Singapore Expats Forum

looking for thai friends to discuss thai pop songs

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

annyung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 28 Feb 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

looking for thai friends to discuss thai pop songs

Postby annyung » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 2:27 pm

hi,i am a local student,male 28,very interested in thai pop songs...Would simply like to discuss and share this interest...am looking for like-minded people or thai people in singapore who like thai music as much as i do.can email me at tanby@gmail.com

regards

สวัสดีครับ...ผมชื่อบ๊อบบี้,คนสิงคโปร..ผมชอบเพลงไทยมากๆ..ไม่รู้ในฟอ-รั่มมีคนไทยไหม...เหมือนกันผมชอบเพลงไทย ...อยากแบ่งกันคุณ...ก็ต้องการฝึกภาษาไทย...ถ้าว่าง...ไปรษณีย์อิเล็กทรอนิกสหรือโทรหาก็ได...
เบอร์โทร...เก้าหกสองสูญสูญสามสองเจ็ด...ขอบใจจ้ะ

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007
Contact:

Postby Jeppo » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 2:31 pm

You've already spammed this across 6 forums. How many do you think it will take before you're banned?

annyung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 28 Feb 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

reply...

Postby annyung » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 3:00 pm

apologies...thank you very much for your kind reminder...would like to narrow down to specific threads but do not know which is more specific...can u kindly suggest?i would be very glad to delete as accordingly.

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007
Contact:

Postby Jeppo » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 3:02 pm

Leave this one in General and get rid of the rest. Shouldn't be a problem here, but if you want to check, contact one of the mods and ask where they would like it...

annyung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 28 Feb 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby annyung » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 3:14 pm

appreciate your kind advice...

regards

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Re: reply...

Postby Plavt » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 3:21 pm

annyung wrote:apologies...thank you very much for your kind reminder...would like to narrow down to specific threads but do not know which is more specific...can u kindly suggest?i would be very glad to delete as accordingly.


For somebody who claims to be a student I find your statement almost unbelievable since the appropriate threads should be obvious (they have titles). :shock: :roll:

I have deleted your other posts as this is the most suitable for a newbie.

Moderator.


annyung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 28 Feb 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby annyung » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 3:42 pm

dear moderator,i am writing to clarify on the issue of spamming in this forum...before i accidentally cross the line unknowingly and get banned.

I have posted across 6 forums regarding my threads"looking for thai friends to discuss thai pop songs".As u can see,i am basically looking for like-minded friends who share my interest and so we can both enjoy this hobby.I think this topic is very general and hence i did not restrict it to specific forums.I believe the aim of this forum is promote interaction amongst members.hence,i would think that although i posted across 6 forums,the aim is merely to find like-minded members who can be found in all forums.If this is regarding specific topics like auto or cooking ,then i understand the need to limit to specific forums.So,i think for members to gain benefits from this forum,my case should not be considered spamming.anyway,thanks for helping me to delete.

And does being a student or not matter, when it comes to choosing which forums to post?If i did cross the line accidentally,then please advise accordingly,i think it does not look good on moderators to make comments like"For somebody who claims to be a student I find your statement almost unbelievable".Does it mean that someone who is poor with language can spam?and that in their case it would be believable?Please be objective when you moderate and not be subjective.

regards

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 4:17 pm

The fact was you posted in threads totally unrelated to what you are looking for. For example, you posted in both the 'Business in Singapore' and the 'Computers and Internet' thread yet the titles make their subject clear. Yes the forum can or may promote interaction among users and there are appropriate threads for such a purpose obvious by the TITLES!

As for your comment 'please be objective and not subjective' when you moderate only shows your ineptitude since if you were objective you might have actually bothered to read this;

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic38617.html
Last edited by Plavt on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed, 14 Mar 2007
Contact:

Postby Jeppo » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 4:28 pm

Plavt wrote:... actually bothered to read this;



Read? Hot danggity you axpect us peps to read stuffs in this ear onlyn newspapery thingo? I'm amazed when people actually read more than 2 words in a post before responding, and you want them to read before they start a thread? :twisted: :D

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 4:42 pm

Read? Hot danggity you axpect us peps to read stuffs in this ear onlyn newspapery thingo? I'm amazed when people actually read more than 2 words in a post before responding, and you want them to read before they start a thread? :twisted: :D


Jeppo................................... [-X :lol:

annyung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 28 Feb 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby annyung » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 4:43 pm

hey jeppo,really appreciate your interest in this thread.i tend to agree with u.c",)

cheers

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 6:43 pm

annyung wrote:dear moderator,i am writing to clarify on the issue of spamming in this forum...before i accidentally cross the line unknowingly and get banned.

I have posted across 6 forums regarding my threads"looking for thai friends to discuss thai pop songs".As u can see,i am basically looking for like-minded friends who share my interest and so we can both enjoy this hobby.I think this topic is very general and hence i did not restrict it to specific forums.I believe the aim of this forum is promote interaction amongst members.hence,i would think that although i posted across 6 forums,the aim is merely to find like-minded members who can be found in all forums.If this is regarding specific topics like auto or cooking ,then i understand the need to limit to specific forums.So,i think for members to gain benefits from this forum,my case should not be considered spamming.anyway,thanks for helping me to delete.

And does being a student or not matter, when it comes to choosing which forums to post?If i did cross the line accidentally,then please advise accordingly,i think it does not look good on moderators to make comments like"For somebody who claims to be a student I find your statement almost unbelievable".Does it mean that someone who is poor with language can spam?and that in their case it would be believable?Please be objective when you moderate and not be subjective.

regards


Oh boy, a newbie with a bruised ego.......

Generally, people when entering a new premises, will attempt to find out forum protocol. Additionally, it would seem that, just like most posters, you visited a number of forums here. Therefore, one could just about assume that most posters frequent multiple forums (even you could have noticed the same names across multiple threads). Therefore posting in one thread more than likely will get the same amount of eyeballs to your query. Nobody likes to see the same post over and over again just like nobody likes seeing the same advertisement over and over in a TV show. (also entertainment like these forums). It's called spam. Do you like it in your email in-box?

So with that in mind, maybe you should have read the FAQ's and other stickies in the forum threads before going off half cocked and then whinging because you were called out on it.

As you can see, even our regulars do not appreciate spamming. Jeppo is not a moderator but a valued regular. We have a number of regulars on here that often send us PM's when somebody starts spamming or placing advertising or slagging other posters or otherwise trying to play havoc.

Do not get me wrong, I am not placing you in that category of poster, but letting you know a bit about the protocol here. Forewarned is forearmed.

Oh, I think what Plavt meant was the Forum topics are very clear with the content to be posted in them and your English appeared sufficiently good enough that you should have been able to read and comprehend what you were reading to know that a post about music shouldn't be placed in a forum about business or career's & jobs unless one was deliberately spamming.

Understand now?

annyung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 28 Feb 2008
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby annyung » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 6:53 pm

hi sundaymorningstaple,really appreciate your efforts in elaborating the dos and donts.i think this forum would be more peaceful with more helpful moderators like you.At least u dont jump straight into pointing fingers at newbies who might have accidentally crossed the line.you definitely make newbie member like me feel assured.thanks.

regards

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:06 pm

I've been known to on occasion. Sometimes we get a bad run and we are unfortunately human.

All the moderators on this site were invited by the Admins and we all have full-time jobs but we volunteer our time to try to keep this board clean & easily readable without having to sift through tons of garbage.

Occasionally, we get snippy and for that I/we apologize. :oops!: but sometimes :shit: :-|

Plavt
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4289
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:00 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Oh, I think what Plavt meant was the Forum topics are very clear with the content to be posted in them and your English appeared sufficiently good enough that you should have been able to read and comprehend what you were reading to know that a post about music shouldn't be placed in a forum about business or career's & jobs unless one was deliberately spamming.

Understand now?


Exactly, annyung you clearly are not illiterate, unfortunately some times it may appear a poster is attempting to circumvent the rules as we have seen time and time again. Please note since you are new we don't know you (you can no doubt see the post count against each posters name). Apart from that just have fun posting, for reasons I won't go into I might often seem meaner than I really am. :wink:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests