Singapore Expats

medical checkup

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
joeylee

medical checkup

Post by joeylee » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 3:08 am

hi all,

can i check for the medical checkup, will the nurse take ur height and weight again during the checkup? they use a elecronic machine for both e height and weight measurement?

moreover, if can pass the hand reach test but the height is below the requirement will they allow us to go for the interview?

Fatty
Regular
Regular

Re: medical checkup

Post by Fatty » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 11:00 am

joeylee wrote:hi all,

can i check for the medical checkup, will the nurse take ur height and weight again during the checkup? they use a elecronic machine for both e height and weight measurement?

moreover, if can pass the hand reach test but the height is below the requirement will they allow us to go for the interview?
hand reach test is taken after u pass ur interview. with ur ht taken is below the requirement i suppose u r disqualified immediately not even the interview, if i nt wrong.

JerBearo
Regular
Regular

Post by JerBearo » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 11:20 am

yup!
normal procedure would be "height & hand reach test".
after that the interview session would begin.

different airlines might have different ways in conductings.

Reality is harsh, many get booted out because of height.

Choco K.

Post by Choco K. » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:49 am

What if u pass all the rounds and during the medical check, ur height is measured like 1 or 2cm shorter then 158, will they still qualifiy u?

purple.sara
Chatter
Chatter

Post by purple.sara » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 1:20 pm

what if u're under weight during the medical check up...will get booted out?

divine_genie

Post by divine_genie » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:45 pm

purple sara and choco k, from my personal expereince with SIA's medical checkup, as long as you pass the very first height check, they are not overly concerned with the subsequent height measured even during medical checkup, unless you are measured something like 1.50m (which is way below their requirement) 1.50m is only an example i'm giving btw. as for weight.. I think the same should apply as weight is taken during uniform fitting. The interviewers would have known u are underweight and if they chose you to proceed to the next, i think you should be safe.

Choco K.

Post by Choco K. » Tue, 11 Mar 2008 2:15 pm

Got it! Thanks.. :D