Singapore Expats

Double Taxation: Paying taxes in Singapore and the U.S.

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
maneo
Reporter
Reporter

Re: US Taxes

Post by maneo » Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:03 pm

Capex101 wrote:1. Is there a good tax accountant in Singapore that is fully up on US tax filing - and if so any names would be appreciated. I gave it my best attempt to do it on my own - and am just not comfortable I have it right.
I've been using the tax prep service of one of the Big 4 firms.
Coincidentally tried one of the 3 on the US Embassy list many years ago, thinking to benefit from the lower fee, but ended up paying more in taxes.

As the caveat on the Embassy's webpage says,
"The U.S. Embassy, Singapore assumes no responsibility for the professional ability or integrity of any of the firms or persons whose names appear on this list.."

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: US Taxes

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:21 pm

maneo wrote:
Capex101 wrote:1. Is there a good tax accountant in Singapore that is fully up on US tax filing - and if so any names would be appreciated. I gave it my best attempt to do it on my own - and am just not comfortable I have it right.
I've been using the tax prep service of one of the Big 4 firms.
Coincidentally tried one of the 3 on the US Embassy list many years ago, thinking to benefit from the lower fee, but ended up paying more in taxes.

As the caveat on the Embassy's webpage says,
"The U.S. Embassy, Singapore assumes no responsibility for the professional ability or integrity of any of the firms or persons whose names appear on this list.."
I use a US based tax accountant who has broad experience in foreign taxation issues.