a compatible schedule for a language exchange; I definitely have the need for more practice because once a week is not enough (week days are best for me ) ... Thanks all