Singapore Expats Forum

Question regarding Dependent Pass Expiry

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ponic

Question regarding Dependent Pass Expiry

Postby ponic » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 9:16 am

Hello,

My wife's dependent pass was issued on 14/9/2007(as shown on top of the dependent pass). It is mentioned that "This In-Principle Approval is valid for 6 months from the date of this letter."

Since this is issued on 14/9/2007, I trust the rule hasn't changed now. She is expected to come to Singapore on 1st of March.

Could some kindly let me know if the rule is changed and any other hidden formalities required.

Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Question regarding Dependent Pass Expiry

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 1:32 pm

ponic wrote:Hello,

My wife's dependent pass was issued on 14/9/2007(as shown on top of the dependent pass). It is mentioned that "This In-Principle Approval is valid for 6 months from the date of this letter."

Since this is issued on 14/9/2007, I trust the rule hasn't changed now. She is expected to come to Singapore on 1st of March.

Could some kindly let me know if the rule is changed and any other hidden formalities required.

Thanks in advance.

You wife's dependent pass has not yet been issued. Only the in-principle letter has be issued. She doesn't get the dependent's pass until she arrives in singapore. If it was issued on the 14th of Sept of 2007 she as until the 14 of March 2008 in order to "Arrive" in Singapore. However, you are sure waiting till the last minute which seems a bit foolish as what happens if there is a cyclone, hurricane, floods, blizzard, earthquake or some other natural disaster that prevents her from leaving on time. Good luck.