Singapore Expats

Salary Derivatives BO

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Damienslife

Salary Derivatives BO

Post by Damienslife » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 2:27 pm

I have been interviewing and looking for work in derivative documentation in Singapore for a while and was looking for advice from people already there.

I have several years experience and from what I understand they are in dire need of people with this kind of backgound in Singapore. The thing is salary is lower than what I am currently getting and with a family to support just doesn't seem right. On the otherhand would be great to live in another country + experience.

HR promise that living is cheap than most western countries and tax is neglible. They also say I can have a maid and a cook to look after the family as its so inexpensive in Singapore.

One offer is S$75k and Im expected to transfer my knowledge to younger less experienced employees though I wont be a manager. In Oz I am getting A$85 (S$105,000). Mind this is a backoffice role - not front office.

What about bonuses ? What percentage could I expect (if my work is exceptional of course).

Anyone work in this area ? Appreciate any help.

Cheers for all the advice

Ubiquitous

ISDA Docs

Post by Ubiquitous » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:34 am

there are a few jobs out there looking for all levels....Pay is obviously negotiable different companies pay different amounts....tax is around 20% however property prices have recently gone through the roof, so it really depends on how big your family is, and how much space you require to live comfortably....obviously only you would know. As for maid services, you can get a maid for around SGD 300 per month, but you have to pay her tax levy (100%) and all insurance so that price goes up - Singapore is a great place to be, so if a company is interested, you should definitely give it a go or come up here and have a look before you make a decision - cheap flights via Jetstar....

hope that helps
aye

Skinny-n-Starsie

Post by Skinny-n-Starsie » Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:24 am

Is the company paying you a housing allowence on top of your Salary?? Have they offerd to cover your health care fund while in Singapore?
Also if your children are school aged. is the company paying their school fees???

I would be REALLY careful about moving on just the info you have given, considering you have a family to support.. also, if your skills are in demand you should be able to negoitate at LEAST what you are being pain here in OZ. Not trying to sound greedy... I would just be a little more wary of your HR department.

Dont forget that if you have private health cover back here in OZ.. you will need to keep paying that while you are in Singpaore or get hit up for the extra levy, and have to resit all your waiting periods again.

Good luck and hope it goes well for you.

Keep researc
If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear it.. Do the other trees laugh??