Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore/Ireland

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

markhed
Regular
Regular

Singapore/Ireland

Postby markhed » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 8:33 am

This rain sure reminds me of home in Ireland. All I need now is the chaotic traffic, late trains and drunks on the street to complete the picture..

I have to return to Ireland in a few months and I must admit that Singapore really does grow on you after the initial culture shock...

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 8:56 am

The traffic's already chaotic, the trains have no schedule, and I'm working on the third one. Where do you live? I'll be outside your place once I'm suitably ripened :cool: :lol:

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 9:18 am

ha ha, I guess its relative. The traffic here is a dream and the trains fantastic from my perspective!

Im downtown and heading out later today so I will keep an eye out for you!

cutiebutie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cutiebutie » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 9:40 am

Jeppo wrote:The traffic's already chaotic, the trains have no schedule, and I'm working on the third one. Where do you live? I'll be outside your place once I'm suitably ripened :cool: :lol:

Please come to visit me in Bangkok to see chaotic traffic and chaos (not only in terms of traffic) :lol:
- Thank God for Darwin -

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:02 am

cutiebutie wrote:
Jeppo wrote:The traffic's already chaotic, the trains have no schedule, and I'm working on the third one. Where do you live? I'll be outside your place once I'm suitably ripened :cool: :lol:

Please come to visit me in Bangkok to see chaotic traffic and chaos (not only in terms of traffic) :lol:

I've been to Bangkok and lived in Indonesia for 6 years. Bangkok has nothing on Jakarta. :D

And before anyone else posts, I was being facetious in my remarks about the traffic to give me a lead in on getting drunk. As if I need an excuse to get drunk on a friday :cool: :P

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:34 am

You tell 'em Jeppo!

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:00 am

They best be careful or I'lls gets me whip out :twisted: :P

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 9:48 am

So Jeppo, did you get suitably wasted?

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:22 am

The last thing I remember is leaving work on Friday, then waking up here at my desk about half hour ago. So, I guess the answer would be yes...unless I'm suffering from some sort of brain disease or somesuch. Maybe I should get a consult from Dr House to make sure? :cool: :P :lol:

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:32 am

Im going to go out on a limb here and suggest you are not originally from around here??

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jeppo » Mon, 03 Mar 2008 11:51 am

You're guessing right. Originally from Aus, but spent 6 years in Indonesia and have currently been in Singapore for the last 4 years.

Brian Boru

Postby Brian Boru » Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:54 am

Aragh now a mhac, that's not the spirit!

You've just missed the solitary snow shower of the winter, which kindly gave us about 4 inchs of snow last night. Also, lightening nearly liquidated a row of houses in Belmullet.

Also, the train drivers are on strike!

:D Welcome home!

Whereabouts are you from?

markhed
Regular
Regular

Postby markhed » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:02 am

Im from Kildare!

I read the story about the train drivers and I was thinking ah jaysus here we go again. I will have to face all that when I get back in July.

I saw the snow alright, just looking out the window here in Singapore, looks unlikely we will have snow here, today anyway....

did you live here?

Jamesharding

Postby Jamesharding » Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:24 pm

feckin culchies...they're bleedin everywhere
Sex, Drugs and Rock n' Roll. Singapore is slightly lacking some of these vital life ingredients

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Addadude » Thu, 06 Mar 2008 6:54 pm

Brian Boru wrote:Also, the train drivers are on strike!

Sounds like it's business as usual back there then... And friends and relatives wonder why I like Singapore so much...

Markhed, are you going to the Irish Embassy St. Pat's Day shindig next week?